Good Camps?

FurgaSonic

Hit up a club that goes all summer long that will be better for you than a camp where you learn a bunch of fancy smancy moves that you forget a week later.  Going two or three days a week for three months will do more for you than going to a camp for a week.

Y2...you wouldnt be referring to a particular roadrunner wrestling club located up in BEAUTIFUL Garrett Indiana would you??

I agree, if you have the time and money go a club weekly.  If you want to go to a week long camp, it depends on your skill level. 

Sectional Level:  I would reccomend Chertow's camp

Regional Level:  J Robinson  or Chertow's Super gold medal camp

Semi-State:  Jeff Jordan or Chertow's Super gold (Travel out of state to the East)

State:  Jordan

If you are in middle school Primetime is a great camp. 

The key to going to anycamp is working on the technique daily when you get home.  If you go to a camp in June and don't start practice until November, you will forget 99% of what you learned. 

For the average middle school and high school wrestlers still trying to hammer out solid technique a few skills clinics and a good RTC program to practice them in may be the best first step.For the  skilled high school guys some of the big name camps may be good.  Not sure these super camps will add a ton to the wrestlers ability (since they already have a lot) but they will surely help with giving them solid competition and mental preperation.  

I've been very fond of the 2 or 3 day clinics the last few years.  Easier to convince kids and parents to attend based on  schedules and cost.  They still has legit coaches that teach solid skills needed just as you would find at many camps.  If you spend some time reviewing and practicing later it seems like you can get just as much out of a few of them as you would a whole week long camp.  In all honesty most wrestlers can learn just as much from a knowledgable high school coach, college assistant coach, or former college wrestler at a clinic as they would from a big name camps.   I just wish more cost effective clinics featuring these type of guys were available around the state for middle school and mid-range high school guys looking to get better.  

Anybody know of any good summer camps to go to?

I know of the J. Robinson but that's about it.

my oldest son went to j. rob before his freshman year of high school and loved it....extremely intense workouts geared to show you what you can push your body and mind to do....basically boot camp geared around wrestling....not for kids that are out of shape or not hard workers.....they even stress to you to be IN SHAPE before you get there.....hard core training at it's best!

my oldest son went to j. rob before his freshman year of high school and loved it....extremely intense workouts geared to show you what you can push your body and mind to do....basically boot camp geared around wrestling....not for kids that are out of shape or not hard workers.....they even stress to you to be IN SHAPE before you get there.....hard core training at it's best!

I think its hillarious that J Rob now also offers a basketball and hockey camp, as well.  While I'm sure he brings in top notch basketball guys I wonder if the campers know they are getting training thats framwork was designed out of the mind of a wrestling coach.  Funny they have to go to what began as a wrestling camp to improve their basketball skills.

In my opinion out of state camps are the best, they let you get expierience on what some of the other kids around the nation wrestle like and you more then likly won't see them throughout the year. I've been to two different states for camp and it's really a different expierence then going to some local thursday, friday, saturday camp (even though any type of off season wrestling will help you immensly).

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.