Top Contender at 106

INDIANAWRESTLER

I think someone eveyone this year is overlooking so far is Josh Heckathorn, solid wrestler that has the ability to make the tournament and do well at 106 this year. He beat allmon last time they wrestled this summer, and lost 6 - 2 to the champ of the hoosier preseason open.

I think someone eveyone this year is overlooking so far is Josh Heckathorn, solid wrestler that has the ability to make the tournament and do well at 106 this year. He beat allmon last time they wrestled this summer, and lost 6 - 2 to the champ of the hoosier preseason open.

He was also pinned that day by jack tolin of Chesterton who's currently #7 in at the mville ss. If they both make 106 I'm going with Egli and Reitz.

He was also pinned that day by jack tolin of Chesterton who's currently #7 in at the mville ss. If they both make 106 I'm going with Egli and Reitz.

Incorrect, at the Hoosier preseason open, which i intended, and watched this match, he lost by 2 to Tolin, Track wrestling called it a pin however, if they wrestled periods of 2 2 2, i think the match would have been different.

I'd have to go with Egli but Hildebrandt is much bigger and stronger than he was last year. Since he was like 100 lbs las year but Konrath could beat both cause he's also a stud. But can't leave out the always dangerous Breydan Bailey and Alec White who's a very quick strong wrester, not to mention he's coached by Coach Red. 

I'd have to go with Egli but Hildebrandt is much bigger and stronger than he was last year. Since he was like 100 lbs las year but Konrath could beat both cause he's also a stud. But can't leave out the always dangerous Breydan Bailey and Alec White who's a very quick strong wrester, not to mention he's coached by Coach Red.

Hildebrandt was 90 Lbs last year .

• 1 month later...

I would not want to be the rankings guy @ 106. Hildebrandt Reitz, Egli, Cummings, Baily, or Konrath all have a real shot. Watching them war it out over the years has been tons of fun!!! They are great kids and warriors, one beats the other who beats the one who beat them. State will be a real treat this year at 106. This is a weight class that will probably be a great example for why we need wrestle backs. With 4 of the top 10 kids coming out of Merriville semi state, someone who should be on the stand will probably go home...  >:(  But hey, no one will be inconvenienced and maybe some kid who didn't work as hard will have a chance for a moment in the sun...  ;)

After watching the match between Konrath and Egli yesterday, I'm putting my vote on Konrath. He completely dominated the match. Had his 1st takedown within :15 and cut him. Egli never rebounded from that sand Konrath just put it on him, only allowing one takedown himself. Can't wait for the rematch

Okay I know I sound like a broken record but come on.  At the top of this convo, the majority of you were picking egli to win.  Now Konrath picks him apart and you're going with Cummings who squeaked out a match with Hildenbrand???  It's up to you all but my pick ems this year will have Konrath sitting on the far right of the winners bracket.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.