BORED-Predicted TOP 5 for 2012-13

coatrack

106 : 1.) H. Lee 2.) J. Cottey 3.) Z. Davis 4.) S. Coy 5.) D.Hughes

113 : 1.) S. Micic 2.) T. Cash 3.) Sawyer Miller 4.) J. Brown 5.) Deondre Wilson

120 : 1.) L. Welch 2.) N. Boston 3.) F. Glogouski 4.) B. LaHue 5.) B. Harvey

126 : 1.) B. James 2.) S. Phillips 3.) A. Garcia 4.) J. Fuqua 5.) A. Schoettle

132 : 1.) N. Crume 2.) C. Carroll 3.) L. Moss 4.) E. Loe 5.) D. Broukal

138 : 1.) C. LeCount 2.) N. Molloy 3.) L. Blanton 4.) A. McHugh 5.) B. Kelley  

145 : 1.) T. Forte 2.) J. Farrell 3.) M. Hartman 4.) N. Bova 5.) R. Hiestand

152 : 1.) V. Corsaro 2.) L. Kriech 3.) K. Hughes 4.) J. Tatom 5.) R. McClurg

160 : 1.) I. Bradley 2.) B. Steveson 3.) A. McCloskey 4.) B. Griffin 5.) S. Seitzinger

170 : 1.) J. Masengale  2.) S. Sopko  3.) C. Fiddler 4.) A. Linnear 5.) M. Ntende (Not sure if he graduated or not)  

If he's grown into the weight, I'd say Chad Red will have a pretty good shot at being in the top 5 at 106 from what I've seen.  On a different note, it looks like the Fort Wayne semi-state is getting tougher, with multiple kids that could make the top 5 in 8 of the 10 weight classes you posted and three that can arguably be ranked #1 (Crume and Carroll is a toss-up IMO).  Fort Wayne's had 3 state champs only one season over the past decade.

If he's grown into the weight, I'd say Chad Red will have a pretty good shot at being in the top 5 at 106 from what I've seen.  On a different note, it looks like the Fort Wayne semi-state is getting tougher, with multiple kids that could make the top 5 in 8 of the 10 weight classes you posted and three that can arguably be ranked #1 (Crume and Carroll is a toss-up IMO).  Fort Wayne's had 3 state champs only one season over the past decade.

2012 Fort Wayne Semi State...

Completely forgot Jimtown comes out of the Fort Wayne semi-state and that Crume and Carroll had faced off, for some reason I thought Jimtown goes through Merrillville.  Looks like Crume has the upper hand as of last season.  My post wasn't meant as a slight on Crume, if anything it was a homer pick as I'm a Fort Wayne semi-state supporter.  But seeing as how I was mistaken and they both come out of FW, I'd be happy to see either win state, although with Crume being a senior who's come close before I'll be pulling for him.

And Y2, we both know no one cares about the upper weights  ;D

I don't think that Neal Molloy will lose another match in his high school career and I think that Braeden Montgomery will be a tough one to beat as well.  Need to put Vinny Cosaro  and Little Harvey along with the big guy Bernard right up there as well.  Look for Rassbach and Jones and Zorniger to rattle the cages from Avon, McCreary from Mooresville and Fox from Cascade as well.

I don't think that Neal Molloy will lose another match in his high school career and I think that Braeden Montgomery will be a tough one to beat as well.  Need to put Vinny Cosaro  and Little Harvey along with the big guy Bernard right up there as well.  Look for Rassbach and Jones and Zorniger to rattle the cages from Avon, McCreary from Mooresville and Fox from Cascade as well.

Molloy vs LeCount would be a toss-up match at this point in time.  I would definitely not count out a win by LeCount.

Molloy vs LeCount would be a toss-up match at this point in time.  I would definitely not count out a win by LeCount.

I have to agree, although I would not be surprised to see LeCount on a growth spurt that takes him to higher than 138.  I really like the style of both these wrestlers; Molloy, Lecount, and a gutsy Blanton would make for some great match-ups at State.

Molloy is more 'initiating aggressive' directing his offense, and when he is directing the action, is really impressive when he starts pounding doubles and singles in barrages - wow, look out.  However, it appeared he had a few defensive lapses at Al Smith, and the State meet when the match pace slowed. IMO his work this summer should be all defensive.  Quite frankly, IMO, he would be better served wrestling at his natural weight.  To beat LeCount, he has to use his speed and defend counters better.

LeCount's offense is more predicated on him initiating a set-up to get the reaction and position he wants.  His high-inside crotch and ability to immediately turn the corner and switch to a double is impressive technique; not many kids get the nuance of that move - they hesitate and end up in bad position with a single leg & their head stuck on the outside, which allows their opponent to turn the corner and counter. 

LeCount also works inside ties very well for a young guy, and appears comfortable in working his offense in an underhook or outside-bicep situation.  On top he is an underrated pinner with his arm bar & chicken wing series, and can effectively use the legs.  Early in the season, I would expect him to be adjusting to wrestling the bigger guys.  If he learns to better combine his Hi-C attack and work it back & forth with his outside single attack to the opposite side, he would be tough to beat.   

I'm truly hoping LeCount and Molloy fall under the same weight next year. Molloy is the favorite, but LeCount is very good on his feet(Wasn't taken down by Crume or Ayersman) and he's pretty strong. Assuming LeCount isn't cutting as much next year as he did this year and is healthier, he could definitely pull it out.

1. Zack Davis - Penn

2. Jacob Cottey - Perry Meridian

3. Chad Red - New Palestine?

4. Unsure

5. Unsure

1. Stevan Micic - Hanover Central

2. Tommy Cash - New Palestine

3. Forrest Glogouski - Fairfield

4. Hayden Lee - Garrett

5. Sam Lovejoy - Fort Wayne Bishop Luers

1. Nathan Boston - Lawrence North

2. Schuyler Phillips - Yorktown

3. Bailey LaHue - Corydon Central

4. Ben Harvey - Indianapolis Cathedral

5. Josh Fuqua - Crown Point

1. Nick Crume - Jimtown

2. Luke Welch - Castle

3. Brandon James - Perry Meridian

4. Adam Garcia - Merrillville

5. Erique Early - Fort Wayne Snider

1. Luke Blanton - Alexandria

2. Chandler Carroll - Yorktown

3. Levi Moss - Ben Davis

4. Devin Broukal - Bloomington South

5. Evan Loe - Peru

1. Neal Molloy - Danville

2. Cody LeCount - Perry Meridian

3. Tommy Forte - Mishawaka

4. Brendon Kelley - Evansville Central

5. Anthony McHugh - Culver Academies

1. Josh Farrell - Greenfield-Central

2. Nick Bova - Perry Meridian

3. Mitch Hartman - South bend Clay

4. Rhett Hiestand - Yorktown

5. Tristan Macri - Mishawaka

1. Vincert Corsaro - Indianapolis Cathedral

2. Luke Kriech - Franklin Community

3. Austin McCloskey - Western Boone

4. John Tatom - Hamilton Southeastern

5. Blake Giffin - South Dearborn

1. Isaiah Bradley - Muncie South

2. Scottie Sopko - Hobart

3. Frank Martin - Homestead

4. Casey Adams - Jimtown

5. Gino Gillum - Indianapolis Cathedral

1. Jake Massengale - Perry Meridian

2. Bobby Stevenson - Merrillvile

3. Seth Seitzinger - Bloomington South

4. Dusty Shurg - Crown Point

5. Unsure

1. Anthony Linnear - Fort Wayne North

2. Clayton Fiddler - Bloomington South

3. Riley LeFever - Fort Wayne Carroll

4. Unsure

5. Unsure

1. Mitch Sliga - Fishers

2. Matt Hurford - Culver

3. Tanner Adams - Jimtown

4. Dylan Jones - Avon

5. Brad Busse - Bellmont

1. Jared Boehm - Heritage Hills

2. Nolan Wilson - Leo

3. Jacob Lumpkin - Shenandoah

4. Unsure

5. Unsure

1. Gelen Robinson - Lake Central

2. Eric Hemmelgarn - Jay County

3. Wesley Bernard - Indianapolis Cathedral

4. Donte Winfiled - Perry Meridian

5. Nathan Wright - Evansville Mater Dei

I'm truly hoping LeCount and Molloy fall under the same weight next year. Molloy is the favorite, but LeCount is very good on his feet(Wasn't taken down by Crume or Ayersman) and he's pretty strong. Assuming LeCount isn't cutting as much next year as he did this year and is healthier, he could definitely pull it out.

1. Zack Davis - Penn

2. Jacob Cottey - Perry Meridian

3. Chad Red - New Palestine?

4. Unsure

5. Unsure

1. Stevan Micic - Hanover Central

2. Tommy Cash - New Palestine

3. Forrest Glogouski - Fairfield

4. Hayden Lee - Garrett

5. Sam Lovejoy - Fort Wayne Bishop Luers

1. Nathan Boston - Lawrence North

2. Schuyler Phillips - Yorktown

3. Bailey LaHue - Corydon Central

4. Ben Harvey - Indianapolis Cathedral

5. Josh Fuqua - Crown Point

1. Nick Crume - Jimtown

2. Luke Welch - Castle

3. Brandon James - Perry Meridian

4. Adam Garcia - Merrillville

5. Erique Early - Fort Wayne Snider

1. Luke Blanton - Alexandria

2. Chandler Carroll - Yorktown

3. Levi Moss - Ben Davis

4. Devin Broukal - Bloomington South

5. Evan Loe - Peru

1. Neal Molloy - Danville

2. Cody LeCount - Perry Meridian

3. Tommy Forte - Mishawaka

4. Brendon Kelley - Evansville Central

5. Anthony McHugh - Culver Academies

1. Josh Farrell - Greenfield-Central

2. Nick Bova - Perry Meridian

3. Mitch Hartman - South bend Clay

4. Rhett Hiestand - Yorktown

5. Tristan Macri - Mishawaka

1. Vincert Corsaro - Indianapolis Cathedral

2. Luke Kriech - Franklin Community

3. Austin McCloskey - Western Boone

4. John Tatom - Hamilton Southeastern

5. Blake Giffin - South Dearborn

1. Isaiah Bradley - Muncie South

2. Scottie Sopko - Hobart

3. Frank Martin - Homestead

4. Casey Adams - Jimtown

5. Gino Gillum - Indianapolis Cathedral

1. Jake Massengale - Perry Meridian

2. Bobby Stevenson - Merrillvile

3. Seth Seitzinger - Bloomington South

4. Dusty Shurg - Crown Point

5. Unsure

1. Anthony Linnear - Fort Wayne North

2. Clayton Fiddler - Bloomington South

3. Riley LeFever - Fort Wayne Carroll

4. Unsure

5. Unsure

1. Mitch Sliga - Fishers

2. Matt Hurford - Culver

3. Tanner Adams - Jimtown

4. Dylan Jones - Avon

5. Brad Busse - Bellmont

1. Jared Boehm - Heritage Hills

2. Nolan Wilson - Leo

3. Jacob Lumpkin - Shenandoah

4. Unsure

5. Unsure

1. Gelen Robinson - Lake Central

2. Eric Hemmelgarn - Jay County

3. Wesley Bernard - Indianapolis Cathedral

4. Donte Winfiled - Perry Meridian

5. Nathan Wright - Evansville Mater Dei

LOL.  I'm a FW SS fan too but Good Lord, methinks your bias is showing a little too much!

LOL.  I'm a FW SS fan too but Good Lord, methinks your bias is showing a little too much!

Hmmm... Which ones seem unreasonable?

113 - Forrest placed 6th at state last year and the 5 ahead of him were really good. 3rd is reasonable.

113 - Hayden placed 3rd at 106 behind 2 nationally ranked guys. To bump up one weight class, 4th seems about right.

113 - Lovejoy qualified last year and due to a controversial ending to his Friday night match, came VERY close to placing. 5th is about right.

120 - Schuyler was the state runner up. 2nd is pretty standard.

126 - Nick Crume placed 3rd two years in a row and out of 49 wins last year, only 3 didn't end in pin or tech with those being against Robert Boston(4th placer) and Chandler Carroll(5th placer). He definitely deserves 1st.

126 - Early placed 8th with 5 who placed ahead of him graduating. 5th is perfect, maybe even too low.

132 - Chandler Carroll got 5th in one of the toughest weight classes when he likely would have beaten the 4th placer. 2nd is good.

132 - Evan Loe had only 5 losses last year, was a point away from placing, and was Al Smith runner-up. 5th seems good.

145 - Hiestand qualified for state and had a bad draw Friday and likely could have placed with a better one. 4th isn't unreasonable.

160 - Frank Martin had a good season and a bad draw Friday. The bulk of 152 and 160 placer graduated, so he'll be pretty high up there. 3rd may be a BIT too high, but only a few places.

160 - Casey Adams... Well, I go to Jimtown so this may have been biased. But the kid is insane. Don't be surprised if he does pull off 4th place.

182 - Linnear placed 3rd last year. With Mappes graduating and Massengale likely staying at 170, he should take over 1st at 182.

182 - LeFever... OK, this is disagreeable, but he had a HORRID semi-state draw and probably should have made it to state last year. Plus I heard he has been doing amazing off-season so I expect good things out of him.

195 - Tanner Adams was 45-0 and a state qualifier when he got hurt. 3rd isn't unreasonable.

195 - Busse placed 7th and with the wrestlebacks, probably could have placed higher. 5th seems good.

220 - Wilson is one of the only state qualifiers not graduating. He kind of has to be 2nd by default.

285 - Hemmelgarn placed 3rd last year under two seniors. No reason why he can't be 2nd.

Alot of these kids will not be at these weight classes. Trust me. Also, several of these kids have lost to kids that are at the same weight in the prior year, yet are ranked higher than the kid they lost too. It's early, but to be the man you have to bear the man. Homework, homework and more homework..

HWT could be a very interesting weight class this coming year. Heck just this summer Winfield beats Bernard, Bernard then beats Hemmelgarn, and the last I hear is Robinson is going 220lbs still, but even if he goes HWT although a great athlete it will take more than that lateral to win this weight class in my opinion.This is a talented group and this is just one guys thoughts, but If Robinson goes HWT he will be the best athlete of the group. Already looking forward to some of these and many other match ups!

HWT could be a very interesting weight class this coming year. Heck just this summer Winfield beats Bernard, Bernard then beats Hemmelgarn, and the last I hear is Robinson is going 220lbs still, but even if he goes HWT although a great athlete it will take more than that lateral to win this weight class in my opinion.This is a talented group and this is just one guys thoughts, but If Robinson goes HWT he will be the best athlete of the group. Already looking forward to some of these and many other match ups!

Robinson might be 220. I just saw he was heavyweight at an off-season tournament and wouldn't be surprised to see this monster put on about 20 more pounds of muscle which could make it hard to drop to 220. No matter which weight he goes though, I have my money in him being the champ.

I believe Lee is only going to be an 8th grader....

but some freshmen  guys who will make a run are:

Chad Red

Sage Coy

Cael McCormick

Drew Hughes

Jake Tucker

Jose Champagne

Robinson might be 220. I just saw he was heavyweight at an off-season tournament and wouldn't be surprised to see this monster put on about 20 more pounds of muscle which could make it hard to drop to 220. No matter which weight he goes though, I have my money in him being the champ.

I agree he will be a monster at whatever weight he goes...

I believe Lee is only going to be an 8th grader....

but some freshmen  guys who will make a run are:

Chad Red

Sage Coy

Cael McCormick

Drew Hughes

Jake Tucker

Jose Champagne

This will be a great group of wrestlers to keep an eye on!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.