Wrestling Cliches to Kill in 2012/13

hook and half

every one said no one would beat brent metcalfe then he got his face rocked by darian caldwell...no one thought i could beat galka my jr year....no one thought joey smith would get 2nd at the al smith as a jv wrestler no one thought cashe would lose his senior year but jason did....there are a million examples of this

every one said no one would beat brent metcalfe then he got his face rocked by darian caldwell...no one thought i could beat galka my jr year....no one thought joey smith would get 2nd at the al smith as a jv wrestler no one thought cashe would lose his senior year but jason did....there are a million examples of this

There are plenty of examples, yes.  But the one's you are giving are pretty good to excellent wrestlers UPSETTING excellent wrestlers.  I would argue that the kid who is merely, at best, a Regional qualifier, has absolutely no shot versus a kid of Tstirtsis caliber.  Therefore, to say that anyone can beat anyone at anytime is, IMO, truly false. 

lets just seed those guys in to the state finals and cut out this sectional regional and SS bs

Thats jumping to a conclusion i would never support.  My point simply being that some  wrestlers are so superior to their opponents that it would literally take an act of God for them to lose.

"he was robbed" (about the loser)

"he wasn't 100%" (about the loser)

"he's got heart" (about the guy you hope wins)

"their coach teaches them to work the edge" (about the winning team's coach)

"he stalled the whole match" (about the winner)

"he actually controlled the match" (about the loser)

"he's one to watch", "he's a darkhorse", "he's under the radar" (about every wrestler in the state)

"he's a beast" (about the guy you like who recently won a match)

"he never quits" (about the guy you like who usually loses by decision)

"he's untouchable" (about any undefeated wrestler on December 2)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.