The Rankings possibly are updated....

Y2CJ41

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So OTR219 did you post the rankings and then revise them and re-post them again today? I noticed that 160 changed after the release this evening. Just confused how it changed so quickly. Do you have a watch list of wrestlers in each class not listed? I see notable wins listed of names not currently ranked. In some weights the rankings of the semi states differ than the State rankings. Do you guys ever discuss your references with each other? Thank You for all of the work to give us all the info and discussion material. It is greatly appreciated.

We had a small update at 145 and 160 after the original posting.

Yes we have 10-20 kids on the watch list at each weight....no they aren't posted nor will we ever post them.

If a wrestler has a notable result with a kid that is NOT ranked...that usually hints that the individual is on the watch list. Sometimes it is great to get more info on the kid as it is not unusual that we just can't rank a kid because we don't know very many of his wins and losses.

Mike talks to the semi-state guys regularly. We just all have different views on certain kids and other biases that make the rankings different.

So OTR219 did you post the rankings and then revise them and re-post them again today? I noticed that 160 changed after the release this evening. Just confused how it changed so quickly. Do you have a watch list of wrestlers in each class not listed? I see notable wins listed of names not currently ranked. In some weights the rankings of the semi states differ than the State rankings. Do you guys ever discuss your references with each other? Thank You for all of the work to give us all the info and discussion material. It is greatly appreciated.

It's posted off of a spreadsheet when the update goes sometimes they come up out of place 45 and 60 were switched around a little. So 160 and 45 had to be re updated I do the merrillvile semi state I ask Zach, joe and triple B their opinions on guys but I like that the rankings aren't always the same obviously those guys see more wrestling in those areas then I do. I take what they say in to great consideration. Those guys do a great job

Y2 and OTR219, Thanks for the answers, one other thing, is there any way to get the coaches to post in the results section individual results and records? Very few bother to list anything beyond the team scores which really have no value since the team thing is no longer

Great job as usual Mike..Good thing Joe pays so well to do the ranking. ;) ;)

Idk how someone could spend so much time getting them all put together just so people can get on here and cut them up.. ???

What are you talking about??  How was I cutting up the rankings?  They are simple questions....  I am not fighting for any wrestler.

It's a very valid question, Does Rickenbaughs medal from last year hold weight over all of stevenson's wins this year or not?  I don't know, but I'd like to know the Ranking's guys thought on it.

Y2 and OTR219, Thanks for the answers, one other thing, is there any way to get the coaches to post in the results section individual results and records? Very few bother to list anything beyond the team scores which really have no value since the team thing is no longer

We have invested in a few cattle prods for use next year on coaches that only post the team score. If that doesn't work I am out of ideas.

We have invested in a few cattle prods for use next year on coaches that only post the team score. If that doesn't work I am out of ideas.

Oregon has actually instituted a rule where teams must submit their match results into a central data base (through trackwrestling or another source).  I believe the idea behind it is to help ensure accurate information results for seeding purpose.

@OTR.  Question, and no bias or anything just a question.  In the 138 rankings the kid that jumped from 9th to 4th lost to he kid that went from 7th to 12th how does that make sense? No big deal to me just wondering if there was more to it then just notable matches? Thanks

For the next paragraph I'm going to politely tell you that you screwed up the rankings and suck, but don't worry I'll end the reply with "thank you for all the hard work you do"  ;D

Oregon has actually instituted a rule where teams must submit their match results into a central data base (through trackwrestling or another source).  I believe the idea behind it is to help ensure accurate information results for seeding purpose.

The IHSAA tried halfway mandating the use of Varvee a few years ago. I think about seven teams used it and it didn't catch on. It looks as if the IHSAA will soon be mandating the use of TrackWrestling for the state series(this year Regional onward will use it). That could very well lead to a better mandate in the near future.

What are you talking about??  How was I cutting up the rankings?  They are simple questions....  I am not fighting for any wrestler.

It's a very valid question, Does Rickenbaughs medal from last year hold weight over all of stevenson's wins this year or not?  I don't know, but I'd like to know the Ranking's guys thought on it.

I don't remember calling out no names..Don't think it personally..it wasn't about you..everytime mike does an update a few people always seem to freak out..

I don't remember calling out no names..Don't think it personally..it wasn't about you..everytime mike does an update a few people always seem to freak out..

I "assumed" it was directed towards me since I thought I was the only one that had questions. If it wasn't, my apologies...

@OTR.  Question, and no bias or anything just a question.  In the 138 rankings the kid that jumped from 9th to 4th lost to he kid that went from 7th to 12th how does that make sense? No big deal to me just wondering if there was more to it then just notable matches? Thanks

It's from the 2 weeks ago at team state smith lost to Stephenson who has a couple losses and krumlauf only loss is smith who went up 5 early. Then fuqua wrestling and defaulting to covaciu who has traded wins/losses with Pruitt. So I moved krumlauf ahead of those guys. But still behind cash Hughes Lykins

Ontherise and I wouldn't know what to do on Saturday nights if all of the information we needed was actually available.

Check trackwrestling. If you go to browse, then look up seasons, you can go to state of Indiana.  Some schools post their individual results there.  You can sometimes look up an individual and get his matches.  They are not all there, but it may help you find what you may be looking for in terms of individual results.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.