Post Match Celebrations

DCHawks149

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man oh Man, If you have ever had the opportunity to be a part of a dual either as a coach or a competitor with such High-Stakes on the line you will understand that celebration's is the nature of the beast.    

The game-planning involved by the coaches, every match is contested till the buzzer sound's, bumping to get the best-match-up's, and crowd's are going crazy!!!!  It's AWESOME!!!  I enjoyed every minute of that dual starting with the Big Blow up Falcon Tunnel, then the Glow Stick 6-shooter, the Warm-up's, Face-off's, to the matches. That's what this sport need's!!!!!

Look at J-Rob from Minnesota, Brand's from Iowa, Smith from Okie State, Sanderson from Penn State, they prepare their wrestler's to put on show that is entertaining to the most enthusiastic wrestling fan all the way to a first-time wrestling observer.  Wrestling is a very demanding, intense, and emotional sport that pit's 2 extreme competitor's  against each other and when a competitor win's a tightly contested match sometimes they celebrate.  Celebration's is a part of it and good for the sport.

I think all the wrestler's put on a great show and the celebration's were fine.  Thank you to both of the coaching staff's for giving me cold chill's in a couple different instances through-out last night in a great wrestling dual!!!!

Coach Weimer

I believe all of this celebration should be held until the team is on the bus to stand over an aponent and jump and shout show the lack of respect for your apponent. Walter Payton used to say when you score a touchdown you should just hand the ball to the ref and walk off because that is what his job was ist to score touchdowns. When you pin your man lend him a hand up shake his hand get yours raised shake thier coaches hand walk off the mat and encourage yor time mates no more no less! If my son EVER celebrated on the mat I would make him apologise to his apponent the ref and the other coach.

Its Nice to be great but its even greater to be nice

where would we be without the right to show our emotion and celebrate our victories?.....as long as you're not getting in your opponents face afterwards, making rude gestures to the crowd or opposing team or just acting totally like an idiot, i think that's what makes it exciting for the fans and the other wrestlers.....pump that fist, shout out, raise those arms.....any kid willing to risk getting his butt kicked in front of a crowd should be able to celebrate a big victory when it happens.....

I believe all of this celebration should be held until the team is on the bus to stand over an aponent and jump and shout show the lack of respect for your apponent. Walter Payton used to say when you score a touchdown you should just hand the ball to the ref and walk off because that is what his job was ist to score touchdowns. When you pin your man lend him a hand up shake his hand get yours raised shake thier coaches hand walk off the mat and encourage yor time mates no more no less! If my son EVER celebrated on the mat I would make him apologise to his apponent the ref and the other coach.

Its Nice to be great but its even greater to be nice

i like that last sentence......very well put......and agree that one must show respect  to his opponent and coaches.....

where would we be without the right to show our emotion and celebrate our victories?.....as long as you're not getting in your opponents face afterwards, making rude gestures to the crowd or opposing team or just acting totally like an idiot, i think that's what makes it exciting for the fans and the other wrestlers.....pump that fist, shout out, raise those arms.....any kid willing to risk getting his butt kicked in front of a crowd should be able to celebrate a big victory when it happens.....

Charger Dad, you just posted something very close to what I was in the process of posting.  There is nothing wrong with celebrating at the conclusion of a match, as longer as you are not being disrespectful in doing so.  I can respect the wrestler who chooses to or not to display some emotion at the end.  I did it as a wrestler, when winning matches that were big wins(big for me), and as a coach, I had no problem with my wrestlers celebrating in a respectful way.  

It didn't work out this way in the end, but as huge of a dominant victory as Willis had, over a top level opponent, that momentum could have carried his team to win some matches that they wouldn't otherwise win, and find a way to pull off the big upset.

Bottom line is these kids work their tails off to get that big win. Some of them that maybe their 1st big win or only big win. They should be able to enjoy it to a point. Theres a fine line of over doing it and thats something the coaches should talk to them about in private or in prac. The stakes are high the crowd is pumped you worked all season its go time. You get that big win show some honor. The kid that lost goes back to work for his chance to do the same next match.

or just acting totally like an idiot,

this is where people have differing opinions... and I thik that seems to be the debate here... some see nothing wrong while others thought some of the celebrating was "acting like an idiot"....   

It starts at the top. When you have coaches encouraging the booing of an official to the high school student section while waving his arms in the air and walking along the side of the mat, then the outbursts of emotion from kids should expected. The meet had been hyped up for weeks and I am sure the wrestlers wanted to put on a display for the crowd. This being said, a celebration is fine when done in the right fashion and with class and respect for both yourself, your team/ school, your family, and most importantly your opponent.

Your speaking of what happened after the Hwt match with Cathedral vs PM, and from the outside I understand what you think you witnessed, but what you need to know is Bernard was a PM wrestler for 10 plus years and the crowd started booing him after the match as they see him as one that flew the coup. The coach of which you speak was in my opinion and (as the father of the Cathedral wrestler being booed) was just trying to keep the fans in the next upcoming match with his arm waving, but knowing this coach as I do i doubt he was asking the crowd to boo the offical!!! Just my opinion...

When a kid celebrates after winning to me it shows the other kid he had a chance that u as a wrestler did not believe u could beat him!   Finish the mtch the way u started like a man!

Only one problem with the last sentence of your statement, they are teenagers....lol

Wills is fine a little too much for how he dominated that match yet he's trying to fire up his team and that's what leaders do.  McClurg is just silly for sure and will learn once  he wrestles more important matches and I love emotion and it must be shown especially in this dual  just we need to tell them specifically what is not allowed on the mats. They are KIDS yet they are representing their teams, their coaches and their school as well as themselves.

Given the situation of who he was wrestling, it may have been a bit much for Riley's reaction.  But knowing who he is, I can say that he may have gotten caught up in the atmosphere and hyping to the PMHS students in attendance.  So I would not fault him too much.  This was a huge match in Indiana and emotions were high for everyone.

This would have also been a great opportunity for one of the former Falcon greats in attendance to pull this outstanding young man aside after the match to congratulate him on a fine win for the team and to remind him of who he is representing and of the legacy of sportsmanship at PMHS.

Thanks to both teams for an enjoyable match

Dana Hensley

Noblesville WC

No number ones in the air only when u become a champion and no pointing at the other  teams crowd when your team has lost that's what is unacceptable and really embarrassing disagree with you on that one coach. You can point at the crowd if you won a big match during the dual and it's still winnable  but once it's over one completely lacks class and care about his team just losing. Guess that's what we're teaching in wrestling nowadays. Get excited and end it there that's a true champion.

Man oh Man, If you have ever had the opportunity to be a part of a dual either as a coach or a competitor with such High-Stakes on the line you will understand that celebration's is the nature of the beast.    

The game-planning involved by the coaches, every match is contested till the buzzer sound's, bumping to get the best-match-up's, and crowd's are going crazy!!!!  It's AWESOME!!!  I enjoyed every minute of that dual starting with the Big Blow up Falcon Tunnel, then the Glow Stick 6-shooter, the Warm-up's, Face-off's, to the matches. That's what this sport need's!!!!!

Look at J-Rob from Minnesota, Brand's from Iowa, Smith from Okie State, Sanderson from Penn State, they prepare their wrestler's to put on show that is entertaining to the most enthusiastic wrestling fan all the way to a first-time wrestling observer.  Wrestling is a very demanding, intense, and emotional sport that pit's 2 extreme competitor's  against each other and when a competitor win's a tightly contested match sometimes they celebrate.  Celebration's is a part of it and good for the sport.

I think all the wrestler's put on a great show and the celebration's were fine.  Thank you to both of the coaching staff's for giving me cold chill's in a couple different instances through-out last night in a great wrestling dual!!!!

Coach Weimer

Right on coach let them celebrate.  You want this sport to grow and become a crowd favorite.    Then let the kids get excited!

I think the kids should get 5 seconds of " showtime " to do whatever they want.  Then we could all get a 2nd show for our admittance to the event.  

I think that is what the janitor was for last night.  ;D

I think that is what the janitor was for last night.  ;D

That's when you know the coaches, wrestlers, and teams are helping our sport, is when the janitor working the event gets caught up in the great atmosphere of last night and starts dancing to the delight of the crowd between matches as the music streamed through the gym...Whats not to like and enjoy about that??

Some of you people take things wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to seriously.  There is nothing wrong with being exuberant.

You get 5 or 10 seconds of raw emotion. 

Only problem I have is when guys throw a fit when they lose.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.