IHSWCA Team State News

GrecoCoach

My vote is for Pepsi coliseum for venue.

I have never been there could it hold 12 mats?  Im just comparing it to the Fort Wayne Coliseum that couldnt hold four on the main floor, so wrestling would have to be done in the expo center.  I guess that could work, but there would be a greater separation between the various venues.

I don't know how much Mark Durham as been ask to be involved but I know that he has had a few different venues for Indy Nationals and probably knows a little about others. Mr. D has booked Conseco (Bankers Life), Hinkle Fieldhouse, Indiana Convention Center and U of Indy just to name a few. Mark is a great resource with a love for wrestling.

I like the idea of growing the event, but what does adding 4 more teams really do for the event competitive wise. Within each class there is already a mass separation between the top teams and the rest. Not so much in the 3A battle, but in the 2A and 1A it is light and day from the top 3-5 teams to the rest of the field.

I like the idea of growing the event, but what does adding 4 more teams really do for the event competitive wise. Within each class there is already a mass separation between the top teams and the rest. Not so much in the 3A battle, but in the 2A and 1A it is light and day from the top 3-5 teams to the rest of the field.

If for no other other reason, exposure and experience are good enough reasons for me. Whatever can be done to grow these tournaments and create a buzz about the sport is a good thing.

I totally disagree with this.  I think the 1A state finals showed how random it was this year; and I think that without Yorktown, an all-inclusive 2A could be won on the right day by nearly 10 teams.

I disagree. The current set up is almost ideal for the Yorktown's program. The team state is awesome for their program kids who grind away but are not state caliber.  Then their studs get a chance to compete at individual state against the big boys. Win win from my outsiders perspective.

Yorktown and Evansville Memorial, should opt up to 3A to compete with the big dogs like Mater Dei does (and maybe a few others).

Just my opinion

huh? Memorial didn't even qualify for the event this year in 2A.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.