Buca di Beppo on Illinois street - family style italian - take a group

Adobo grill on washington - love it

Iarias - on college ave

There are all kind of good steakhouses downtown too:

Mortons - washington st

St Elmo - Illinois st

Shulas - on capitol

Ruths chris - illinois st

If you want a really nice place then try out fogo de chao. It is amazing. So much food.

http://www.fogodechao.com/dining.htm

**REALLY?  And I was making fun of the concession stands in CA for serving burritos and sushi at a HS football game!  Now I find out people in IN are going to 5 star resteraunts as part of their "Conseco Experience". :P  Should we start the tanning bed discussion again? ::)

I think I have eaten more Steak and Shake then anything else when I was there.

**I digress....I made the assumption that this was a thread about "Where to eat ...when in Indy...during the state finals",  In actuality, I guess the recommendations are in line for the discussion without regard for the context.  Apologies for the tangent. :-[

My son has been to Jillian's.  He said they have a pretty cool atmosphere and decent food.  I think it is supposed to have 3 tiers with a bunch to do besides eat.  I don't know from personal experience though since I haven't been there.

Jillian's is a nice change. They have three floors that include a bar/restaurant, bowling alley, pool tables and a rather large arcade. If you are looking for a little change Jillian's is a good place to spend your break time. I'm not sure of the exact address without looking it up online but it is on Meridian just south of the circle.

Some other fine downtown eateries include:

Weber Grill - www.webergrillrestaurant.com (Corner of Washington and Illinois)

Buca de Beppo - www.bucadibeppo.com‎ (Market and Illinois - next to P.F. Changs)

Ram Restaurant and Brewery - www.theram.com‎ (Illinois between Georgia and Maryland) **Brew their own beer**

Rock Bottom Brewery - www.rockbottom.com (Washington between Meridian and Illinois) **Brew their own beer**

Those are just a few suggestions. If you want a detailed map feel free to look at this PDF: http://www.indy.org/files/map/RestaurantMap.pdf

5 weeks away...

Definitely Rock Bottom.

There is a place about 5 minutes by car, on Kentucky, it is called "Johns Famous Stews", when ya walk in you are gonna say wow, he told this place was good, it is a little hole in the wall bar and dinner, it has the best stew in town. To borrow a line from chunky, so thick you could eat it with a fork, but use a spoon, you'll want to get every drop.

There is another hole in the wall place over on Tibbs and Minnesoya, called "Manns Grill" very reasonable pricing, and you can feed two people with what they puton your plate, again one of those places that when ya walk in is a little dingey, and none of the boothes match, but it was a foundry dinner and has great food.

Neither of these places are within walking distance, so they might not fit into your plans, but if you get the chance, you will like them both.

Brad's Gold Showclub has a great Tenderloin.

and the red guarder has great desert to finish the night, oooooo don?t forget if your car needs worked on classy chassey, I here their open late.

There is also a Yats downtown.  You can get a full plate of Gumbo and a soda for $6.50-$7.  Can't beat that.  They have other things on their menu but it's a cajun creole type joint with some really good food for cheap.  Look at yats.com..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.