Who are some of the top incoming freshmen and what weight?

BlackshirtD

Charger.dad,

Agreed. Let the kids' parents do their job the best way they see fit according to their particular circumstances and conditions.

Lets get back to discussing incoming freshmen...

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought this was about the top incoming freshmen?......to everyone who has the gall to talk crap about high school kids that they don't even know.....maybe you should voice your opinion in person to the kid and his dad......bet that won't happen!.....to many know it alls who speak behind the safety of a computer without knowing the facts......and even if you do, keep it to yourself when it comes to the kids......let them enjoy their high school days without feeling bad about themselves cause some no name wants to shoot off his mouth......seriously people, grow up!

Pretty sure most people were discussing the topic of holding a kid back to gain a physical advantage.  I know I rarely, if ever, mention a kid by name and generally stick to commenting on general topics on this mesage board because I whole heartedly agree that a kid shouldn't be attacked (......let them enjoy their high school days without feeling bad about themselves).  All that being said, I will stick to my guns and say a kid shouldn't be held back to simply gain a physical advantage.  Who has done that?  Only the kid and the parents truly know.  BTW,  I would be happy to have that conversation face to face with a parent who felt otherwise.

Pretty sure most people were discussing the topic of holding a kid back to gain a physical advantage.  I know I rarely, if ever, mention a kid by name and generally stick to commenting on general topics on this mesage board because I whole heartedly agree that a kid shouldn't be attacked (......let them enjoy their high school days without feeling bad about themselves).  All that being said, I will stick to my guns and say a kid shouldn't be held back to simply gain a physical advantage.  Who has done that?  Only the kid and the parents truly know.  BTW,  I would be happy to have that conversation face to face with a parent who felt otherwise.

actually alot of people were talking about a kid they don't know and have no idea what his situation might or might not be.....any adult who talks about kids on here in any manner other than positive is weak spined and probably nothing more than a doooosh bag......if you think the comments on this post won't make a certain young man feel bad then you have no clue about peoples feelings......

actually alot of people were talking about a kid they don't know and have no idea what his situation might or might not be.....any adult who talks about kids on here in any manner other than positive is weak spined and probably nothing more than a doooosh bag......if you think the comments on this post won't make a certain young man feel bad then you have no clue about peoples feelings......

I personally know all involved in this conversation. I also know what their situation is. Im fine with it and to my knowledge they are fine with my opinion for the simple fact that it is, as I've said, just my opinion. It's about the big picture of redshirt not individuals that choose that rout.

And I'm absolutely sure my spine is every bit as sturdy as yours. ;D

I personally know all involved in this conversation. I also know what their situation is. Im fine with it and to my knowledge they are fine with my opinion for the simple fact that it is, as I've said, just my opinion. It's about the big picture of redshirt not individuals that choose that rout.

And I'm absolutely sure my spine is every bit as sturdy as yours. ;D

i've broken my neck before and had vertebrae removed and replaced with bone off my hip so i think my spine is about as sturdy as they get since it doesn't hardly move.....so i think i have you on that one.....lol.....

No ones week here Im all around come talk to me, I didnt mean anything bad towards the youngman just the situation, there has to be something behind holding all 3back I will talk to you face to face if you like thats just my opinion, wish the wrestlers the best of like I just dont agree with the way it obviously went down. Like I said I could really care less my sons a senior ( 17yr old). We are on our way out I just hope others dont follow this path!

I know I'm way off base here with no bashing of kids or complaining about parental decision making. But, my son Isaiah, has been on  Team Indiana for the last (5)years and the upcoming freshmen are potentially a phenomenal crew.  Up at Michigan this time last year the group of kids that are being discussed dismantled every team there.  The closest match was, I believe 30 points.  I'm very excited about these freshmen and what I think they can accomplish.   

Down boy...

I know I'm way off base here with no bashing of kids or complaining about parental decision making. But, my son Isaiah, has been on  Team Indiana for the last (5)years and the upcoming freshmen are potentially a phenomenal crew.  Up at Michigan this time last year the group of kids that are being discussed dismantled every team there.  The closest match was, I believe 30 points.  I'm very excited about these freshmen and what I think they can accomplish.    

I was there also, it was unbelievable! Team IND. went into the final against Black River Ohio who was also undefeated. And absolutely took them apart. Both my kids were on the elementary team at the time. It was difficult to pay attention to our matches. Watching that team was like watching the "93" Bulls. LOL.....

Down boy...

just stating the facts mayor......and yes i agree, this is one tough crop of freshman coming in.....only 2 more weeks and we hit the mat......can't wait.......best of luck to nick.....i think he has a great shot at winning that state title this year....

just stating the facts mayor......and yes i agree, this is one tough crop of freshman coming in.....only 2 more weeks and we hit the mat......can't wait.......best of luck to nick.....i think he has a great shot at winning that state title this year....

Thanks and right back at 'cha! See you soon!

4-1 Maximum Age of Student Athletes

A student who is or shall be twenty (20) years of age prior to or on the scheduled date of the IHSAA state finals in a sport shall be ineligible for interschool athletic competition in that sport; a student who is nineteen (19) years of age on the scheduled date of the IHSAA state finals in a sport shall be eligible as to age for interschool athletic competition in that sport.

My oldest turned 18 the beginning of his senior year and had a pretty good career.

My middle son was 17 when he placed third as a senior.  He did OK.

My youngest will not be 18 until July after he graduates.

They did just fine where they were although I definitely believe they would have placed better with an extra year or two or three.  I would not do that just for wrestling sake.

Parents that hold their kids back a year to gain an advantage are only trying to get the glory that they never had when they were in high school. Some of these parents remind of that show on tv, Toddlers and Tiaras. SMH

I talk to a good friend of mine the other day. He told me how he and his wife are going to wait nine months to conceive their child and have a C section on the day before the cut off date for school to have their child. That way when they hold their child back twice he turns 20 the day after state.  But the main reason is not for sports it so he can buy and sell his friends tobacco. He wants his boy to be able to run a business and make money for college.

I talk to a good friend of mine the other day. He told me how he and his wife are going to wait nine months to conceive their child and have a C section on the day before the cut off date for school to have their child. That way when they hold their child back twice he turns 20 the day after state.  But the main reason is not for sports it so he can buy and sell his friends tobacco. He wants his boy to be able to run a business and make money for college.

;D ;D ;D Outstanding, ;D ;D ;D what a great idea! Wish I would have thought of that!

I talk to a good friend of mine the other day. He told me how he and his wife are going to wait nine months to conceive their child and have a C section on the day before the cut off date for school to have their child. That way when they hold their child back twice he turns 20 the day after state.  But the main reason is not for sports it so he can buy and sell his friends tobacco. He wants his boy to be able to run a business and make money for college.

I missed out BIG TIME, my oldest does turn 20 the day AFTER State this year! Too bad its his 2nd year of COLLEGE, shoulda held him back twice!

That's just bad parenting.

In 20 years there will be no cigarettes. LOL

Parents that hold their kids back a year to gain an advantage are only trying to get the glory that they never had when they were in high school. Some of these parents remind of that show on tv, Toddlers and Tiaras. SMH

So . . .  you basically admit to watching Toddlers and Tiaras?

So from the lists of incoming freshman, that most seem to agree may be one of the deepest freshman groups ever. Who will make the biggest impact??

For me, if Bailey LaHue goes 113# along with Brandon James, that will put 2 freshman on the podium at that weight. I don't see Tommy Cash going 113# but if he does 3 freshman placing at 113#, in my opinion. So of the freshman that I think will earn spots on the podium this year (I'm sure I'm missing a few, possibly Kemper, Sopko?) Bailey LaHue, Brandon James, Evan Smiley, Tommy Forte, Conner James, Robert Steveson II, Joey Mammolenti, Tommy Cash, 3 of them could be at 113#.

I wonder if that has ever happened in Indiana? Three freshman on the podium at one weight.

The top three wrestlers at 103lbs this past year were freshmen.  Along with another one that finished 8th.  Only two other freshmen placed last year, one at 119 and the other at 135.

Nine freshmen were on the podium in 2009.

I'd like to note that those 9 wrestlers on the podium didn't include Cambell from New Castle,McKinley from PM, Todd from PH, Petrove HC, or Brookes from Warsaw all of which have placed 2nd or 1st in their career so far and they're all srs this year... this class will be hard to beat. As of right now the class has 1 3xer, 2 2xers, 2 1xers, 7 2nds oh yeah I also forgot Jackson on that list that wasn't on the podium as a freshman.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.