2024 Finals Location

awill0352

6 hours ago, aoberlin said:

I will not disagree. I like Ziffle’s ribs but I’m not sure you can actually call them BBQ. There is no smoke or charcoal that they are made with but I like them.  As far as actually good BBQ the only place I really really enjoyed was Blue Stack Smokehouse before they closed. Particularly their brisket, they cooked it like I do mine. I cook some decent BBQ and enjoy it. Currently I have 4 pork butts on the smoker for the Howe camp tomorrow.

I'm fairly certain I'm getting some award winning bbq today, but not going to reveal where it is.

On 4/20/2023 at 7:04 AM, brickfor6 said:

I am a huge fan of Edwardos, house of pizza, and Gelsosomos. Best pizza is over the border in Chi. I am burnt out on this one but if you never had it you have to try JJs pizza shack: stuffed crust pizza.

Here is why your argument is dumb.  There are lots of types of great pizza and all can be enjoyed.  Hell, I could eat pizza every day, I'd just vary where I get it and what type.  So, if you are in the mood for something different, then Turoni's on Main Street will not disappoint unless you go in thinking you are getting Edwardo's Stuffed.  Turoni's is much closer to Tavern Style.  Life can be excellent when you can enjoy several types of pizza.  Live a little!

That said, I won't argue with your Chicago assessment, but I have never had Edwardo's directly.  Have had several others (Lou M., Due, Uno, Giordano's, Geno's East (my least favorite), and another one or 2 I can't remember). But all the way down here in Hoover Alabama, there is a small pizza place called Tortugas.  The owner's met working at an Edwardo's and the pizza is very similar I'm told.  It is the only place outside of Chicago that I have had true Chicago style pizza.  Others are all imitators!  

Turonis.jpg

Edited by SWINfan

On 4/19/2023 at 9:25 AM, IU89 said:

Grippos BBQ Chips

Either I'm getting weaker or they have gotten stronger/hotter.  The last few times I have had them, they've been almost too much to handle.  And we used to go to the distributor and get boxes of X-tra Hot (not sold in stores).  

If you get Grippos, get them in a foil bag for sure.  

Edited by SWINfan

On 4/6/2023 at 12:46 PM, brickfor6 said:

Saw pizza mentioned and was intrigued. Never had this Pizza king that everyone speaks of...if we are choosing an IHSAA state location based upon who has the best pizza, Da Region is a no brainer. 

Right? @regionrat1 @ontherise219

Here you go.  It's more of a takeout place.  Damn tasty sandwich.  As someone else said, do not go to Pizza King for the pizza.  

PK Strom.jpg

7 hours ago, SWINfan said:

Either I'm getting weaker or they have gotten stronger/hotter.  The last few times I have had them, they've been almost too much to handle.  And we used to go to the distributor and get boxes of X-tra Hot (not sold in stores).  

If you get Grippos, get them in a foil bag for sure.  

There is now Grippo flavored beef jerky and bottled dry rub for grilling out. As for the dry rub, it’s basically a bottle full of the dust you get at the bottom of a box of Grippos. So, I say just buy the box and use that instead. You get the dry rub and then, bonus, you just ate a box of Grippos!  

29 minutes ago, Lawdiggity said:

There is now Grippo flavored beef jerky and bottled dry rub for grilling out. As for the dry rub, it’s basically a bottle full of the dust you get at the bottom of a box of Grippos. So, I say just buy the box and use that instead. You get the dry rub and then, bonus, you just ate a box of Grippos!  

I've bought it.  Tried it as a burger seasoning.  Didn't translate as I'd hope. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, MOTOWNCOACH said:

The NBA all star host committee just announced that the Saturday events of all star weekend will be held at Lucas oil stadium, is there any chance the IHSAA moves the finals back to gainbridge fieldhouse?

Heres a link to the article. 

https://on.nba.com/3PrOwpl

I think the general consensus is that even if there was a place to hold it at in Indy that weekend the places to stay would be way too expensive. I would also think that places to eat or do anything would also be overrun. 

On 4/27/2023 at 4:31 PM, SWINfan said:

Here you go.  It's more of a takeout place.  Damn tasty sandwich.  As someone else said, do not go to Pizza King for the pizza.  

PK Strom.jpg

Pizza is terrible and these stroms are not far behind. Not a big fan