UWW Junior National Open - Indiana Entries

MattM

Those registered with Indiana with connection, so far. (Registration ends tomorrow)

Freestlye

Men 60 KG / 132.35 lbs. Ben Thornton (College)

Men 60 KG / 132.25 lbs Nick Lee (11th)

Men 66 KG / 145.5 lbs Joe Lee (10th)

Men 66 KG / 145.5 lbs Kyle Todrank (College)

Men 74 KG / 163 lbs Dylan Lydy (College)

Men 84 KG / 185 lbs Blake Reid (College)

Edited by MattM

I think Micic is in there at 60kg.

Yes, he is. He was listed under Michigan as his state entry. I just did the quick state of Indiana search, so a few people that list a different state as their "home state" may have been missed. Edited by MattM

I am actually surprised that Chad Red didn't enter this year.  I never thought about it before now, but with the Nebraska signing largely due to being able to be around Burroughs and James Green and coach Manning -- has Chad had any prior experience with international wrestling?  Maybe at the cadet level?

I am actually surprised that Chad Red didn't enter this year.  I never thought about it before now, but with the Nebraska signing largely due to being able to be around Burroughs and James Green and coach Manning -- has Chad had any prior experience with international wrestling?  Maybe at the cadet level?

He went to Fargo both years as a cadet, placing 4th in Greco his first year and winning freestyle his second year.

All that information is in his profile

http://indianamat.com/index.php/page/wrestler_detail.html/_/active/chad-red-r1

It would have been interesting to see how he would have done. Fargo and UWW cadets and Juniors are a whole different animal.

60KG is loaded!  Just a few very dangerous names I saw....

Nick Lee

Stevan Micic

Yianni Diakomihalis

Drake Foster

Kaden Gfeller

Taylor Lamont

Mitchell McKee

Lincoln Olson

Scott Parker

Eli Stickley

Others in college I didn't find a lot of background on...

Michael Volyanyuk - Michigan

Josh Terao - American U

Jose Rodrigues - Ohio St

Jens Lantz - Wisconsin

Isaac Jimenez - Air Force

Seth Gross - Iowa

Noah Ajram - Princeton

Michael Cullen - Wisconsin

Jaydin Eierman - Missouri

Ben Thornton - Purdue

Is this happening now, and where can I get updated results?  Sorry I am not gettting anywhere doing my own search and thought this would be easier.

Well right now is just the Western Regional which is occurring at the same location.  Later this afternoon will be the first round of UWW Junior Freestyle Open with the rest of hte competition Saturday.    You can see the results on trackwrestling or watch it live through FloWrestlings if you have FloPro.

Edited by MattM

Those registered with Indiana with connection, so far. (Registration ends tomorrow)

Freestlye

Men 60 KG / 132.35 lbs. Ben Thornton (College)

Men 60 KG / 132.25 lbs Nick Lee (11th)

Men 66 KG / 145.5 lbs Joe Lee (10th)

Men 66 KG / 145.5 lbs Kyle Todrank (College)

Men 74 KG / 163 lbs Dylan Lydy (College)

Men 84 KG / 185 lbs Blake Reid (College)

Thornton still alive at 60KG in the consolation bracket.  Lost to Kaden Gfeller, then wins by fall over Marcus Abreu and Lincoln Olson.

Nick Lee to face Mitchell McKee in the Quarterfinals after TFs over Big Ten wrestlers Brian Peska (Nebraska) and Michael Cullen (Wisconsin).  Yianni D fell in the 2nd round to Jayden Eierman of Missouri.  Lee would have met Yianni in the semis if he beats McKee.

Joe Lee loses in the first round by fall to Benjamin Brancale.  Lee has bounced back and won 3 in the consolation round and faces college soph Mark Voss next.

Zack Davis bounces back from a 1st round loss w/ 2 wins and is still alive.

Kyle Todrank was two and barbecue

Dylan Lydy mirrors Zack Davis with 2 bounce back wins after a 1st round loss.

Blake Reid's 1st round win earns him a TF loss at the hands of Zahid Valencia.  One consolation win keeps him alive/

Bobby Stevenson with 2 TF wins to the quarters.  Could see Valencia in the semis.

Edited by SWINfan

brackets are out on track, and I dont see Micic

Micic ended up withdrawing prior to weigh-ins. I'm guessing his world bronze medal from last year will give him entry into the Junior World Trials tournament.

McKee got the takedown right away. He then turned Nick with three gut wrenches to take a 8-0 lead. On the restart Nick hits a nice throw for four points and almost had the pin. McKee gets off his back. On the restart McKee gets a couple of  takedowns and a turn to win 14-4. I think that is how it went down. 

Former Indiana wrestler Bobby Steveson lost in semi-Finals 4-0 to Zahid Valencia.

Nick Lee secures a top 8 placement with his last win.

Joe Lee injury defaults out a match before the placement round.

Lydy and Davis both battle back in the consols ans will also finish in top 8.

Edited by MattM

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.