Who are some of the top incoming freshmen and what weight?

BlackshirtD

How about a top 5 from every semi state

Merrillville

1. Bobby Steveson Merrillville 1 loss to Tsirtsis Al Smith champ

2. Darden Schurg Crown Point 1 loss early on

3. Tommy Forte Mishawaka 2 losses Al smith champ

4. Scott Sopko Hobart 3 losses to Steveson Al smith runner up

5. Morgan Kral Crown point single digit losses in a upper class man weight class was also a regional champ

Hon mem Trevino calumet, davidson Chesterton, jones Chesterton, Childers tipp valley Clark laf Harrison

I do not know a lot about the FW kids but looking through the brackets there are six with single digit losses:

[table]

1. Connor KnappEast Noble38-2

2. Sawyer Miller South Adams36-2

3. Kyle Mockenstum Prairie Heights40-5

4. Sam Lovejoy Bishop Luers35-6

5. Ben CauffmanCarroll38-8

6. Ryan Morrow Yorktown16-5[/table]

There are another nine with winning records (Andy Oliver AC 31-11, Caleb Maddox Western 31-10,Clayton Moore Manchester 23-11, Chase Downing Churubusco 25-12, Tanner Shipley Huntington North 29-14, Corey Hinkle Western 33-17, Payton Hughes Monroe Central 20-14, Evan Beech North Miami 18-17, Parker VanMeter Taylor 37-11)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is JV at Roncalli under stud Vance Ellis, He will get his time to shine, my top fresh next year has to be Nick Ellis, then CJ Red

What is CJ wrestling this year?  I was just wondering if he will be a very light 106 lber next year, which could hurt him a little. 

All Freshman in the FW SS in order from the bracket.

[table]

106 Ryan MorrowYorktown16-5

106 Kyle MockenstumPrairie Heights40-5

106 Sawyer MillerSouth Adams36-2

106 Ben CauffmanCarroll38-8

106 Connor KnappEast Noble38-2

106Andy OliverAC 31-11

106Caleb Maddox Western 31-10

113 Sam LovejoyBishop Luers35-6

113Alex Beal Huntington North 18-24

120Clayton Moore Manchester 23-11

120Chase Downing Churubusco 25-12

126Tanner Shipley Huntington North 29-14

152Corey Hinkle Western 33-17

170Payton Hughes Monroe Central 20-14

195Layne Emery Huntington North 20-25220Evan Beech North Miami 18-17

220Parker VanMeter Taylor 37-11

[/table]

New Castle Freshman

Justin Carson          North Central   22-13

Kellen Vancamp    LB                            28-6

Tommy Cash          New Pal                39-0

Wayne Highfield    SM                           14-14

Adam Oyler              Lawrenceburg      38-5

Trevor Lonnemann  Milan                  23-12

Ben Harvey                  Cathedral          36-5

Brandon James            Perry                 41-0

David Hill                      Lawrenceburg      36-5

Takota Clark                Hagerstown        26-8

Eavan Smiley              Cathedral            32-9

Garrett Wilson      Franklin Central        24-8

Noah Schrader      Chatard        29-11

Will Amberger        Batesville    19-15

Nate Trawick        Richmond       21-16

Evansville's 16 "Fantastic Freshman" (no order suggested, right off the bracket)

(Nickname in honor of Triple B)

Tre Lynch, NA 29-11

Nevin Markitan, Martinsville 26-14

Nate Burtan, Paoli 35-6

Griffin Schermer, BS 31-10

Hunter Fox, Cascade 37-2

Tyler Hickey, Martinsville 21-14

Bailey Lahue, Corydon 37-2

Alex Johnson, Matre Dei 30-8

Peyton Jones, Plainfield 20-18

Mitch Anderson, Mooresville 23-16

Bryant Haynes, Charlestown 22-13

Jacob Stevenson, Franklin 28-7

Brennan Barlow, BS 16-15

Joseph Thomas, NK 30-10

Cole Kreilein, JA 21-14

Ian Songer, JA 20-12

He is top notch wrestler and will make some noise when he gets a chance. Also being behind Vance Ellis  is only going to make him tougher. Thanks for the info ;D

And I agree about CJ Red and NIck Ellis.

Both these guys will be outstanding freshman next year. They(CJ) will most likley have to get past Drew Hughs, who in my opinion will be the states top freshman next year.

I think Nick Ellis is by far the best incoming freshman next year... and if he goes 106 he could have a legitimate chance at being a STATE CHAMP

First of all none of them is "far" better than the other, that I'm sure of, I've had the opportunity to all of them allot, and I would hate to have to live on the differance. Second, If the three are at 106# next year I'd be suprised. I am book marking this post for next season though I like quick referances.  ;D

no offense but there aren't any good juniors at 106, most of the good 106 pounders are sophmores, freshman

Damon Kuhn - Junior from Evansville Reitz just beat #3 ranked Jacob Brown of Castle for the Castle Regional title.  Is that one of the Juniors you are talking about that isn't any good?  Kuhn has been ranked anywhere from 4th to 8th this year.

9 Juniors left in the tournament, 3 I have seen Kennedy, Kuhn, and Rigney, are very good.  I do conceed your point that there are some very good freshman and sophmore still out there as well (Boston/Micic come to mind quickly).  But all this just makes my point stronger, 106 will be very tough next year.

No offense taken  :)

Isaiah Kemper. Went into sectional with only 4 looses. He was pretty dang good. Looked like he just wasnt havin a good day on sectionals and didnt even make it out. Got beat by a guy he already beat in the Semi's then got beat by a kid he beat twice already. Will be very good in the upcoming years.

AGREED

I think Nick Ellis is by far the best incoming freshman next year... and if he goes 106 he could have a legitimate chance at being a STATE CHAMP

im pretty sure he will wrestle 113 nex year......i think he is cuttin a liitle weight to make 110 for this weekends middle school state championship so i think 106 for next yaer will be outta the ?

He might have a legitimate shot at a high school state title next year, but he has NO shot at a Middle School State Title this year.  Nick Lee, 7th grader, wins easily.

Although I appreciate the kind words about Nick, I would appreciate it if you wouldnt put a target on his back. Nick has a lot of work to do before he even thinks about a state championship at any level. There are a lot of talented kids coming in next season and I am sure they all want to do there talking on the mat, not a discussion board.

Lance

Although I appreciate the kind words about Nick, I would appreciate it if you wouldnt put a target on his back. Nick has a lot of work to do before he even thinks about a state championship at any level. There are a lot of talented kids coming in next season and I am sure they all want to do there talking on the mat, not a discussion board.

Lance

"Who?  Oh, Nick Ellis?  I saw him on  a message board, I better get ready." -- random wrestler next year

Somehow, I don't think it will go down this way.  A kid at Nick's level prepares for everyone's best already.

What about Freshmen that can't couldn't crack varsity because of upper classmen in front of them. Reitz has 4 of them. Tyler Ferguson with Kuhn and Davis, Tanner Bruce with Davis and Johns, Kyle Todrank withVanhook and Moody and Jeff Reese with Appell and Reuger. How sick could these boys be after wrestling every day in practice with state placers and qualifiers. All four won city and JV championships this year for Reitz. Should be interesting at Iswa state in the Cadet division.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.