#1 Perry Meridian at #11 Center Grove

Thornton

This should be an excellent dual meet. A Johnson County/Marion County border war with some excellent individual match-ups. #10 Cottey vs Fleener at 106, #3 James vs #11 Schoettle at 113, #1 Johnson vs #11 Warner at 160 and #3 Masengale vs #5 Mappes at 170 are but 4 of those great individual matches.

CG was without 5 or 6 of their starters.  Not sure why?  Perry looks awful strong.

106 Cottey    9-2

113 James    18-3

120 Kenny    fall

126 Lecount  fall

132 Mckinley fall

138 Bova  fall

145 Mcclurg  7-2

152 Mathews 9-1

160 Johnson fall

170 Masengale 3-2 over Warner  up from 160

182 Patch  fall

195 Ash    fall

220 Naughton  9-1

285 Winfield    5-0

CG was without 5 or 6 of their starters.  Not sure why?  Perry looks awful strong.

106 Cottey    9-2

113 James    18-3

120 Kenny    fall

126 Lecount   fall

132 Mckinley fall

138 Bova   fall

145 Mcclurg  7-2

152 Mathews 9-1

160 Johnson fall

170 Masengale 3-2 over Warner  up from 160

182 Patch  fall

195 Ash    fall

220 Naughton   9-1

285 Winfield    5-0

well who were the 5 or 6 out? i only saw schoettle carmichael and mappes out maybe the 195lber out who else?

We have Perry Meridian on our schedule because we want to compete against the best.  If you check the rest of our schedule you will see that we wrestle top competition week in and week out.  If we didn't want our best to wrestle we would not have scheduled the meet.  I simply ask you get accurate information before you spout off questioning the integrity of our program.

For your information we are dealing with several issues including illness, hopefully just minor injuries, and the deep run our football team made.  We will get our guys back in the line up as soon as they are ready. 

Cale Hoover

Head Coach

Center Grove HS

I want to say first that Center Grove is a very good program that we have great respect for.  They work hard.  They show good sportsmanship and they are very competitive.  We at Perry always expect a great dual, an exciting atmosphere and a healthy rivalry.

Its early, they have some kids out.  They will be just fine and will be very very tough soon.  Good luck and thanks for all you guys do for the sport.

Coach Tonte

I am usually into pacifism, but since you have invited me into a debate Fruit Smoothy 34 flavors, I'll play along.

To answer your question directly, no.  Obvioulsy I don't know every coaches day to day schedule.  I understand some coaches teach a full load of classes everyday and then show up to practice for another 3-4 hours.  Obviously putting in some 60-80hours a week with their job... I also understand that some coaches are lay coaches and work all day and then go to practice and sometimes go back to work to finish the hours they missed while at practice.

However, everytime I am at a wrestling meet in the off season, I see the PM staff there.  Including the day after they won the High School state championship.  I see several other coaches there as well, but none seem as involved or intense as that staff. 

Get online and check out the practice schedule for the Perry Meridian club and high school.  Pretty amazing how many different practices are going on.  I know they have lots of parents who help, but I also know that many nights that coaching staff is present and working with all ages. 

I challenge you to find a coaching staff that works as hard as they do, not just putting in hours, but actually getting on the mat showing technique, being in the corner of all age group of kids so many days of the year.  Then if you can do that, find a staff that does more.  I am confident you wont be able to find one. 

To all the other coaches reading this... don't take offense I in no way intended to offend or accuse you of not giving all you have and working hard.  coaching is perhaps the toughest gig in our society.  So hats off to you.  I was trying to give some recognition to a great coaching staff and ole boy fruitsmoothy34 had to weigh in with some sarcasm. 

Dude

I am usually into pacifism, but since you have invited me into a debate Fruit Smoothy 34 flavors, I'll play along.

To answer your question directly, no.  Obvioulsy I don't know every coaches day to day schedule.  I understand some coaches teach a full load of classes everyday and then show up to practice for another 3-4 hours.  Obviously putting in some 60-80hours a week with their job... I also understand that some coaches are lay coaches and work all day and then go to practice and sometimes go back to work to finish the hours they missed while at practice.

However, everytime I am at a wrestling meet in the off season, I see the PM staff there.  Including the day after they won the High School state championship.  I see several other coaches there as well, but none seem as involved or intense as that staff. 

Get online and check out the practice schedule for the Perry Meridian club and high school.  Pretty amazing how many different practices are going on.  I know they have lots of parents who help, but I also know that many nights that coaching staff is present and working with all ages. 

I challenge you to find a coaching staff that works as hard as they do, not just putting in hours, but actually getting on the mat showing technique, being in the corner of all age group of kids so many days of the year.  Then if you can do that, find a staff that does more.  I am confident you wont be able to find one. 

To all the other coaches reading this... don't take offense I in no way intended to offend or accuse you of not giving all you have and working hard.  coaching is perhaps the toughest gig in our society.  So hats off to you.  I was trying to give some recognition to a great coaching staff and ole boy fruitsmoothy34 had to weigh in with some sarcasm. 

Dude

Actually I don't think it would be tough to find coaching staffs that put in as much effort.  Wrestling coaches are usually the most dedicated and several schools coaches work with the club/youth program, middle school program, and high school program (especially at smaller schools). 

At least I don't have to result to name-calling.  I get that you are trying to give your a compliment to coaches at your school.  I guess maybe you should search online for other programs schedules to back up your claim.  Then you will have a factual argument. 

Actually I don't think it would be tough to find coaching staffs that put in as much effort.  Wrestling coaches are usually the most dedicated and several schools coaches work with the club/youth program, middle school program, and high school program (especially at smaller schools).   

At least I don't have to result to name-calling.  I get that you are trying to give your a compliment to coaches at your school.  I guess maybe you should search online for other programs schedules to back up your claim.  Then you will have a factual argument. 

You would be wrong with your statement regarding staffs that put the time and effort as Perry's does, you would be lucky to find 5 programs in the state ran as well. This is not a knock on any other programs, it's just a fact to people who go and see these coaches at all events at all levels state, national, elementary, not to mention the number of kids that buy into their system. My son wrestles for another Indy team, so no dog in this fight, just calling it like I see it..

It must be an early CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!!

All 5 of the CG studs were healed in less than 62 hours.  And 2 went undefeated too!

You were appologizing in your last post about not questioning the integrity of the CG wrestling team and now it looks like you're back at it.  Were you in Bloomington today to see the bandages (tape), shoulder support and the doctors release for these wrestlers?  If not, keep your fingers away from the keyboard and concentrate on your own team. 

If not, keep your fingers away from the keyboard and concentrate on your own team. 

I don't really have my own team, as I am a fan of wrestling in general.  Of course I am going to choose some of the better match ups for my entertainment dollar.

But, when I travel over  30 minutes to a meet to see 2 high ranked teams in action and  there isn't one match up of any of the better wrestlers and they are all from one team,  I think I am allowed my $5 worth of complaints. 

I choose to go to Franklin today and saw some exciting matches.  I did not expect to see many of Penn's studs as they were in the football championship last week, and not qualified to participate as of yet. 

This behavior is NO better than sending your JV squad to a Regional, that you think you can't win. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.