here we go again......

charger.dad

Wednesday is what a lot of places around here have reschedule their conference for. However it will be -11 on that day so many schools won't be in session. If we go Thursday you start affecting sectional even more.

and that -11 is without windchill, schools will be closed and conference tourneys will be postponed yet again. they cant change the state series. what happens is they cant get conference tourney in during the week? will they just not have them altogether have them after state or have them during the state series thru the week (which i can see being dangerous)

Do you have to have school to have the tournament? If not i dont get why the temp makes much of a difference.  The parents bring the kids to school and the get on a warm bus, then wrestle in a warm gym. this is wrestling not football. Maybe i'm missing something .

Wednesday is what a lot of places around here have reschedule their conference for. However it will be -11 on that day so many schools won't be in session. If we go Thursday you start affecting sectional even more.

If conference doesn't happen by Wednesday, I'm pretty sure it just won't happen at all.

i just heard that the NSC was cancelled and will not be held at all.....that's a shame for all the kids really......wednesday is supposed to be cleared up and not bitter cold so why not just run it all in one night on wednesday and have sectional seeding on thursday night?......start it as early as possible, have the kids all weigh in at there own school that day by the coach (honor system???), give them all at least a pound allowance, get it started and just keep it moving till it's done......if you could get started by about 5 i would think you could finish it by 10 if everything keeps moving.....

Back in the 70's we had conference after the sectionals on Tuesday. No wrestle backs just straight bracket.

Win in semi 1-2, lose semi 3-4, win in loser bracket 5-6, lose in loser 7-8. Had plenty of time. Esp if site has 4 mats.

IHSAA has stated in an email that once Sectionals start, you may not wrestle these anymore. Limits you to now or never. Tough situation. You don't want to jeopardize Sectional prep and you hate to have kids lose the opportunity to compete for conference titles. One other concern is for kids who have not practiced and where their weight will be when you have their conference meet.

Is it possible to run them after the state series. I know to a lot of kids the conference tournament is kind of a big deal. If they do cancel it how will they do the all conference wrestlers, will they just give it to the 1 and 2 seeds.

A coaches vote for an All-Conference individual team (maybe 1st team, 2nd team, even Honerable Mention if a wrestler received enough votes) could be the best some conferences can do in this situation.  Plus, if there was enough head to head duals for comparison a possibly a Conference Team Champion can be decided. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.