4.Brandon James 

5.Jake Masengale 

6.Luke Blanton

7.Nick Crume   

8.Josh Farrell 

9.Robert Steveson II 

10.Tommy Forte 

H.M. Luke Welch, Wesley Bernard

My Son Chris Morris will be a shock to everyone this upcoming season, after not being allowed to wrestle his freshman and sophomore year due to state qualifiers in front of him. 7th at folkstyle state , 4th a freestyle. just watch.

Mitch Sliga will be the best wrestler in the state pound for pound. He's Indiana's most accomplished wrestler besides Tsirtsis.  I'd really like to see him compete in the Olympics in 2016. And I also think when its said and done, he'll be up there in the ranks of Escobedo, Tsirtsis bro's, Howe, and Humphrey as Indiana's most accomplished wrestlers.

My Son Chris Morris will be a shock to everyone this upcoming season, after not being allowed to wrestle his freshman and sophomore year due to state qualifiers in front of him. 7th at folkstyle state , 4th a freestyle. just watch.

What school does your son, Chris Morris wresle for and at what weight?  Interesting he wasnt' "allowed" to wrestle.  I would think if he could have beat the state qualifier he would have been allowed.

I hope that this isn't the new Caliboy....

What school does your son, Chris Morris wresle for and at what weight?  Interesting he wasnt' "allowed" to wrestle.  I would think if he could have beat the state qualifier he would have been allowed.

Just saying, I know Chris personally and I saw him at the Jimtown folkstyle open this year and he gave Howell-Bey(semi-state qualifier through a tough regional) a pretty good match. If he puts forth a good effort off season, he could be really good next year.

He wrestled for Elkhart Memorial and is currently attending elkhart central where he workout everyday with Trevor Erchatea and Johnny Treadway over there  , both semi-state qualifiers and ranked last season. He beat johnny by one point during offseason and lost to trevor in overtime, i wont be surprised if he place at state next year.

I'm not trying to say your son isn't a great wrestler, but I was a Fargo All-American (5th), made the All-Junior Duals team in Oklahoma City (6-0), went 7-1 (with 6 pins) at the Scholastic Duals in York, PA, placed second at folkstyle state, won greco and freestyle state as a junior, and never placed at high school state.

This kind of post simply sets your son up to have people rooting against him.  Let his success on the mat speak for itself, with all due respect.

* this is in no way, shape, or form a post bashing you or your son.  I am just trying to let you know the difference of competition in the IHSAA state tournament vs. the off-season state tournaments

Best of luck to you and your son this year though.  I love seeing the underdogs that no one saw coming succeed

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.