Notable results for the next rankings update

ontherise219

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MCKJAC,

In the rankings section it shows Micic beat Davis 2-1 did this match happen? That seems like a pretty close match.  If it did happen was Micic hurt?

DSC_6426.jpg

courtesy of ontherise219:

"It was a real solid match. Some good scrammbles in the first micic got the takedown and had a deep leg Turk but rode Davis out in the first

After 1 2-0 micic

Second period micic choose down. Davis was nails on top leg riding micic at one point he had a deep half I thought he was going to turn him. But they stopped it. Which looked like the right call his shoulder was bent pretty nasty. But Davis rode him the entire second.

3rd

Davis choose down micic rode him for a minute or a little longer. So it was 2-1 there a was a good scrammble to a stalemate. It end with micic in on a shot and Davis trying to break his grip and spin behind.

It was a really good match which is good for both kids I'm sure the next match up will be just as good. Also hildebrant and Reitz was a real good match. The 106 pound weight class in the state and semi state are going to be real good matches"

MCKJAC,

In the rankings section it shows Micic beat Davis 2-1 did this match happen? That seems like a pretty close match.  If it did happen was Micic hurt?

Since you asked, no he wasn't hurt. Davis is a stud and the whirlwind travel and training in Europe up until the end of Nov. for Micic with his first folkstyle practice less than a week before the Harvest may have rusted up his mat wrestling some. He hadn't done any mat wrestling since last march. So my guess is he'll sharpen up some. His take down in less than 15 sec seemed pretty good. IMO he starts distancing himself from the field as the weeks go by and he freshens up his folkstyle wrestling. But JMO

Just wanted to post some notable results for the Edgewood boys at the Columbus East Invitational:

170 - Koontz (Edgewood), undefeated on the day, over Jimmy Fisher (Columbus East) 8-7 for championship (Koontz bumped up for this. He is still 160)

195 - Chambers (Edgewood), undefeated on the day, over Brian Salmon (Ft. Wayne Woodlan) 12-4 for championship (Chambers also bumped up. He is still 182)

138 - Dillon Deckard (Edgewood), undefeated on the day, over Logan Dyle (Columbus East) 3-2 in second overtime for championship (Deckard is a dark horse at semi state if you ask me.

That's it that I can think of. I'll let you know if I remember anything else.

Just wanted to post some notable results for the Edgewood boys at the Columbus East Invitational:

170 - Koontz (Edgewood), undefeated on the day, over Jimmy Fisher (Columbus East) 8-7 for championship (Koontz bumped up for this. He is still 160)

195 - Chambers (Edgewood), undefeated on the day, over Brian Salmon (Ft. Wayne Woodlan) 12-4 for championship (Chambers also bumped up. He is still 182)

Koontz and Chambers bump up a lot...it will pay off for them come semi state!

Chafin came out for the throw and got put to his back. Olsen re adjusted and chafin stood up and hit it again, that time olsen went to his back. Chafin took a big risk and it paid off,  I'd wait till the Al smith to see how they do to get any idea for the rankings, since that match showed nothing. Olsen doesn't try and change his hands and he comes away with the pin.

Chafin came out for the throw and got put to his back. Olsen re adjusted and chafin stood up and hit it again, that time olsen went to his back. Chafin took a big risk and it paid off,  I'd wait till the Al smith to see how they do to get any idea for the rankings, since that match showed nothing. Olsen doesn't try and change his hands and he comes away with the pin.

Chafin is comfortable in risky moves and can scramble. The match showed that.

I guess you have to risk it to get the biscuit, but I'm just saying I wouldn't look to much into that match, with the Al smith next week we will have a lot better understanding of the two.

Thats for sure. Olsen is pretty solid and if they face off again, it will probably be a closer match.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.