Signature Moves

base

Jon Felty Graduated from Hobart in 2001 and used a moved coined the "Felty Switch"  He would give an opponant his front leg on a shot then reach inside and switch them while facing them.  I know this sounds strange but it worked for him

Jacob Tonte, headlock, from anywhere, at any time, once you get in it, you are not getting out of it. The kid has the best headlock I have ever seen. Have seen him lock it up while he was on his back, and then get the fall with it.

If the headlock goes to anyone, it would be Robert Miller of Lawrence North.  I've never seen anyone with one better.  And I've been around Indiana wrestling since 1983.

I know Cook from PM has a nasty cradle, two others come to mind also.  Brian Johnson (BG) & Hugh Waddington (LN).  Spence Spencer (LN) used to have a nasty one also. His duck under was mean also. Lance Ellis's (Cath) over hook throw, if you didn't go to your back.  Your face would become one with mat.  Case Hooper (LN) had the meanest front quarter.  Very few will remember this one, but Andre Tedder (LC) might of had one of the best spladles ever.  Toby Turner (Monrovia) had legs that would break you in half.

Deron Phillips (SB LaSalle???) had a duck under into a near side cradle that was pretty sweet. Cashe`s (LN)head smashing.  Andy Trevino (Calumet) had an awesome double leg, as did Todd Sackksteder (Franklin County).  Kelvin Jackson's (AH) unbelieveable speed.  I could go all day. 

An Iranian is where you shoot a double, and your head ends up on the inside after the sprawl.  As you come up from under, you bring one leg downward and the other leg you toss up and over to the side of the leg that you brought downward.  Someone else might be able to put this in words better than I did, but you get the idea.

B DOGG SMASH

Haha...I was thinkin of listing Deron Philips duck into the near side cradle, but didn't know if anyone one else would have  remembered it until I saw your post.  The fact that anybody remembers that from a great wrestler of a now defunct (generally lacking) program says how memorable it was.  That was "Signature"!!!  Rode that move all the way to a State Title.  So signature he gave it a name....The Chilly Philly!

An Iranian is where you shoot a double, and your head ends up on the inside after the sprawl.  As you come up from under, you bring one leg downward and the other leg you toss up and over to the side of the leg that you brought downward.  Someone else might be able to put this in words better than I did, but you get the idea.

Isn't this also called the Barsagar?

Probably.  I think that Iranian might just be the term handed down from Coach Kalver to the Bellmont and Bishop Luers programs.

Probably.  I think that Iranian might just be the term handed down from Coach Kalver to the Bellmont and Bishop Luers programs.

we called it an iranian at laporte

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.