Most Overused Phrase on the Messageboard

Troll

With this site's anniversary coming up in a couple months, a lot of the same topics come up each year, and a lot of the same responses follow.  Which phrase gets overused and has lost some of its flavor.  IYO!

1.  "Your right!  I'm looking for a dominate performance."

2.  "He is going to surprise some people."  IE, last year he was not potty-trained. this year, we are shooting for unsoiled singlets---therefore, he is going to surprise some people.

3.  Any blatant non-sequitor to shamelessly promote your kid.  For example, the topic is "Most likely to finish the season without a loss" and the poster writes:  "Billy Steve lost 28 matches last year, but i really look for him to get out of the sectional this year.  He will surprise some people."

4.  Any posts by Wrestleman.  Is this a grown man?  Really?

5.  "Don't count out...."  No way!  I always discount the lower-seeded wrestler.  ALWAYS.

But then again, I could be wrong, IMO.  All of this is just so much talk...whoever is on a mission will be at the top of the podium.  and, at the end of the day, that's the only ranking that matters! 

i also find that champions rebound from early season high-profile losses to other very good wrestlers, especially after there is a lot of chatter on the message board.  Why?  Because after the loss, the loser "goes back to the room and works extra hard."  generally, the winner, feeling very confident after the win, takes a few weeks off and is out of shape for the revenge match and loses.  IMO.

on a serious note,  "team" state should be abolished.  for example, if the eighth ranked team turns down an invitation, "team" state is invalid!  even if the top 12 teams did come, if it is not at the end of the season, or sanctioned by the IHSAA, it is a joke!  get over yourselves.  IMO. 

on a serious note,  "team" state should be abolished.  for example, if the eighth ranked team turns down an invitation, "team" state is invalid!  even if the top 12 teams did come, if it is not at the end of the season, or sanctioned by the IHSAA, it is a joke!  get over yourselves.  IMO.

Unfortunately, there is only one true team state champion recognized by the IHSAA and its at the end of the individual state finals.  Last year that was Indianapolis Cathedral.  The IHSWCA Duals identifies the best team, but sadly that's just another regular season "tournament".

Unfortunately, there is only one true team state champion recognized by the IHSAA and its at the end of the individual state finals.  Last year that was Indianapolis Cathedral.  The IHSWCA Duals identifies the best team, but sadly that's just another regular season "tournament".

your right!

Hey Antknee, that Jimtown Jimmie avatar sure looks alot like Purdue Pete...

Well Purdue Pete is holding a stake driver and wearing a hard hat.  While Jimtown Jimmie clearly has a sledge hammer and a construction helmet.  Not to mention the color schemes and lettering completely differ.  :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.