Trophy Chasing

lewdwar

I can't speak to the High School situation because I am simply not in the know other than being a fan. From a loyalty stand point I agree how the interpretation can be "Pot and Kettle" .

I am just reading these issues as you all are having no prior knowledge.

However the Elementary situation is called "Trophy Chasing". Our Elementary Team has had the opportunity to have kids wrestle for us that are not in our room and

simply say no each time. The thought process is we lose with our guys and win with our guys! This would be different if we didn't have a full team of course. I have

heard our Coaches say we would love to have your son wrestle for us as long as you are enrolling in Perry Township and have every intention of being committed to

our program. It would be difficult for me to hear your son can't wrestle because the Kid from another area is better and we just wan't to win.

That is why it I am happy to be apart of the program!

It does seem funny how your roster could be full but you say you need two more. I am happy to be apart of the program I am.

It would suck to be a wrestler who makes the T-Shirt but doesn't make the roster.

Or maybe the roster is full, and I was just trying to get a reaction like this. Now... that would be funny!!! Or... maybe we have a kid or two out. Maybe one kid could fill either spot, and I just need one. What if they all make the T-shirt? Will you apologize? You really never know! I will shoot you straight if you call me (if you are really that concerned). Like a wise poster once said... "stir them turds".  The best question of all..... Will we ever know your true identity??!!  And yes... Perry has used wildcards in the past... we all have. Good luck to all this weekend.

Brewer

317-201-0644

Edited by Mattyb

I like the idea of the wildcard. We are a small school club that has participated the last few years in this event. We just do not have kids at some of these weights. I have used the wildcards each year. As Clan Campbell stated, it allows another kid an opportunity to compete. I follow these kids afterwards and enjoy the successes they achieve. It is because they work hard and put forth the time and effort. It is an awesome team event that our kids enjoy. We only use them for the weights we can not fill. I believe that is the spirit of the rule. I have no problem with how anyone else uses their wildcards. That is none of my business or concern. We are glad to have the opportunity to compete at a state level event as a team with our kids who may not otherwise choose to compete at an individual state event. 

Tony Currie

Edited by jetwrestling

I will apologize if there was only "stirring of turds" and no truth to the statement. FYI I am a Licensed Plumber so I know more about turds than most

people do! As to my identity I am Dave Wyatt and I will be the guy watching Perry when their Elementary team is wrestling. I am not hiding

my true Identity just simply more proud of being their father hence the user name. What exactly was your phone number for so I could let you know

how concerned I am about the traffic on 36 or something else? 

I will apologize if there was only "stirring of turds" and no truth to the statement. FYI I am a Licensed Plumber so I know more about turds than most

people do! As to my identity I am Dave Wyatt and I will be the guy watching Perry when their Elementary team is wrestling. I am not hiding

my true Identity just simply more proud of being their father hence the user name. What exactly was your phone number for so I could let you know

how concerned I am about the traffic on 36 or something else? 

Dang... sorry friend.... that does sound like a crappy job! No really... if you feel so strongly, as to get on the board and speculate on what is going on with our club, I figured that you would appreciate some clarification. If you really are that stressed out about traffic..... I guess I will be your Dr. Phil (see I'm a giver). That's why I have spent countless hours and over a decade helping kids. If I cant help you, My favorite Uncle to the north may be able to set you straight. Again, feel free to call if you need anything. I'm sure that we can share a donut or something this weekend. Take care.

Edited by Mattyb

Ahhhhh..... good ol' trophy chasing topic. Gotta love this topic cause it shows up on here more than Leave It To Beaver reruns on Late night TV this time of year, it never goes away like the other topics. Somebody always brings it back to life like Frankenstein.

This will be my 1st year not going in along time.

Good Luck to them little grinders across the State .

Good Luck AWC #TheCounty

If you get a chance check out the back of our Club shirts .

Always reppin !

• 2 weeks later...

There is a big difference from seeking out elementary kids to come help you when a team title and a blue chipper wanting to come be a part of a great wrestling program. I have said this before, & now I'm saying it again. There isn't a high school coach in the world that would tell an 8th grade Mason Parris or Brayton Lee, hey we appreciate you wanting to come to school here and wrestle for us, but we already have a few kids at your weight so we can't use you...you guys are comparing apples to oranges again...as far as recent posts in mid season champs, you are all missing the main factor. Littell came to the PM coaches wanting to go to school & wrestle for them. Not the other way around, you can read that for yourselves in every one of the Littell father's post. No body from PM goes out trying to get other area kids, those kids come to them cause they want to be a part of a winning tradition, that most of the time their home school/program doesn't have. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it don't. For Littell it was just one of the times it didn't work out...So be it...

• 11 months later...
15 hours ago, lewdwar said:

Every year I bring this up. Let’s see what schools need to bring in extra kids to win. 

every year you bring it up and every year the teams all comply with the guidelines set forth by the ISWA......even Perry so thanks.  good luck to all teams

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TripleB said:

Man I missed it this year! 

You did not bring a team and thus you don't get to add comments in this thread any longer. 

Next yr if you can bring a team you can then resume adding comments to this thread. 

Just like you will never make the HOF due to Y2 putting you on a "Time out" you can not comment on the "trophy chasing" thread for 1 yr.

5 minutes ago, TripleB said:

I can't compete w/ what schools give kids to be their wildcards, correct. I don't have a blank check book like other schools. 

Dang! I helped a few kids get on some teams as wildcards and didn't get anything for it.  I'm going to have to hold out for some sliders next time or something.  At least some gas station sushi. :lol:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.