Best R2G Matches of all time..

TripleB

You guys are making my point for me:

The ticket round is so exciting. It is the best round in the entire season, excluding the finals under the lights. If you add in wrestlebacks – none of these Epic Matches ever matter, there is no drama, and a gigantic portion of the excitement about the state tournament is simply lost. NO WRESTLEBACKS – IN SEMISTATE. EVER.

Totally selfish reasoning.  It is not about you or the fans.  It is about the kids.  Bottom line.  You can take everything else and shove it.

The ticket round is so exciting. It is the best round in the entire season, excluding the finals under the lights. If you add in wrestlebacks – none of these Epic Matches ever matter, there is no drama, and a gigantic portion of the excitement about the state tournament is simply lost. NO WRESTLEBACKS – IN SEMISTATE. EVER.

Fan excitement is not a justification for anything.  The point of high school sports is not to excite the crowd.  That is just a positive by product.

Ticket round is still there.  It just would be split into two separate times.  I would guess the same excitement would be felt for winning in either round as we currently have. 

Copy and Paste from my reply on same subject 3 years ago...

A couple more great "ticket round" matches that took place at the Semi-state formerly known as Seymour were;

#1Greg Weade (Memorial) vs. Andy Wilson (Monrovia)...Wilson Wins  and 

#1 Bo Henry (Bloomington North) vs. Mark Koers (Roncalli)...Koers wins...loved watching Koers (aka "bulldog")

I thought Weade went to Castle? I know he did at one point but he may have moved to Memorial.

Last year at ft Wayne, Derek Roe vs Evan Loe. Match ended and the ref raised Roe's hand, then the ref kept the wrestlers in the center and conversed with his assistant and gave Loe a point and said they were going to OT. Loe ended up getting the tackdown in OT to win

Last year at ft Wayne, Derek Roe vs Evan Loe. Match ended and the ref raised Roe's hand, then the ref kept the wrestlers in the center and conversed with his assistant and gave Loe a point and said they were going to OT. Loe ended up getting the tackdown in OT to win

Yeah that one ranks up there with one of the crazy ones.

Ticket round is still there.  It just would be split into two separate times.  I would guess the same excitement would be felt for winning in either round as we currently have.

I agree... it would be similar to the "blood round" or round of 12 at NCAAs. I'm sure it would be just as exciting.

Yeah, all the states that have wrestlebacks never have any exciting rounds.  Most people are asleep in the stands at those tourney's.  Sheesh!  The excitement moves to a different round, it doesn't disappear with wrestlebacks.  Not really too hard to figure out.

Well, perhaps if you could even fathom the word logic, you could follow these two points.

FIRST – it’s not selfish. It is common sense. If it is not exciting to the fans or parents, the sport loses interest and support. This sport can’t handle much more of that. If you continue to diminish the fan or families experience, soon you will not even have a sport to watch. So in the interest of the sport itself you might consider keeping it entertaining. I don’t know what all this ‘shove it’ business is about – but maybe that’s just how y’all do it in Dekalb.

SECOND – MattM – Come on. I usually like your posts. But you have to admit your logic is a bit flawed here. You want me to believe that if you split an exciting event into two separate rounds and remove the drama from the first you still have just as an exciting product? That’s like saying let’s take the crime out of Law and Order and we would still have an award winning television program. (it’s no Matlock, but that’s my analogy)

Oh, I almost forgot:  (I didn't really, I was being sarcastic) I can't hardly handle these poor arguments where one suggests that watering down the ticket round would remove drama and your best point is "Yeah, all the states that have wrestlebacks never have any exciting rounds" I guess if you make up things I say and argue against them then you can win. Perhaps you could focus on what I really said in the future if you want to have a discussion.

A personal favorite of mine....2003 Adam Myers vs Brandon Garner

Was that the one that Garner spent 5:30 minutes attacking, while Myers did no attacking, and then Myers scored right at the end to win?  If so, that match should be under the "losing with class" topic.  Garner never complained, and he had every right to.  He just shook hands in the middle and walked off.

Was that the one that Garner spent 5:30 minutes attacking, while Myers did no attacking, and then Myers scored right at the end to win?  If so, that match should be under the "losing with class" topic.  Garner never complained, and he had every right to.  He just shook hands in the middle and walked off.

.    No, I'm talking about the other time that they wrestled in the ticket round.

A couple of years ago at the Ft Wayne semi-state carter delaney from Fort Wayne Bishop Dwenger caught undefeated senior Josh Ehr in a cradle and pinned him, insane moment

How do you get "caught" in a cradle???

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.