14. Warren Central

15. Center Grove

16. New Palestine

17. SB Clay

18. Lowell

19. Portage

20. Bellmont

Perry is untouchable..

How many of Perry's kids are actually "Perry" kids?  Isn't one from Elwood? This inquiring mind is wondering.

Before I answer your question, I have one of my own. Why do you want this information...to what purpose. If it is simple curiosity, then so be it. Too often, however, questions of this nature are at best a subtle attempt to delegitimize the success of a particular school by insinuating that certain members arrived there under less than honorable circumstances. At worst, they are the bitter rantings of someone whose favored program continues to be defeated by the cheating interloper. So, with that in mind lets look:

Jacob Cottey: "Perry" kid - wrestled for PMMS

Brandon James: "Perry" kid, freshman who moved here this summer

Aiden Kenny: "Perry" kid - wrestled at PMMS, coach Schoettle's son

Cody LeCount: "Perry" kid - wrestled at PMMS, did live in Elwood

Jared McKinley: "Perry" kid - wrestled at PMMS

Nick Bova: "Perry" kid - wrestled at PMMS

Rliey McClurg: "Perry" kid, transfered from Beech Grove

Paul Matthews: "Perry" kid - wrestled at PMMS

Kirk Johnson: "Perry" kid - wrestled at PMMS

Jake Masengale: "Perry" kid - wrestled at PMMS

CJ Martin: "Perry" kid - wrestled at PMMS

Devante Ash: "Perry" kid - wrestled at PMMS, transfered to Warren then transfered back

Jordan Naughton: "Perry" kid - wrestled at PMMS

Donte Winfield: "Perry" kid - wrestled at PMMS

So you can see that they are all "Perry" kids and that 12 out of 14 wrestled at our middle school. The families of the other 2 decided it was in the overall best interest of their families to re-locate to Perry township to provide the best environment in which their children can grow. I hope this was sufficient.

Coach Thorton, I will go one step farther with the "Elwood Kid",  his dad is Jacob Cottey's step father.  So the parents need to make a decision that is best for both kids (step brothers-Jacob Cottey and Cody LeCount) to wrestle on the same team so that the parents can be in the same place and enjoy both of their son's wrestling years.  Tough  choice Perry or Elwood.  Good luck to all the rest of the season.

Is "deligitimize" an actual word?

yes it is...

de?le?git?i?mize (dl-jt-mz)

tr.v. de?le?git?i?mized, de?le?git?i?miz?ing, de?le?git?i?miz?es

To revoke the legal or legitimate status of: example: "Out of poverty sprout social instability and desperation, which delegitimize governments that declare themselves democratic"

Before I answer your question, I have one of my own. Why do you want this information...to what purpose. If it is simple curiosity, then so be it. Too often, however, questions of this nature are at best a subtle attempt to delegitimize the success of a particular school by insinuating that certain members arrived there under less than honorable circumstances. At worst, they are the bitter rantings of someone whose favored program continues to be defeated by the cheating interloper. So, with that in mind lets look:

Jacob Cottey: "Perry" kid - wrestled for PMMS

Brandon James: "Perry" kid, freshman who moved here this summer

Aiden Kenny: "Perry" kid - wrestled at PMMS, coach Schoettle's son

Cody LeCount: "Perry" kid - wrestled at PMMS, did live in Elwood

Jared McKinley: "Perry" kid - wrestled at PMMS

Nick Bova: "Perry" kid - wrestled at PMMS

Rliey McClurg: "Perry" kid, transfered from Beech Grove

Paul Matthews: "Perry" kid - wrestled at PMMS

Kirk Johnson: "Perry" kid - wrestled at PMMS

Jake Masengale: "Perry" kid - wrestled at PMMS

CJ Martin: "Perry" kid - wrestled at PMMS

Devante Ash: "Perry" kid - wrestled at PMMS, transfered to Warren then transfered back

Jordan Naughton: "Perry" kid - wrestled at PMMS

Donte Winfield: "Perry" kid - wrestled at PMMS

So you can see that they are all "Perry" kids and that 12 out of 14 wrestled at our middle school. The families of the other 2 decided it was in the overall best interest of their families to re-locate to Perry township to provide the best environment in which their children can grow. I hope this was sufficient.

As a Cathedral guy that gets hammered incessantly on the Gridiron Digest and on IndianaMat in the old days for recruiting, this makes me smile. I am kind of speechless. Listening to a Public defend recruiting and convenient transfers is awesome. It is outstanding to hear of the "Perry" kids angle. Well done. I will save that angle for the next time Cathedral and Mater Dei get heat on here. I don't love you any less, Coach Thornton. It was eloquently defended.

Sincerely,

Private school guy with a recruiting problem

Wasn't Crown Point untouchable last year?

CP was #1, but all the discussion leading up to the state finals was about how even the top 3 (CP, MD, and PM) seemed to be.  There was definitely not the same sense of one team being such a heavy favorite like PM is this year.  (But I for one think CP and MD are a step ahead of anyone PM's seen yet and both could give PM extremely tough matches).

They were untouchable until Coach Vlink made the coaching error that cost them. 

I just don't agree with this at all.  The blunder was a big deal, for sure, but they weren't untouchable in relation to EMD and PM.  All the common opponent scores and statewide comparisons showed they were all three 15 to 20 points better than anyone rated #4 or lower--but very, very even amongst themselves.

As a Cathedral guy that gets hammered incessantly on the Gridiron Digest and on IndianaMat in the old days for recruiting, this makes me smile. I am kind of speechless. Listening to a Public defend recruiting and convenient transfers is awesome. It is outstanding to hear of the "Perry" kids angle. Well done. I will save that angle for the next time Cathedral and Mater Dei get heat on here. I don't love you any less, Coach Thornton. It was eloquently defended.

Sincerely,

Private school guy with a recruiting problem

You need to dig a little deeper Than the fact that they attended PERRY MERIDIAN MIDDLE SCHOOL. That is part of the recruiting plan and why not? This is were you indoctrinate the studs and weed out the  not so talented kids. It also keeps the IHSAA HAPPY :D I would ask if any kids moved out of Perry because they were recruited out of their spot?? So sad too bad ! Right ?

You need to dig a little deeper Than the fact that they attended PERRY MERIDIAN MIDDLE SCHOOL. That is part of the recruiting plan and why not? This is were you indoctrinate the studs and weed out the  not so talented kids. It also keeps the IHSAA HAPPY :D I would ask if any kids moved out of Perry because they were recruited out of their spot?? So sad too bad ! Right ?

I thought I covered this in my run down, but perhaps there are some individuals with difficulties in reading comprehension. Brandon James' family moved here of their own volition this summer. Cody LeCount lived in Elwood, but his mom works in Perry Township and he is a step-brother to Jacob Cottey. Riley McClurg's family move to Perry Township last spring. The other 11 varsity kids GREW UP IN PERRY TOWNSHIP. I have also never heard of someone being "recruited" out of their spot. In wrestling, we have a competition known as wrestle offs that determine spots based on performance, not pedigree. So sad too bad?! What is sad is fleeing without a fight. Who is to say that wrestler X, who moves in, wins the wrestle off against wrestler Y who has lived here all his life.  And if any kid did move because he felt as though he was "recruited" out of his spot, wouldn't that be an ACTUAL IHSAA violation (moving for athletic reasons) as opposed to the IMAGINED IHSAA violation of moving for a better job/life/overall experience for you child (which is what occured at Perry Meridian). Another thing louie, you seem to have some inside knowledge to which you alone are privy. I invite you to illuminate us all with the dark details of how kids who went to elementary school  and middle school in Perry township somehow (gasp!) wound up wrestling for Perry Meridian. Call Oliver Stone! There is a conspiracy afoot! A conspiracy concocted in dark rooms with dim light...a conspiracy whose sole purpose was to deny your child a spot on the best varsity team in the state without having to earn it. Are you serious? Find a better direction to channel your energies. I know we already have.

I thought I covered this in my run down, but perhaps there are some individuals with difficulties in reading comprehension. Brandon James' family moved here of their own volition this summer. Cody LeCount lived in Elwood, but his mom works in Perry Township and he is a step-brother to Jacob Cottey. Riley McClurg's family move to Perry Township last spring. The other 11 varsity kids GREW UP IN PERRY TOWNSHIP. I have also never heard of someone being "recruited" out of their spot. In wrestling, we have a competition known as wrestle offs that determine spots based on performance, not pedigree. So sad too bad?! What is sad is fleeing without a fight. Who is to say that wrestler X, who moves in, wins the wrestle off against wrestler Y who has lived here all his life.  And if any kid did move because he felt as though he was "recruited" out of his spot, wouldn't that be an ACTUAL IHSAA violation (moving for athletic reasons) as opposed to the IMAGINED IHSAA violation of moving for a better job/life/overall experience for you child (which is what occured at Perry Meridian). Another thing louie, you seem to have some inside knowledge to which you alone are privy. I invite you to illuminate us all with the dark details of how kids who went to elementary school  and middle school in Perry township somehow (gasp!) wound up wrestling for Perry Meridian. Call Oliver Stone! There is a conspiracy afoot! A conspiracy concocted in dark rooms with dim light...a conspiracy whose sole purpose was to deny your child a spot on the best varsity team in the state without having to earn it. Are you serious? Find a better direction to channel your energies. I know we already have.

Are you really that naive? I know you are not stupid. You better check your facts and I'll check mine.

Are you really that naive? I know you are not stupid. You better check your facts and I'll check mine.

There are no "my facts" or "your facts" there are simply facts. I have stated what I know. If you can contradict anything I have written, as I said before, illuminate us all with the facts you imply I have overlooked. If all you have is speculation and innuendo, I suggest you keep silent and be thought a fool, rather than spouting off and removing all doubt.

There are no "my facts" or "your facts" there are simply facts. I have stated what I know. If you can contradict anything I have written, as I said before, illuminate us all with the facts you imply I have overlooked. If all you have is speculation and innuendo, I suggest you keep silent and be thought a fool, rather than spouting off and removing all doubt.

Let's start at the top. I was in Fargo last summer saw the Junior director coaching a cadet. Now this may be legal but he moved of "his own volition" seems just a little questionable. Please do not try to insult me Mr. Thornton. It is not becoming of intelligent people . Yes facts are facts.