Carmel and Center Grove voted out of the MIC!

navy80

On 12/23/2021 at 4:10 PM, tyquhp13 said:

I think the Conference you compete, the teams you will see more than others has a direct reflect on the individual as well as the teams growth.

in my opinion that is like saying " Why get into the big 10, Conferences don't matter for improvement".

Cathedral doesn't have a conference, they seem to do quite fine.

Carroll and Homestead up here are only in the SAC for football and boys/girls basketball.

Having a conference is not needed at all. I enjoy not being bound to scheduling half my points to conference teams or events. We have a lot of freedom within our schedule to go where and when we want. 

Conferences are great for rivalries and opponents that are of similar in terms of size and location. However, they are not essential. Carmel and Center Grove would be fine without a conference if they choose to not have one.

On 1/5/2022 at 6:21 PM, Trinedad said:

I am more wondering who will the MIC invite in? There are no schools that compare to the two that just left. And what school wants to schedule WC and BD in football every year?

Why invite any? They can fill with ,out of conference ,games. 

1 hour ago, Disco said:

Why invite any? They can fill with ,out of conference ,games. 

Except 6 teams makes for a pretty small conference for most sports.  Of the over 40 Conferences in Indiana I’d venture to guess maybe a handful at the most have 6 teams.  Even with football/basketball being king, I would think most schools want to be in one to have competition from other member schools in all sports.  It seems like six schools would limit that in many of the sports.  Conferences may not be the end all he all, but if you elect to be in one then you would hopefully expect the Conference committee to be striving to improve it in all sports the best they can.  

Edited by MattM

17 hours ago, MattM said:

Except 6 teams makes for a pretty small conference for most sports.  Of the over 40 Conferences in Indiana I’d venture to guess maybe a handful at the most have 6 teams.  Even with football/basketball being king, I would think most schools want to be in one to have competition from other member schools in all sports.  It seems like six schools would limit that in many of the sports.  Conferences may not be the end all he all, but if you elect to be in one then you would hopefully expect the Conference committee to be striving to improve it in all sports the best they can.  

You have a point. MIC is now lacking in several “county club sports “ that Carmel and Center Grove won every year.But you and I both know Warren, BD, Pike and the rest will never be proficient in those sports. And as a conference MIC have a good showing ,around the state,in most of the other sports. so I’m not sure MIC needs the so call improvement you are talking. 

#TheCountyTMZ is reporting……. breaking news GIF 

From a Inside Source

*Jan 13, 2022*

All HCC Principals are to vote, and from this Inside Source it’s not a guarantee they will voted in at this time . 3 HS Principals May veto, gotta have 6 to approve . 

………………………….. 

PLEASE NO FUTHER QUESTIONS AT THIS TIME 

5 minutes ago, Indysportsfan said:

They turned away Carmel and Center Grove.

If that’s true then they likely will end up going independent next year.   Then after that they can decided if they want to stay indy or possibly start recruiting schools to form a new conference.  Unless they wanted to try and convince the MIC or some other conference to take them as a partial member to compete in most of the sports.

1 minute ago, MattM said:

If that’s true then they likely will end up going independent next year.   Then after that they can decided if they want to stay indy or possibly start recruiting schools to form a new conference.  Unless they wanted to try and convince the MIC or some other conference to take them as a partial member to compete in most of the sports.

Both schools have released a statement saying they will keep options open and go independent.  Hopefully for football they will play a similar schedule to Cathedral.

26 minutes ago, Indysportsfan said:

Both schools have released a statement saying they will keep options open and go independent.  Hopefully for football they will play a similar schedule to Cathedral.

I could see a conference consider taking them if their football program remained independent.  But then again, at least in Carmels case, they have a couple other pretty dominate sports which almost every conference would have to concede a title to for a long awhile.  

1 hour ago, TeamGarcia said:

From my inside source it’s all bout the $, Power. 

You forgot Respect.   I used to hear a wise group of poets called The Lox tell me that those were the keys to life. 

9 hours ago, Disco said:

Well my arm is getting sore. A long time ago I told you ,Carmel and center grove would not be taken in to the HHC. 

angry beavers nicksplat GIF 
When you say “I told you” you must be talking  to them cause I see nothing you said this . Could be wrong here #amirite 😂

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.