Upsets???

Knight171

126: Wedding over Vanhook (although very injured)

113: Johnson over Mastison

120: Goebal over Johns again

All from Evansville Central Sectional. Im sure im issin one or two.

5th seeded Elderkin (24-10) over 2nd seeded Kemper (31-4).

In my opinion Wedding and Goebel winning aren't upsets. Those guys are all so close in skill.

Oh wow....impressive. They all still move onto regionals?

Really, a Wedding win is an upset:(  I would say an upset is more like Elderkin beating Kemper IMO

160- Riley Lefever of the Fighting Carroll Chargers defeated Isaac Steury of the Cowardly Leo Lions 2-0

170- Garrett "Y2 Trained" Weber of Leo pinned Anthony "nkraus Trained" Linnear of North Side

Oh wow!!! Wait let me guess...Weber pinned by headlock haha.

Mish sectional

138: macri dec hartman 7-3 i think, and was pretty dominant

145: ullery lost to washington kid

160': kolat lost to 4 seed

170: bates lost to 4 seed, and doesnt place top 4

220: Eby from mish took 6th, Regan dec gallegos

160- Riley Lefever of the Fighting Carroll Chargers defeated Isaac Steury of the Cowardly Leo Lions 2-0

170- Garrett "Y2 Trained" Weber of Leo pinned Anthony "nkraus Trained" Linnear of North Side

That Cowardly Lions team did good with two champs and advanced eight.

the ONLY reason i said i was an upset is because Wedding lost last time. and yes. that is a pretty big upset. Kemper only won 4-2 th first time these 2 wrestled though.

If my memory is correct, did Wedding not beat Vanhook last year as well. Both of these boys are great athletes,but head to head I believe Wedding leads overall.

Kellen vancamp (lebanon) over #13 jack chastain (HSE)

Jeffrey scott (clinton central) over #16 adam kern (zionsville)

No upset at 106, these guys are really evenly matched. VC isn't ranked because he's not on a high profile team like HSE. Side note Kern- Scott was one heck of a match!

No upset at 106, these guys are really evenly matched. VC isn't ranked because he's not on a high profile team like HSE. Side note Kern- Scott was one heck of a match!

High profile teams tend to wrestle high profile schedules which tend to get noticed by others.

Those are very good wins for both I have Scott on the watchlist. I try to track as many results as I can. I have followed Lebanon's result I have both Campbells on the watch list. So I don't think it is a matter of not being a high profile team. Chastain had some awesome matches like the Mantel match. Good luck in the tournament.

Not an upset because not a win, but Emelio Forrest was literally a second or 2 away from reversing #20 former state qualifier Trevor Echartea which would have beaten him 6-4. Instead they went into overtime which Forrest lost. Emelio was up 4-2 headed into the 3rd period.

Those are very good wins for both I have Scott on the watchlist. I try to track as many results as I can. I have followed Lebanon's result I have both Campbells on the watch list. So I don't think it is a matter of not being a high profile team. Chastain had some awesome matches like the Mantel match. Good luck in the tournament.

VanCamp is a really good wrestler.  Jack has wrestled him 4-5 time in the last few years.  Jack has been able to win most of them but they have always been very close.

If you make a mistake against him.  He will make you pay for it.

Unfortunately Jack is more than likely out of the tournament.  He was called for unnecessary roughness in his next match and lost by default.  When the Carmel wrestler could

not continue.  I was not there but it looked like he may of had a concussion.  Our family is hoping that is not the case and he is OK.

However if he can't wrestle on Saturday.  Jack will be able to take his place. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.