Al Smith Classic

Pro power 25

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cummings looked very impressive over Hildebrandt, close score but it did not look like the freshman was in any trouble. Crary looked dominant at 113 as well. Sinkovics had (2) big wins over McKinney & Hudkins, the kid can scramble. Franko looked solid at 126 giving Davis all he can handle, Johnson (Merrillville) lost to Davis 3-0 & looked good in wins over McGhee (Warren Central) & Molloy (Danville). Deondre Wilson looked unstoppable, everyone at 126 & 132 should be concerned. Wonder what weight he'll go post-season? Chafin & Noblitt look like gladiators at 132, big!Drew Hughes controlled Tommy Cash for six minutes but the whole match was just 2 takedowns. Trent Pruitt looked good at 138 with wins over Swank & Covacui. Rentas looked solid at 145 beating Loe & staying in with Forte in the finals. Macri owned 152! Kenny Hughes is a man possessed, he is on a mission! Chase Osborn had big wins over Sopko & Katsafaros. Exciting stuff at Al Smith, definitely worth the price of admission. Congrats to all the wrestlers who participated in this meat grinder.

Cummings looked very impressive over Hildebrandt, close score but it did not look like the freshman was in any trouble.

One of the better championship matches, though the Cummings was in a bit of trouble at the very end of the match. The takedown on the edge looked like it could have gone to Hildebrandt. Still, very impressive by Cummings.

And you're right about Sinkovics being able to scramble. He and Hudkins got into some really crazy scrambles.

Cummings looked very impressive over Hildebrandt, close score but it did not look like the freshman was in any trouble. Crary looked dominant at 113 as well. Sinkovics had (2) big wins over McKinney & Hudkins, the kid can scramble. Franko looked solid at 126 giving Davis all he can handle, Johnson (Merrillville) lost to Davis 3-0 & looked good in wins over McGhee (Warren Central) & Molloy (Danville). Deondre Wilson looked unstoppable, everyone at 126 & 132 should be concerned. Wonder what weight he'll go post-season? Chafin & Noblitt look like gladiators at 132, big!Drew Hughes controlled Tommy Cash for six minutes but the whole match was just 2 takedowns. Trent Pruitt looked good at 138 with wins over Swank & Covacui. Rentas looked solid at 145 beating Loe & staying in with Forte in the finals. Macri owned 152! Kenny Hughes is a man possessed, he is on a mission! Chase Osborn had big wins over Sopko & Katsafaros. Exciting stuff at Al Smith, definitely worth the price of admission. Congrats to all the wrestlers who participated in this meat grinder.

Nicely put. Only thing I will disagree with is I am not sure if the $8 per day cost, which cost my family of 5 $80 over two days was worth the price of admission!

Nicely put. Only thing I will disagree with is I am not sure if the $8 per day cost, which cost my family of 5 $80 over two days was worth the price of admission!

Agreed! Mishawaka rips people off with the overexagarated cost of admission. Its frustrating that a high school is doing that to families. On the other hand, if you read the paper, Mishawaka's school system is going belly-up and they are asking to combine with South Bend schools. I guess they need to grab that money while they can cause some would theorize there might not be a system in a few years.

If it ain't free it is too much

---The Wrestling Community

Just saying a lower rate for my 6 and 7 year old daughter who spent the entire day not even occupying a seat can be charged a little less.  I mean come on man, to put everyone into one class! Its not fair, you are with me on this one right Joe?  ;D

Just saying a lower rate for my 6 and 7 year old daughter who spent the entire day not even occupying a seat can be charged a little less.  I mean come on man, to put everyone into one class! Its not fair, you are with me on this one right Joe?  ;D

I don't usually pay :)

For some reason when I walk into an event the red carpet is rolled out and I have photographers all over me. It's a rough life.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.