Toughest ticket round matches

1prouddad

In general I'd say the Castle Regional did not get favorable draws.  I'd put the over under of Mater Dei wrestlers to State at 4.5 (of 13 qualified for SS).

Lots of quality wrestlers, though not necessarily favorites to place at State, will run into a wall and not get the opportunity.  Happens that way sometimes, especially in a bear of a Semi-State such as Evansville.

2 hours ago, richyy253 said:

The ones that stick out to me in each weight at Evansville

Meier vs Ash at 106

Heaston vs Rioux at 113 is Brutal!! Two Top 8 kids IMO

Hagedorn vs Ash at 113 

Gilbert vs Bickel (first round) 120

Stephens vs Krueger 126 

Hammock vs Ison 132 is Brutal!! Two Top 8 kids IMO

Reynolds vs Glenn 138

Turner vs Day 145

Roudebush vs Stits 152

Prechtel vs Hutchison 160 

Tinoco vs Terry 170

Alexander and Fox 182

Somehow Henry Avoids the Death Draw at 195

Rose vs Martin 220

McMahon vs Schott 285

Really surprised with the Lack of Death draws this year also seems Evansville has 6-7 top 8 kids going at it in the Ticket round. 

I was anxious to see the 195 draw with the potential #1 v #2 ticket round matchup.  195 will be very interesting with potential semi final matchups of #2 Henry v #3 Shroeder and #1 Purdy v #7 McConnell (who just beat Henry)

17 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

In general I'd say the Castle Regional did not get favorable draws.  I'd put the over under of Mater Dei wrestlers to State at 4.5 (of 13 qualified for SS).

Lots of quality wrestlers, though not necessarily favorites to place at State, will run into a wall and not get the opportunity.  Happens that way sometimes, especially in a bear of a Semi-State such as Evansville.

Can't ever count MD out of anything but man, that's ugly. 

24 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

I can see that. 

Give me Schaeffer, Seng, May and Vanover(in a tough rematch) 

1 hour ago, RAJR said:

The missing part is some form of wrestlebacks. Tournament starts out seeded and then is performance based, nothing wrong with that IMO.

It’s been made clear by the IHSAA that the purpose of the tournament is to crown a champion. This system does that.

TBH, I’m surprised they even bother with 3rd-8th place matches at state.