A message from Nathan Boston...

lpd096

A message from Nathan Boston:

"I have decided to remain at Lawrence North High school. My dad expected to be on a project out of the country for about 9 months and thought St. Paris Graham would be a great opportunity for education and other things. Do to certain bylaws I would have had to give up 1 year of eligibility if I would have attended St. Paris Graham. We decided that it wouldn?t be in my best interest to do so if I wanted to wrestle at the next level. So I decided not to enroll at Graham, so new opportunities opened up at Blair. Even with Blair having an exceptional program I felt that family was more important and it?s not all about wrestling. I will be embracing the opportunities I have at Lawrence North and focus on my education while trying to become a better person and wrestler. Hopefully my old coaches will come in and help out from time to time. I really appreciate all the support I received from the wrestling community. Hopefully I can represent the state of Indiana and Lawrence North. Principal Crouser was my first coach at the age of 8. Coach Jordan and I were very disappointed but he said, ?god had different plans for me?. I will always be part of the Graham family just not on their team unless it can be done the right way."

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am looking forward to seeing Nathan wrestle in Indiana this season.

Congratulations Nathan on coming home where you should be. I am glad to see you here if for nothing else to quiet the people who after you were leaving, said you were ducking other wrestlers. Welcome back...

Wait, all of you didnt hear my dad is paying Dan Gable to be the head coach at LN. Hes even buying the team matching  gables and getting the mascot changed to a hawk-eye so Coach Gable feels at home, and my dad didnt want to be unfair to all the big guys so hes bringing in Steve Mocco to be heavy weight assistant under Coach Gunn. He also has decided to bring in Paul Donahoe since his acting career is over. Just givin an update ;)

Wait, all of you didnt hear my dad is paying Dan Gable to be the head coach at LN. Hes even buying the team matching  gables and getting the mascot changed to a hawk-eye so Coach Gable feels at home, and my dad didnt want to be unfair to all the big guys so hes bringing in Steve Mocco to be heavy weight assistant under Coach Gunn. He also has decided to bring in Paul Donahoe since his acting career is over. Just givin an update ;)

He did bring Donahoe in for a camp several years ago...lol

I'm just saying what most people won't. Is his dad going to be able to buy the coaching staff he wants. After running off one of the best coaching staffs in the state.

You are not saying what most won't.  You are coming off as jealous.  Maybe you were not a blue chip wrestler, and your family couldn't financially provide like his can? I know mine could not have; however, if I thought my son had better opportunities, and I felt my finances could further his overall progression in education and wrestling....I would not hesitate.  He is lucky to have these opportunities, and in no way should that be seen as a negative. 

Haters, nathans dad will do whatever it takes too see that his son gets the best coaches in his corner. The boys from l n are some of the best if not the best when it comes to excellent coaches I'm sure they are walkin around with "wood" knowing they have another 3 yrs too develope this young man into an outstanding wrestler which we already know that he is. Its win,win situation on both ends!

Haters, nathans dad will do whatever it takes too see that his son gets the best coaches in his corner. The boys from l n are some of the best if not the best when it comes to excellent coaches I'm sure they are walkin around with "wood" knowing they have another 3 yrs too develope this young man into an outstanding wrestler which we already know that he is. Its win,win situation on both ends!

Haters??? WOW!!! That's Harsh

The question is not do you have enough money to do the things you think are right.  How about buy uniforms for the team?  Giving your kids advantages in their life is awesome for a parent.  However, some parents cross the line because they think money means they can tell the coach how to coach.  For example they may want you to do a certain favor for their son.  They may text you all day telling you what "their son needs".  Coaches have to be very careful when money and parents get mixed in with a program.  You don't want the parents feeling like the  coach owes them something.  Donate money and time, Great.  Expect extra favors forget it.  Just my two cents worth. 

The question is not do you have enough money to do the things you think are right.  How about buy uniforms for the team?  Giving your kids advantages in their life is awesome for a parent.  However, some parents cross the line because they think money means they can tell the coach how to coach.  For example they may want you to do a certain favor for their son.  They may text you all day telling you what "their son needs".  Coaches have to be very careful when money and parents get mixed in with a program.  You don't want the parents feeling like the  coach owes them something.  Donate money and time, Great.  Expect extra favors forget it.  Just my two cents worth. 

Great post

Sound like politics.  Good post.