Thoughts about state tournament

17 hours ago, tangarrray said:

Surprised at how poorly attended the tournament is. It seems half empty. 

I'm sure that the location had something to do with it, but I'm pretty confident that the ticketmaster fiasco was the biggest factor.

How is it that a company that only handles ticket sales, can't properly handle an event of 11,000?

Completely inexcusable!

One more reason to be impressed with your son! Hard to find a sport better than wrestling that prepares young people for the adversity and challenges that life inevitably greets us with from time to time. 
Sorry for your loss.

For the Bohn family..

didnt quote

Edited by Beamaker

3 hours ago, SIACfan said:

I'm sure that the location had something to do with it, but I'm pretty confident that the ticketmaster fiasco was the biggest factor.

How is it that a company that only handles ticket sales, can't properly handle an event of 11,000?

Completely inexcusable!

Completely agree and  I really believe the IHSAA could care less about providing anything more than crowning a state champ. 

Unfortunately,  for some reason the IHSAA is continuing to seperate the 1st roind into two sessions.  Do we really need four mats, if they do this?  Lets go three as this  would give us more time to focus on our top wrestlers and give them show time.  Without wresrle backs, we have the most abbreviated tournament in the country.  

11 minutes ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

Unfortunately,  for some reason the IHSAA is continuing to seperate the 1st roind into two sessions.  Do we really need four mats, if they do this?  Lets go three as this  would give us more time to focus on our top wrestlers and give them show time.  Without wresrle backs, we have the most abbreviated tournament in the country.  

Two sessions Friday is unnecessary 

First, congratulations to all wrestlers. Win or lose the amount of commitment it takes to get this far is unbelievable!

We watched from our living room mainly because of the distance. The TV transmission was good except I got locked out of the consolations. It came back on for the finals and all went well. 

I would guess the lack of attendance was the "ticket issue" and the logistics of travel. I would like to sit in on the tournament follow up meeting to here that discussion.

This sport provides so much for so many. I'm 68 and feel like I was in most of those matches yesterday. So many talented wrestlers in Indiana!

8 hours ago, SIACfan said:

Completely inexcusable!

The ticketing issue was a Ticketmaster thing. Not sure if there were some settings that weren't properly selected or what. From what I was told when you selected an All-Session ticket it was giving you different seats for every session. Thus when someone went to select seats for a specific session they were also selecting those seats that were being given to the All-Session ones. Basically that created havoc and crashed the site. That is why people's seats were being adjusted when they got their tickets. This definitely was NOT an IHSAA thing, unless you want to whine about assigned seats.

4 hours ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

Yes we need 4 mats.

The break for the first round is nice to be able to get up and grab something to eat and mingle without missing any wrestling. It is also good for the kids as they are forced to make weight basically on a one hour window and those that are pulling hard need to do it right. Previously if you were 150+ you had 3+ hours to recover and now you basically have an hour. I am a big fan of the break.

1 hour ago, Y2CJ41 said:

The ticketing issue was a Ticketmaster thing. Not sure if there were some settings that weren't properly selected or what. From what I was told when you selected an All-Session ticket it was giving you different seats for every session. Thus when someone went to select seats for a specific session they were also selecting those seats that were being given to the All-Session ones. Basically that created havoc and crashed the site. That is why people's seats were being adjusted when they got their tickets. This definitely was NOT an IHSAA thing, unless you want to whine about assigned seats.

Easy fix, all tickets need to be all sessions. 

3 hours ago, awill0352 said:

This is exactly right.   Anything left over on Saturday can be sold for half price.  

Make all ticket single session tickets and not all sessions.  Otherwise Saturday is going to be nearly 30% empty when all the Friday kids who lose (and their family/friends/fans) buy an all sessions ticket and then don’t come back on Saturday.  We want the fieldhouse to be as full as possible. 

Have an allotment pool of tickets per school that they can sell to families, staff and students. Easy fix for assigned seating.  They can sell their allotment through their athletic department until Tuesday and return the unsold by Tuesday night or Wednesday morning to the general ticket body to be sold openly.  Avoids the need for seat saving.

On 2/17/2024 at 4:29 PM, Cameron10483 said:

Dude, this is the emptiest I’ve ever seen a place. No way should it ever be here again. 

Absolutely!!  I've never seen the state finals so empty, less than half the seats were filled at the beginning of the finals.