Run The Table

hammer

As much as everyone like to see the takedown clinics that lead to Tech Falls I really have a huge respect for the athletes that can find a way to pin everyone or almost everyone through the state series.  I think that shows a certain degree of dominance that is very rare and to me it may be more impressive than just the takdown clinic to TF.

I don't know how he did in sectionals and regionals but Connor Mullins pinned everyone today. He is impressive, hope he and Tsirtsis meet up.

It was almost unfair, no one had a chance, it was like Mullins was a 3x time returning state champ, but at the SAME token it was probably the weakest semi state at 130 but he took care of business like he should of.....

I know at Conseco nothing is a given, but who do you think can run the table in their respective weight class?  I am talking about guys who can go out there and dominate all 4 matches wether by pinning, majoring, or tech falling their way to a championship.

Also, who do you think has had the most dominant state tourney in the last decade?

Braden Atwood at 189 could " Run the table". He has pinned his way through sectional, regional and semi-state!

I would agree, as I said on an earlier post 189 is down this year, Atwood is a stud, and no Stevenson. Atwood will Dominate this weekend. And a freshman will finish  in the top four.

Duckworth at 171 has the potetial to dominate same with philips... I'm not saying the will im just saying the have a shot at dominating.

I'd have to say Atwood at 189 probably has the best chance to dominate 189... it just dont look as strong as it did at the begining of the season when Duckworth and Stevenson was still there. Silga could possably be the second best wrestler in the weight class... I know Johnson-jones pinned him but I heard Silga looked like the better wrestler before getting pinned. Duckworth beat Silga 9-2 so I'm thinking Atwood could beat him just as bad if not worse.

I really would like to see someone pin their way through to a state championship.  We have seen several takedown clinics lately, but its been few an far between that someone has taken it to the mat and got pinned almost everyone to get a state title.  Not sure it would be a record, but if someone could pin everyone from sectionals to the finals  (or even just pin everyone at the state competition) they would be in a very rare group.  I've been waiting several years to see someone accomplish this.  The only think I would think of that would be more rare would be getting a pin in every match the entire season and when that day comes we will have a very impressive athlete.

Conner won by Default at Regional in the finals vs clark.  I dunno if Clark took the mat. 

They too the mat and just shook hands and the ref just raised Connors hand  and I had no clue , it caught me by surspise, I thought we were good to go, I was VERY upset that they didnt wrestle, i think he had a minor injury, well he dodged Mullins to get healthier and Now he can't dodge TSIRTIS

103  Phillips  to much hype in the m-ville ss  (Petrov-Brooks)  the  2nd of 4 titles

130  Tristis      automatic

145  Roach      On a mission 

160  Mac      Thanks for the memmories (  3  titles  )

171  Duck          automatic

HWT  Travis      (Region  big man)

Anyone can be beat , These 6 you can take to the bank.

Top Twenty All-Time Career Pin Leaders ......  found here.... http://www.ihswca.com/matburns.htm

Rank

Name - Career Pins  - Graduation Year -  High School

Angel Escobedo 156 2005 Griffith

Lance Ellis 151 1989 Indianapolis Cathedral

Andrae Hernandez 150 2004 Griffith

Alex Tsirtsis 144 2004 Griffith

Christopher Kasten 135 2005 Winamac

Greg Schaefer 132 1998 Evansville Mater Dei

Matt Coughlin 125 2005 Evansville Mater Dei

Keith Garrard 125 2003 New Castle

Jason Cook 123 2002 Valparaiso

Andrew Howe 120 2008 Hanover Central

Craig Macke 117 2003 Evansville Mater Dei

John Sheets 114 2003 Bellmont

Blake Mauer 114 2004 Evansville Mater Dei

Matt Fitzgerald 113 1994 New Castle

Damon Hummel 111 1994 Rochchester

John Levitz 108 1994 Prairie Heights

Matt Hasbrook 108 2000 Indianapolis Cathedral

Kyle Meinika 107 2004 Columbia City

Paul Gunsett 106 1988 Bellmont

Shannon Stout 106 1994 Delta

Tim Myers 105 1995 Bellmont

Brennan Cosgrove 105 2008 Hobart

103  Phillips  to much hype in the m-ville ss  (Petrov-Brooks)  the  2nd of 4 titles

130  Tristis       automatic

145  Roach       On a mission 

160  Mac       Thanks for the memmories (   3  titles  )

171  Duck           automatic

HWT   Travis      (Region  big man)

Anyone can be beat , These 6 you can take to the bank.

Maybe 2 to the bank but not 6 man!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.