incoming freshman who should be ranked

ontherise219

If I had a kid, I would make sure he/she was the oldest in his/her class for a number reasons: academics, social skills, athletics or other extra curricular activities, maturity...name it.  Honestly, I cannot think one negative reason to starting one's kid late, take a year out to home school, repeat a grade in an advanced class, whatever.  It certainly would of benefitied a number of students I had who were immature in 9th grade yet came back for their sophomore years much stronger in all areas of their lives.  

I am open to opposing thoughts and would love to hear the negatives of starting one's son/daughter a year later than others.

Many people dont have an issue with starting a childs education a year later.  However, some people have a problem with holding a kid back in middle school when there is no real academic problem.  8th grade seems to be a tad bit late in the game to determine that a child has fallen back so much that he needs held back a year in school, so it seems like it is being done for athletic reasons.  Before people blast me, the person asked for con's of started a person late so I gave the negative side ofd the argument.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a few other great 8th graders, ben stewart center grove, brett johnson perry meridian, not sure if cael mccormick yorktown is gonna be a freshman or not. tucker hughes, and nick lee will all be studs next year, is tucker big enought to go 113 ?

Yep.  The last Schurg boy is DAYLAN and he will be a Freshman next year.

That's 4 Schurg brothers on 1 team!

Dusty, Denton, Darden, and Daylan.

All very good wrestlers and GREAT kids!

(Oldest brother, Dallas, is wrestling in college)

Yep.  The last Schurg boy is DAYLAN and he will be a Freshman next year.

That's 4 Schurg brothers on 1 team!

Dusty, Denton, Darden, and Daylan.

I can hear coach sounding like a fristrated parent and calling them all by the wrong name during intense match situations... lol

I have seen many post on the Subject of holding back of Middle School Kids for whatever reasons (Academic, Social Skills and Athletics), and here is my take on it.

I can speak from Experience that I have a boy that is now a Junior, and his birthday is in April. One of the youngest kids in his class.

He made Wrestling Varsity as a sophomore in one of the 5 biggest schools in the state of Indiana, and is in the top 20% of his Graduating class in GPA.

I NEVER thought about holding him back for Academic or Athletic advantages, nor would I.  That is a parents choice. 

I will however add the fact that I find it humorous when I hear about the social aspects/maturity of the child fitting in moving from Middle School into High School as a Freshman. I find it funny, because the parents didn't think it was a problem in Grade School, or Middle school to be with his/her peers socially, and maturity wise, but now it's an issue moving into High School??  I personally know of parents that have done this for all the wrong reasons (Athletic), and some that have done it for the correct reasons (they didn't realize until Middle school that they child academically was not ready for HS Curriculum, and needed ONE extra year, .....not TWO)

Just a Dad, that has been thru it, and I know I made the right choice, and I am at peace with it.

Cool points, who cares, I have none, and I am cool enough without them, LOL! just sayin'

Panther out.

Is tommy cash a big 106? Any chance of him going up to 113, so both these guys can wrestle varsity? I was hearing the red kid was 2-3 State Championships material, IDK never seen him wrestle, but the people talking about him spoke very highly. I couldn't imagine a wrestler that good, not wrestling varsity as a freshman.

CJ Red is that good, and I wouldnt be surprised to see him win multiple titles either the people you were talking too arent to far out of line on that.

CJ Red is that good, and I wouldnt be surprised to see him win multiple titles either the people you were talking too arent to far out of line on that.

Any chance he beats cash? If they both weigh 106 they will have to wrestle off.

Just a quick Google search, shows red was a super 32 champion this past summer & has his own biography on themat.com ha not to bad for a kid who hasn't wrestled a single high school match

Deff looking forward to seeing him wrestle. Some fans were saying when they are comparing how good a wrestler is they don't say is a wrestler "Gable'' good or ''Sanderson'' good but is the wrestler ''CJ Red'' Good

Any chance he beats cash? If they both weigh 106 they will have to wrestle off.

Just a quick Google search, shows red was a super 32 champion this past summer & has his own biography on themat.com ha not to bad for a kid who hasn't wrestled a single high school match

Deff looking forward to seeing him wrestle. Some fans were saying when they are comparing how good a wrestler is they don't say is a wrestler "Gable'' good or ''Sanderson'' good but is the wrestler ''CJ Red'' Good

No way Cash is 106 next year.

U sound pretty confident. Have u seen red wrestle? Does anybody know if they have faced off before? Also coach red coaches at NP, but does CJ attend NP schools, or does his dad just coach there? Just questions I had

I would guarantee that cash isn't at 106 next year. regardless if red is at NP or not

No way Tommy $$$ makes 106# next year.

IMO  If Drew Hughs doesn't grow too much in the next year, he will not only be the top freshman in the state next year, he will win it at 106#, regardless of who else is there. Bookmark the post if you dare.  ;D

Any truth that AC Slater is transferring?

Karl, I just want u 2 know that the pic u posted on saturday night had me & my brother rolling for a good 10 minutes ha all day he was saying that coach looks like Carlton from the fresh prince so when we seen that pic we lost it! haha

No way Tommy $$$ makes 106# next year.

IMO  If Drew Hughs doesn't grow too much in the next year, he will not only be the top freshman in the state next year, he will win it at 106#, regardless of who else is there. Bookmark the post if you dare.  ;D

im pretty sure hughes will be 106 next year, in my opinion, yes he has a shot ;). Cash was losing a little weight to go 106 as you could tell so if np gets red, red will be 106 most likey , and i cant see cash going 106 regardless.

U sound pretty confident. Have u seen red wrestle? Does anybody know if they have faced off before? Also coach red coaches at NP, but does CJ attend NP schools, or does his dad just coach there? Just questions I had

The 2 could not be more different in style.  CJ is a lot more athletic than Tommy.  Tommy's style is just Tommy's style.

He is so difficult to score on.  If they were the exact same size I have no idea who would win.  But if they wrestle tomorrow.

My money is on Cash.  Of course I would bet Cash is close to 12o today.  They both are awesome wrestlers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.