Dark horses

1prouddad

11 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

We all hear of the top ranked fellas. Who are some lesser named fellas we should keep an eye on heading into SS? 

I'll start with Jett Goldsberry of Heritage Hills. Ranked 23rd and just a freshman at 170#  

I agree. That Goldsberry kid looked impressive today. 

don’t sleep on the Vanover brothers from MD!! 

#BringBackTheTights

11 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

We all hear of the top ranked fellas. Who are some lesser named fellas we should keep an eye on heading into SS? 

I'll start with Jett Goldsberry of Heritage Hills. Ranked 23rd and just a freshman at 170#  

I agree. That Goldsberry kid looked impressive today. 

don’t sleep on the Vanover brothers from MD!! 

#BringBackTheTights

On 2/4/2023 at 5:24 PM, 1prouddad said:

Lesser known,  ill go Unknown.

Glen "deuce" Baldwin @ 126lb from Peru  with a 21-15 record 

He's my Dark horse and I'll ride him till he's eliminated again. Yes I said again.

Finished 5th at Sectionals and was an alternate at Regional  won his match over #6 Bumgardner (western) by pin.

The odds are stacked against him in every way but he fights, he won't win a title but he's going to try to stop who ever is in front of him from moving on.

Edited by GBaldwin
Typos

Dark horse out side the top 10 to make a run at a title. 

132 Griffen Van titchel crown point is coming on strong with big wins over Hayden Demarco the last coming by fall 

152 Bryce Denton Penn moving up 2 weights overcoming injury. With Rinehart out Denton put himself in position to possibly win a semi state

unranked 

Baylor Milan is on fire! He has put himself in a great position to qualify 

Tyson Ruhe at 220 from Jasper. 6 out of his 5 losses only came to Eli Henshaw 2x  and only ranked guys in 220lbs division. Other loss was to Preston Hahn of West Vigo. Missed all of his freshmen season. first full year as a Sophmore at 27-6

Edited by alee1022

4 minutes ago, alee1022 said:

Tyson Ruhe at 220 from Jasper. 6 out of his 5 losses only came to Eli Henshaw 2x  and only ranked guys in 220lbs division. Other loss was to Preston Hahn of West Vigo. Missed all of his freshmen season. first full year as a Sophmore at 27-6

6 out of his 5 losses?

9 hours ago, alee1022 said:

Are you saying that he lost to Henshaw 5 times, and Hahn the other time?