Illegal move quiz

I dont see the illegal headlock.  You are allowed to lock after nearfall criteria has been met if there's no pressure around the neck. (example guillotine, grapevine where you're locked under and lifting the head)

From the 2010-11 case book, page 43 Rule 7.1.5 situation C:

Is it a headlock anytime the arms encircle the head and lock? Consider the situation where Wrestler A has a double grapevine and the two wrestlers are belly to belly in a pinning situation.  If Wrestler A reaches under the head of the opponent and locks or overlaps the hands to lift the opponents headin order to prevent a bridge, would this be considered an illegal headlock?

Ruling: This is not a headlock because the pressure applied here is against the head and not around it.  The pressure would be no different than the pressure applied against the head when using a 3/4 nelson.

that would be a power half, nothing illegal, should of been 4 point nearfall,

if a ref stops the match of a wrestler tht is hurt and he is on his back it is 4 point nearfall no matter what the count.

again nothing illegal, i run power halfs harder than that and have never been called.

that would be a power half, nothing illegal, should of been 4 point nearfall,

if a ref stops the match of a wrestler tht is hurt and he is on his back it is 4 point nearfall no matter what the count.

again nothing illegal, i run power halfs harder than that and have never been called.

no. wrong in every way possible

Brick dumbas. the power half is run when wrestler A is on is belly and wrestler B in on wrestler A back.  not when both wrestlers on on their back.  i would love for my elem. team to wrestle you guys if you don't even know what a power half is.

Many of you are looking at the wrong thing.  At :23 seconds on the video, the top guy reaches over to the far side for one second and locks up an illegal headlock then immediately lets go.  Tim stops it and calls it absolutely correctly.  State finals official making a clearly correct call.  Nothing up until that point was illegal or up for discussion.

It was an illegal headlock.  He was out to the side and he reached over and locked his hands to try and pull him back, and then he let go. 

Look just as the assistant referee walks past the wrestlers and you can see top man reach over and lock his hands.

Good call Tim

Feez

I saw the illegal headlock.  Good call.

What we really need are a couple of videos where we can argue about whether there was a takedown or not (either at the edge of the mat or at the buzzer).  That seems to be the area with the greatest discrepancy from ref to ref (or even match to match).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.