Can someone stir the pot?

19 hours ago, Gasman said:

This may not be stirring anything but what’s going with Harden from

Cathedral. Potential 3x champ but haven’t heard anything about him this year. 

Sources from jv match peanut gallery last weekend:

Hearing Harden light knee injury. Will be back shortly.

Thrine and the 144 from new castle found themselves into a bit of a pickle… they’ll be back after the holidays…. Supposedly

at least no injury… according to sources 

3 minutes ago, Johnpsulions said:

Thrine and the 144 from new castle found themselves into a bit of a pickle… they’ll be back after the holidays…. Supposedly

Your sources aren't telling you the truth.

29 minutes ago, Johnpsulions said:

That's not stirring the pot: That's starting bs rumors and looking like a cake.

38 minutes ago, Johnpsulions said:

Wow, this is some rock solid info here 🤣😂🤣😂

DaRat here,

Sorry a bout da missing in action. I locked myself out of my old account. I truly miss my my wraslin family. I promise I will create some havoc on da board. Yes it is truly boring. 

Speaking of dat - some fine wraslin in dog town this weekend. Will be Nice to see da Macort team - Bo Basset Hound and crew. 

Maybe Y2 you can hook me up on my old account ? It really stinks to be at post #1. 

I need to get my bearings strait. I retired years ago but da won't leave me alone. Hard to believe some one who graduated with a 1.5 gpa is keeping da mill operating. About ready to tell them no more - but what is worse spending time with the Mrs Rat. 

1 hour ago, Regionrat1 said:

I want to tank whomever is da magic man who freed dat rat. Kinda felt like I was in Cook County being locked up not posting. I will make sure I promote my favorite part of da state. 

tanks again ,

I did miss a few of you 

1 hour ago, Regionrat1 said:

DaRat here,

Sorry a bout da missing in action. I locked myself out of my old account. I truly miss my my wraslin family. I promise I will create some havoc on da board. Yes it is truly boring. 

Speaking of dat - some fine wraslin in dog town this weekend. Will be Nice to see da Macort team - Bo Basset Hound and crew. 

Maybe Y2 you can hook me up on my old account ? It really stinks to be at post #1. 

I need to get my bearings strait. I retired years ago but da won't leave me alone. Hard to believe some one who graduated with a 1.5 gpa is keeping da mill operating. About ready to tell them no more - but what is worse spending time with the Mrs Rat. 

image.jpeg.69dfdd4e8b9f55bff5722017614095d6.jpeg

1 hour ago, JC123 said:

It’s 100% true. I can name at least one or two every year. 

Yaaaaaawn, they did a pretty crappy job of recruiting me (and many others) I don't remember having a sit down with Coach about where I would attend high school. A few of my friends who were state champs never did either. I was never lavished with gifts, given special treatment in the classroom to make sure I passed, and Mom and Dad weren't given a discount for me or my teammates to attend MD.

20 hours ago, Johnpsulions said:

Harden wrestled last night for the Swamp and is again today at the City Championships. Your sources aren’t half bad.

1 hour ago, HawkinIndy said:

Harden wrestled last night for the Swamp and is again today at the City Championships. Your sources aren’t half bad.

I root for Mater Dei against any team outside of Southern Indiana  I’m not bashing them they are the kings of Southern Indiana and I don’t blame the kids for transferring there but every year they have one or two new guys from somewhere else keep it real.

1 hour ago, Ahawkeye said:

Yaaaaaawn, they did a pretty crappy job of recruiting me (and many others) I don't remember having a sit down with Coach about where I would attend high school. A few of my friends who were state champs never did either. I was never lavished with gifts, given special treatment in the classroom to make sure I passed, and Mom and Dad weren't given a discount for me or my teammates to attend MD.

I root for Mater Dei against any team outside of Southern Indiana  I’m not bashing them they are the kings of Southern Indiana and I don’t blame the kids for transferring there but every year they have one or two new guys from somewhere else keep it real.

Just now, JC123 said:

They have Vincennes Lincoln’s best wrestler from last year

In the past just few years a kid from Castle, West Vigo, Mt Carmel Illinois, Floyd Central just off top of my head I’ve been around Mater Dei since my cousin Joey Gerber went there and Chip Elderkin was a family friend

50 minutes ago, Ahawkeye said:

I've been a part of MD for just as long, no one is knocking on yhese kid's doors but they have had some move ins. But not every year.

Agree with you. If you build a great program and the school is safe and has great academics, why would people not move in or attend such a school. If you build a great program at a great school, kids are going to get there. I mean you see the wrestlers because we all pay attention to our sport. But how many non-athletes make the choice to do that same thing as these athletes do? I assure you that there are plenty. We just do not notice because they are not elite athletes. 

I know a kid VERY well that was going to a school where he saw fights on most days and made Cs. That same kid who happens to be a pretty good wrestler has never seen a fight at his new school and now has a 4.0. With this said, do we say that anything is wrong with the kid moving schools??? If so … why??? I would like so serious thoughtful responses to chew on. 

Great private schools like EMD and Cathedral are not cheap. Hats off to families that sacrifice to give their kids the best opportunities possible. 

Edited by Mattyb

On 12/13/2023 at 3:54 PM, M109R said:

Wonder if Penn will wrestle Snider Saturday at the Henry Wilk Classic?

Hornsby over Kendi Quoi Snider in OT. Henry Wilk called Quoi for 4 stalls and a slam as time expired for the winning take down. Biggest hose job ever and I don’t say that about anything. Secrets out Rank our 138. He is on the level.

5 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Hornsby over Kendi Quoi Snider in OT. Henry Wilk called Quoi for 4 stalls and a slam as time expired for the winning take down. Biggest hose job ever and I don’t say that about anything. Secrets out Rank our 138. He is on the level.

Calling out Henry Wilk's officiating at a tournament named after him qualifies as stirring the pot. 

8 minutes ago, Silence Dogood said:

Calling out Henry Wilk's officiating at a tournament named after him qualifies as stirring the pot. 

He was a mentor of mine. I hear ya. I’ve never said that about any ref.  I talked to him afterwards and was very polite. He said and I quote “Judgement Call”.  We are done speaking ever.