CRYSTAL BALL - Your look into the future

base

I really enjoy going back to the message board from 2009, 2010 (yes, I have a lot of spare time  :P)  One of the things I really like is seeing what people thought back then, and how schools/coaches/kids have turned out compared to the expectations

I'd like to start an annual thread at the end of each year where people can give some predictions for 2 years down the road, and 4 years down the road (and even longer than that if you want)

Anything is fair game -- college programs, individual wrestlers, coaches, HS programs, IHSAA decisions, heck even board posters!  I think it will be fun to look back in 2016 and 2018 at these predictions and see how off base many of them are.

I'll throw out a few to get the ball rolling:

- Chad Red wins his 4th state title, becoming the latest of a very select group of Indiana HS wrestlers

- Mater Dei wins the team title (both the real team title at the IHSWCA tournament and the (air quotes) "TEAM" title at the state tournament) led by the 2 Lee brothers who both win state titles

- Caliboy is spotted getting a huge powder blue falcon tattoo on his back

- Scrambling becomes even more a part of the sport.  Stalemates are called at a record pace

- IHSAA rules are further relaxed and "recruiting" is rampant.  The big successful programs continue to grow as successful club wrestlers are much more likely to wrestle where they choose

- The class debate continues.  Same players on both sides with the same arguments

- IHSAA decides to eliminate one or two more weight classes

- Evansville semistate becomes the dominant SS, pushed by Contenders, Mater Dei, and Maurer clubs

I really enjoy going back to the message board from 2009, 2010 (yes, I have a lot of spare time  :P)  One of the things I really like is seeing what people thought back then, and how schools/coaches/kids have turned out compared to the expectations

I'd like to start an annual thread at the end of each year where people can give some predictions for 2 years down the road, and 4 years down the road (and even longer than that if you want)

Anything is fair game -- college programs, individual wrestlers, coaches, HS programs, IHSAA decisions, heck even board posters!  I think it will be fun to look back in 2016 and 2018 at these predictions and see how off base many of them are.

- Mater Dei wins the team title (both the real team title at the IHSWCA tournament and the (air quotes) "TEAM" title at the state tournament) led by the 2 Lee brothers who both win state titles

I think you made a mistake: 

Mater Dei wins the team title.  Both the (air quotes) "TEAM" title at the IHSWCA tournament and the real team title at the state tournament led by the 2 Lee brothers who both win state titles

Correct because Cathedral had the best dual team this year....

Doesn't matter. Only one IHSAA team champion goes down in the record books. It doesn't matter if you like it. It's what we have. Can't crown anyone a state champion from a regular season tournament.

Doesn't matter. Only one IHSAA team champion goes down in the record books. It doesn't matter if you like it. It's what we have. Can't crown anyone a state champion from a regular season tournament.

That's a good attitude to better the sport....like I said in the hang out who rememebers that EXCITEMENT in the team race...IT WAS BUZZING in Bankers Life..everyone I sat by was just going hey did you see that screen ohn those numbers on that screen are close I hope the Mishawaka kid wins So that Franklin gets above Perry...you know the TEAM aspect of wrestling.

WHAT ARE SOME PREDICTIONS FOR THE FUTURE OF INDIANA WRESTLING?!?

Please, let's stop the pi$$ing match and make some Nostradamus-like predictions of what we'll be watching in a couple years.

Will Brownsburg's youth program translate into a state contender team in 2 yrs? 4?

Will Purdue or IU make some change that will get them on the track to the upper echelon of the B1G conference?

Will Rutgers or Maryland shake things up in the B1G?

Will Brownsburg's youth program translate into a state contender team in 2 yrs? 4?

I say probably yes. Scott Meyer and team did a great job building that program to be what it is now with all home grown kids, all kids that are from Brownsburg. Huge accomplishment considering all of the pay your way to wrestle programs out there. No one really saw them coming as youth began emerging as studs in different areas and tournaments. Another question is how tough will Avon be in a few years, their youth team is solid from top to bottom. I do like the predictions here.

WHAT ARE SOME PREDICTIONS FOR THE FUTURE OF INDIANA WRESTLING?!?

Please, let's stop the pi$$ing match and make some Nostradamus-like predictions of what we'll be watching in a couple years.

Will Purdue or IU make some change that will get them on the track to the upper echelon of the B1G conference?

Will Rutgers or Maryland shake things up in the B1G?

State contenders i dunno, but I can tell you that Brownsburg will no longer be that one school no one has ever heard of.

That's a good attitude to better the sport....like I said in the hang out who rememebers that EXCITEMENT in the team race...IT WAS BUZZING in Bankers Life..everyone I sat by was just going hey did you see that screen ohn those numbers on that screen are close I hope the Mishawaka kid wins So that Franklin gets above Perry...you know the TEAM aspect of wrestling.

Sorry don't watch the "hang outs". 

Here is my prediction:  the IHSAA will NOT adopt the IHSWCA dual tournament by 2016 or by 2018 so it will continue to be a regular season tournament. 

I predict....

IHSWCA keeps a record book

People will believe the IHSWCA is a regular tourney unless they win it

Everyone will know the IHSWCA State Champ is the OFFICIAL Team State Title and the IHSAA is the Coaches trophy

The class debate will go on forever with no headway.

"Recruiting" or "Move-ins" will continue to decay our sport and allow for 10-15 powerhouse schools and everyone else will just have to work harder

Tskin and TripleB will run in a 1/2 marathon

Mater Dei will become a public school

The google hangouts will captivate people so much it will be 3rd highest watch show behind the super bowl and walking dead

The Cubs will win the World Series. 

Swimlam,

Regarding Brownsburg: we have actually seen huge growth in our youth wrestlers by opening our doors.  Our best and most improved wrestlers do our club - Nick runs the elite group and I run the beginners...but we have also strongly encouraged our wrestlers to attend an academy.  The highest placing youth wrestlers at state last weekend from Brownsburg attend our club and either go to Red Cobra, CIA or Contenders.  The amount of improvement some of these kids have shown is absolutely staggering. 

I just want to make sure there is no confusion about the direction of Brownsburg Wrestling.  We will always offer a great and inexpensive club, but now we want and encourage our wrestlers to get out of the Brownsburg room and do extra.

Snyder

Swimlam,

Regarding Brownsburg: we have actually seen huge growth in our youth wrestlers by opening our doors.  Our best and most improved wrestlers do our club - Nick runs the elite group and I run the beginners...but we have also strongly encouraged our wrestlers to attend an academy.  The highest placing youth wrestlers at state last weekend from Brownsburg attend our club and either go to Red Cobra, CIA or Contenders.  The amount of improvement some of these kids have shown is absolutely staggering. 

I just want to make sure there is no confusion about the direction of Brownsburg Wrestling.  We will always offer a great and inexpensive club, but now we want and encourage our wrestlers to get out of the Brownsburg room and do extra.

Snyder

That sounds quite a bit like the way we are running it here down at Whiteland. We keep the local club cheap for a bunch of beginners and inexperienced guys for them to get a feel for wrestling. If they want to pursue wrestling a little more, I work with them as much as possible and encourage them to seek other what I call "private" clubs with a paid membership. Since we can't offer what skill level that is attending those, I suggest they get out there, hear what other coaches are saying and get in some work with quality wrestlers.

Not really a prediction, but  in two years I'd like to see Whiteland send 4 guys to IHSAA state.

Correct because Cathedral had the best dual team this year....

If they had the best dual team why the 3 or 4 loses? They did win the IHSAA team state by having a few big guns but to say they were the best dual team is silliness until they beat the dual champs in Franklin!!!  I am not a Franklin person but to be the team you have to beat the team.

Perry Had 28 medals with 8 champs, 5 runner-ups,  middle school hasn't lost a dual in 2 years and only 1 in past 4 years. But what I believe is the most important is that we had over 80 kids wrestle the past two weekends.

Perry Had 28 medals with 8 champs, 5 runner-ups,  middle school hasn't lost a dual in 2 years and only 1 in past 4 years. But what I believe is the most important is that we had over 80 kids wrestle the past two weekends.

Now thats impressive the future looks bright... Going to be fun to see Perry and Avon battle it out for years.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.