NPSmith

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sargeant Ding Dong was pretty clever. I'm not going to lie. We aren't PR guys, just two coaches that have watched the competition like everyone else, and we just like to voice our opinions on a public forum. Black will be talked about for the next three and a half years. Just think about how much more publicity or(recruiting) Black could get if the nicknames stuck. It could be a great way to sell your wrestlers on a social network site. ;-)

I think most coaches can voice their opinion once and leave alone, or send OTR a private message.  I think the flak you are getting for being PR guy(s) is the redundant posts.  Everyone gets that Black is good, better than good. Let his wrestling speak for itself and if needed to further validate your posts, come back here later and tell everyone you told us so and just call them like you see them.

I think most coaches can voice their opinion once and leave alone, or send OTR a private message.  I think the flak you are getting for being PR guy(s) is the redundant posts.  Everyone gets that Black is good, better than good. Let his wrestling speak for itself and if needed to further validate your posts, come back here later and tell everyone you told us so and just call them like you see them.

I'm just spreadin the good word. ;-) his wrestling speaks for itself. He's good not the best, but he's worth the conversation I promise. With his name not being mentioned I couldn't just stand by. The kids a beast and he gets better every day. He will be a top eight wrestler at the end of the season I promise you.

I'm just spreadin the good word. ;-) his wrestling speaks for itself. He's good not the best, but he's worth the conversation I promise. With his name not being mentioned I couldn't just stand by. The kids a beast and he gets better every day. He will be a top eight wrestler at the end of the season I promise you.

Top 8 at sectional or regional?  You surely don't mean Top 8, as in on the podium at Banker's Life do you?  Do you have any idea how tough that weight class is?  Come on man, enough of the hype. 

Hyping the kid up is not good. But flat out saying he can't is terrible. Brendan is a great kid who I'm sure works his tail off & has just as much of a chance to get on that podium. Let's remember the kids read this crap too. Brendan, yes you can!

I'm not saying the kid can't do it, but to get on here and guarantee that he will be top 8 is crazy.  I wish the kid the best and hope he stays healthy, wrestles his butt off and does the best he can.  Again, I'm not saying he can't.  Everybody has a shot, some a better shot than others.  Yes, kids can and do read this.  Somebody should remember that when they are planting a target on a kids back.  Just let him wrestle and prove to everyone how good he is.  We don't have to hear it from someone else.

We like having the target! Being the underdog is great too! But just watch, he will be on the podium at sectionals, regionals, and semi state. What he does at state is up to him. I am just going out on a limb and saying that my prediction is that he places top 8 as a freshman.  He tore it up all summer in Ohio, Illinois, and Iowa. He beat a lot of great ranked wrestlers. He is earning his spot with dedication and hard work. With his name being spread around like this also puts I little bit of doubt in a few of these other wrestlers heads. Grant it the great wrestlers are never worried about what is said, but here are a lot of wrestlers and coach's out here that by into the hype. This kids no bust. He's all day!

I agree kinda.  His name being spread around isn't by people seeing him but his coaches. Which I'm not sure I've seen any coach promote their kid on this board like this ever. So I'm not sure it's creating doubt much like Nick Lees post where everyone is saying he is the real deal except mater deis staff. Which tourney did he tear up? I'm just asking not being negative his trackwreastling profiles has him winning ihswca preseason and 2nd. Middle school state but not placing very high in any other tourney. That being said I think he is the 3rd best 120 at merrillville but he has wrestled tight with lukzaka Benton central plus he has that 1/3 chance to draw sinko if he doesn't win regionals. Good luck to him and you man. He's on the radar for sure. Just a heads up he was ranked from the harvest classic until last week even after he took 2 losses at al smith And has been ranked top 3 in the semi state all year.

I agree kinda.  His name being spread around isn't by people seeing him but his coaches. Which I'm not sure I've seen any coach promote their kid on this board like this ever. So I'm not sure it's creating doubt much like Nick Lees post where everyone is saying he is the real deal except mater deis staff. Which tourney did he tear up? I'm just asking not being negative his trackwreastling profiles has him winning ihswca preseason and 2nd. Middle school state but not placing very high in any other tourney. That being said I think he is the 3rd best 120 at merrillville but he has wrestled tight with lukzaka Benton central plus he has that 1/3 chance to draw sinko if he doesn't win regionals. Good luck to him and you man. He's on the radar for sure. Just a heads up he was ranked from the harvest classic until last week even after he took 2 losses at al smith And has been ranked top 3 in the semi state all year.

he's going to bust brackets! I can't wait til the Burkhart invite! He could climb the ladder or stay where he's at. Only time will tell. You'll know if he did well next Saturday night after the invite! Lol I'm sure I will bring it up in topic lol

• 2 weeks later...

he's going to bust brackets! I can't wait til the Burkhart invite! He could climb the ladder or stay where he's at. Only time will tell. You'll know if he did well next Saturday night after the invite! Lol I'm sure I will bring it up in topic lol

Your drum-beating and wild claims will turn people against this kid, not because of him, but by you.  Consequently, if he fails, there will be many that will mercilously mock him/you.  If that happens I fully expect to see your self-righteous horror at posters "cutting down a kid"

You claim he will be on the sectional regional and semi state podiums, but that state is "up to him".  I can infer that your incredible coaching will carry him through the first three levels, but you are abandoning him at state?

You said in an earlier post "that his wrestling speaks for itself".  I could not agree more, because your comments reek of garlic and horseradish.  Until then, he is another freshman with a loud-mouth coach. 

You may opt to double down.  He wins a medal and you rub it in my face.  Guess what?  The only thing worse than a poor loser is a poor winner.  At that point, people will actively root against him.  He will be another sophomore, with a state medal, and a loudmouth coach.

I wish brendon well, and I hope that Danny Bell will put a sock in it.

Your drum-beating and wild claims will turn people against this kid, not because of him, but by you.  Consequently, if he fails, there will be many that will mercilously mock him/you.  If that happens I fully expect to see your self-righteous horror at posters "cutting down a kid"

You claim he will be on the sectional regional and semi state podiums, but that state is "up to him".  I can infer that your incredible coaching will carry him through the first three levels, but you are abandoning him at state?

You said in an earlier post "that his wrestling speaks for itself".  I could not agree more, because your comments reek of garlic and horseradish.  Until then, he is another freshman with a loud-mouth coach. 

You may opt to double down.  He wins a medal and you rub it in my face.  Guess what?  The only thing worse than a poor loser is a poor winner.  At that point, people will actively root against him.  He will be another sophomore, with a state medal, and a loudmouth coach.

That verbal beatdown should win you a medal.

Wahooooooooo

I'm pretty sure HOF coaches Balash and Rogers..along with Asst. Coach Ramos are wildly thrilled about all the talk about Brendan. Not the way we do things in Hobart....At least we never did before. I'm glad that we have such a passion for the young man and I certainly think Brendan is good enough to place but we haven't started Sectionals yet and so much can happen. I think some of the hype is certainly gamesmanship and having a little fun. Coach Bell is enthusiastic no doubt...He is his own man..I just reckon most Hobart folks are saving the cheer leading for the next few Saturdays. Good Luck Bricks....I guess I'm just old fashioned

Sidenote..Although I think some of the talk is a little over the top for me..I do know that Coach Bell loves his guys and above all stands up for them. He brings a lot of positive energy in the room and really pushes the kids to reach their goals..I think there is a motivating factor that may be missed in the banter..again not a style I'm used to in Hobart..but I look forward to my kids wrestling for Coach Bell and I think he does a good job..Cosgrove..he's been talking on here since he was 15 haha..you all know that. After my last post I thought I should make it known that I have total confidence and support these guys...but...SSSHHHHHHH!!! LOL

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.