Micic vs Lee

1gold

Lee is but a freshman, so I wouldn't put a lot of pressure on him to win versus the older much more experienced Micic.

That said, it does have a similar setup as the classic Tsirtsis/Quiroga matchups.

Do EMD and Hanover Central have any chance of meeting up prior to state championship tourney?

Lee is but a freshman, so I wouldn't put a lot of pressure on him to win versus the older much more experienced Micic.

That said, it does have a similar setup as the classic Tsirtsis/Quiroga matchups.

Do EMD and Hanover Central have any chance of meeting up prior to state championship tourney?

I agree with your first statement. But JT's upset of Quiroga was a bit more foreseeable at the time. I think a Lee vs Micic matchup is more like a Reese Humphry vs Andrew Howe when Howe was a freshman or the JT vs Bobby Stevenson match two years ago. Lee is an absolute stud and he will be considerably bigger than Stevan. But IMO it would be at least a major.

How was Jason Tsirtsis beating Quiroga foreseeable?  Tsirtsis had lost to him earlier in the season and just came off losing to Anthony Napules a couple weeks before state.

Just looking at the common opponent of Zahid Valencia for Micic and Lee, it will be a close match if it happens. Micic lost 4-2, 1-0 while Lee lost 12-4 under the new rules.  That would translate to about a 6-2 win under the old rules. Nick Lee is coming in with more credentials than Tsirtsis or even Howe did as freshmen.

How was Jason Tsirtsis beating Quiroga foreseeable?  Tsirtsis had lost to him earlier in the season and just came off losing to Anthony Napules a couple weeks before state.

Just looking at the common opponent of Zahid Valencia for Micic and Lee, it will be a close match if it happens. Micic lost 4-2, 1-0 while Lee lost 12-4 under the new rules.  That would translate to about a 6-2 win under the old rules. Nick Lee is coming in with more credentials than Tsirtsis or even Howe did as freshmen.

What was the score of the first match of Tsirtsis and Quiorga at the tricoff?  Wasn't it 3-2?  I thought Tsirtsis had a chance against Quiroga at state just off that result.  If Micic and Lee meet before state and it is close then I could see Lee closing the gap at state.  I think Micic will win by 6-10

I believed it was foreseeable watching their first match at the Traicoff. JT lost a 1 point match to Quiroga that could have gone either way. So for that reason alone a Tsirtsis victory in the next meeting, while still a big upset, was absolutely foreseeable.

If you watch the two matches Lee vs. Valencia and Micic vs Valencia, although they are two years apart, it's pretty clear that while Lee gave a very good account of himself vs Valencia, Valencia was lucky to get out of the match vs Micic with the win. I suppose anything can happen, and it makes for interesting conversation. But... while I'm sure it's a match that Lee would love to get, IMO Lee gets shutout vs Micic

The matches were actually one year a part, not two. I just watched Micic vs. Valendia and it is extremely hard to say Valencia got "lucky" as he won in two straight periods. There was nothing lucky in that win for Valencia, he was the better wrestler that day. The last thing I would call it would be a lucky win. It was a great match between two top wrestlers with the rightful winner's hand raised at the end.

The matches were actually one year a part, not two. I just watched Micic vs. Valendia and it is extremely hard to say Valencia got "lucky" as he won in two straight periods. There was nothing lucky in that win for Valencia, he was the better wrestler that day. The last thing I would call it would be a lucky win. It was a great match between two top wrestlers with the rightful winner's hand raised at the end.

By todays rules Micic wins the first period 6-4 and Valencia wins the second 2-0, so exclude luck altogether is your prerogative. But my original point was that the Micic vs Valencia match was far more competitive than the Lee vs Valencia match. I think anyone watching both would agree.

By todays rules Micic wins the first period 6-4 and Valencia wins the second 2-0, so exclude luck altogether is your prerogative. But my original point was that the Micic vs Valencia match was far more competitive than the Lee vs Valencia match. I think anyone watching both would agree.

How would Micic get 6 points? He had one takedown and one hand to hand exposure in the first period.  Your man crush on Stevan is getting in the way of facts.

From a spectator's view, I hope Lee avoids Micic so he can become a 4 timer.  I think he is definitely deserving to be a 4 timer and can win any other weight. With that said Micic will win, and from a competitor's perspective you want to only face the best. 

From a spectator's view, I hope Lee avoids Micic so he can become a 4 timer.  I think he is definitely deserving to be a 4 timer and can win any other weight. With that said Micic will win, and from a competitor's perspective you want to only face the best. 

That is a bold statement and a lot for a kid to have to live up to.  This kid must be a phenom, at least he better be to hit the 4 time mark at any weight. 

This entire topic is a WIN WIN for the state of Indiana wrestling!!!  When you are arguing which of the nation's best wrestlers will win a match, and they are battling locally...we all win!!!

Keep them coming guys!!!

Now if we can keep them in Indiana for college we'll be even better!  Dang Northwestern is loading up!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.