Mason Todd

wrestler60160

better refs  next time...and it wasnt just this match that had some bad calls today at new castle...

Here's your sign...mama always said if you are that worried about any game, don't leave it in the hands of the ref/umpire

155733289_44299089e6.jpg

better refs  next time...and it wasnt just this match that had some bad calls today at new castle...

I'm a Phillips fan but my understanding is Todd took him down 3 times, I'm not a doctor but I'm pretty sure that has nothing to the ref. That being said I believe Phillips will take this lost to heart knowing he can be beat and work if butt off to make sure it doesn't happen again. I'd like to see a rematch but I feel Brooks and Petrov have other plans. I'm going with Phillips next week but this could be a fun and interesting weight class to watch.

Great Match! Todd wrestled extremely well and truly dominated this match from beginning to end. I am an outsider with no wrestler in this match and I saw no bad calls in this match,  if any were made it never affected the outcome. Mason Todd went out there and took it to Phillips and got a well deserved victory. To say it wont happen again.........from what I have seen of Mason Todd if he shows up like that every match he is VERY capable of beating any kid out there. Great job Mason and it was a pleasure to watch you handle business today!

Todd clearly won handily...ref's whistles had no bearing on the match.

I would like to commend Cody Phillips on how he conducted himself after the defeat, like a TRUE CHAMP. No crying, no slapping the mat, no ripping off and throwing the anklet. He stood up like a man, shook Mason's hand, got his gear from his coaches and calmly walked up the stairs. I used it to show my son how he should act when things don't turn out like he wants them to.

I, like many of you am a Phillips fan...I also know that Todd is a beast as well. This kid went out there and left it all on the mat. He dominated this match. Great job all day...You looked great...

Here is a quote from Cody from Indy Star..."I know he's tough.  He's undefeated for a reason.  He came out with a better game plan than I had.  I just got outwrestled."

Sounds to me like he flatout got beat, & owns up to it immediatly.  But you can keep making excuses he doesnt want if you like  Wrestler33. ;D

so im just sayin that if the ref. gives cody the takedown that he had easy at the beginning of the match...this match goes a competely different way...but it looks like we wont even see todd and phillips again

That makes the score 7-5 which by the way 1 point came in the final seconds when Mason Todd was riding Phillips and let him up a cpl seconds before the buzzer sounded so coulda been 7-4. Phillips isnt on here whining so why are u? Also why dont u think there will be a re-match? U don't believe Phillips will make it that far? 2 very good wrestlers and if anyone counts either 1 out or overlooks either 1 then they could be very surprised.

so im just sayin that if the ref. gives cody the takedown that he had easy at the beginning of the match...this match goes a competely different way...but it looks like we wont even see todd and phillips again

What about the finals of state... a match I'm sure Phillips wants.

That makes the score 7-5 which by the way 1 point came in the final seconds when Mason Todd was riding Phillips and let him up a cpl seconds before the buzzer sounded so coulda been 7-4. Phillips isnt on here whining so why are u? Also why dont u think there will be a re-match? U don't believe Phillips will make it that far? 2 very good wrestlers and if anyone counts either 1 out or overlooks either 1 then they could be very surprised.

I think what he's saying is if Phillips got the 1st take down it would have been a different match which is true, it's not often Phillips don't get the first takedown so I'm sure he was stunned. But the bad call is pointless cause he shouldn't put a take down in the refs hands. Cody is a great wrestler and will learn from his mistakes and I feel only positive can happen and the ref shouldn't be blamed. Todd wrestled like a beat and took him down 3 times and was the better wrestler that match and I hope to see a rematch. Oh he probably doesn't think that Todd will make it too the finals just like Petrov is hoping.

I believe that petrov will beat todd...and yes todd did wrestle a very good match...im not taking the match away from him in anyway...it was very good win and he will never forget beating cody...but i would love to see a rematch in the state finals...just dont see it happening

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.