You should have been there

AC Computer

I'm not sure what the actual attendance was, but there had to be 2500 fans or more at the Bellmont - Adams Central Dual last night. They delayed the start of the JV matches by half an hour because of the long line of fans waiting to get in. It was a great atmosphere and the fans weren't disappointed. The teams split the matches 7-7 and Bellmont won on bonus points 38-32.  Thanks to Nat Bryan for taking this picture of the crowd.

AC_Bellmont.jpg

Proud of the Bagubas and their showing. Hats off to Bellmont as they were outstanding as well. The Jay County Sectional & Regional as well as the FW Semi State should be a lot of fun. Hopefully all 3 Adams County schools show out at the team state duals. Adams County is the #1 County (our license plates say so 🤣)! Let's just make it official, the wrestling capital of Indiana!

It was labeled as "Return of The Crowd" last night and it did not disappoint. It was great for the kids to see what crowds were line back in the day. It was also a great night as Bellmont honored all their past State Champions.   

Official Attendance: 1168

If you missed the broadcast last night: 

Our recap of the match can be found here: 

https://wzbd.com/index.php/2023/12/22/faurotes-pin-pushes-bellmont-past-jets-in-thriller/

And we also have a gallery from the ceremony honoring all of Bellmont's state champs here: 

https://wzbd.com/index.php/2023/12/22/bellmonts-champions-honored-in-ceremony/

Edited by decbell1

It was an exciting evening and yes I remember the night of 3200 fans. While there hasn’t been as many wins for AC, each one was incredibly significant. Terrific idea for Coach Myers to recognize all the past State Champs. It occurred to me that of all those champs present except for Phil Lengerich, I coached against them at either AC or New Haven. I feel fortunate to have lived so long. Jim Hopkins from the Decatur Daily Democrat dubbed this contest as , “The Big Event.” The tradition continues.

1 hour ago, Coach Humble said:

It was an exciting evening and yes I remember the night of 3200 fans. While there hasn’t been as many wins for AC, each one was incredibly significant. Terrific idea for Coach Myers to recognize all the past State Champs. It occurred to me that of all those champs present except for Phil Lengerich, I coached against them at either AC or New Haven. I feel fortunate to have lived so long. Jim Hopkins from the Decatur Daily Democrat dubbed this contest as , “The Big Event.” The tradition continues.

Either they were bad at counting back then, or they are bad at counting now, or people were 1/3 as skinny back then...otherwise, I don't see how you fit 2000 more people in that gym.