Top Contender at 106

INDIANAWRESTLER

Hildebrandt doesn't cut much weight and neither does Konrath. At least I think, from what they wrestle in the offseason. Now Egli wrestled 110 at Middle school state so there's that. Idk much about Cummings but I'd have to think Hildebrandt is gonna be working hard to beat him next time and prolly learned a lot from that loss. Ad IMO cutting weight does fatigue you and can affect how you wrestle. So I'm still going with Hildebrandt but Konrath will probs see him under the lights. And that my friends will be a ton of fun to watch xD

??? I'm not saying anyone is cutting or not for all I know Konrath cut ten pounds to make weight.  I doubt it but it's possible.  All I am say is, Konrath IMO has done the most impressive thing out of all of them.  The kid that was favored most highly by the ppl was Egli, and Konrath handled Egli.  While these kids up North are beating eachother by very little in tight matches.

??? I'm not saying anyone is cutting or not for all I know Konrath cut ten pounds to make weight.  I doubt it but it's possible.  All I am say is, Konrath IMO has done the most impressive thing out of all of them.  The kid that was favored most highly by the ppl was Egli, and Konrath handled Egli.  While these kids up North are beating eachother by very little in tight matches.

I know it's college but andrew howe is winning matches 3-2 and people have him as a heavy favorite anyways.  Also people picking Egli was all speculation since he hadn't wrestled a hs match when people started picking him. I even picked him preseason to win. Since then I changed my opinion to Hildebrandt and even with the close loss I'll pick him.  He did solid at the freakshow,  is a returning placer, and is looking solid, but why does it matter who others are picking, it's all a matter of opinion.

I do not care who picks who I'm just stating the reasons for why I am picking Konrath.  At the end of the day I feel like the kid gets underestimated because he is small for his age and I can relate to that.  Sometime I don't get my point across as verbally passive as I would like, for that I apologize.  I witnessed the Hildenbrand- Konrath match last year and I was just impressed with the kid and he just missed,by seconds , winning that match for the iswa title at a hundred pounds.  That was an eighth grader that was in my estimation 5-10 lbs under weight, and way smaller wrestling a freshman placer from last years highschool state.  And it just impressed me.  I'm just on the kid's bandwagon is all I'm trying to say.

I do not care who picks who I'm just stating the reasons for why I am picking Konrath.  At the end of the day I feel like the kid gets underestimated because he is small for his age and I can relate to that.  Sometime I don't get my point across as verbally passive as I would like, for that I apologize.  I witnessed the Hildenbrand- Konrath match last year and I was just impressed with the kid and he just missed,by seconds , winning that match for the iswa title at a hundred pounds.  That was an eighth grader that was in my estimation 5-10 lbs under weight, and way smaller wrestling a freshman placer from last years highschool state.  And it just impressed me.  I'm just on the kid's bandwagon is all I'm trying to say.

If you haven't seen him yet this year, then you're in for a treat. He can light the score up in a flash.

It is not very often that we get a small weight class (or any weight class in fact) be so stacked. the nice thing is most of these kids are freshmen and sophomores. so it is a ride that should last a while. At the end of the day we all have our predictions. But what is really going to be awesome is if these kids continue to get better these conversations hopefully won't end until 7 or 8 years from now. I just had  to give credit for to these kids. all of them have put in harder work for this sport then some of us do at our careers. keep being studs. 8)

It is not very often that we get a small weight class (or any weight class in fact) be so stacked. the nice thing is most of these kids are freshmen and sophomores. so it is a ride that should last a while. At the end of the day we all have our predictions. But what is really going to be awesome is if these kids continue to get better these conversations hopefully won't end until 7 or 8 years from now. I just had  to give credit for to these kids. all of them have put in harder work for this sport then some of us do at our careers. keep being studs. 8)

? It seems like every year we have this debate because they are mainly frosh and sophs. Take a look at the class of 2012. Their freshman year at 106 was IMO what turned out to be the most stacked in the history of wrestling.  They went on to win like 20 state titles in 15 different weight classes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.