The Rioux Dynasty

How many medals and honors does this family have? I know there are I believe two younger Rioux’s as well? What this family has done is nothing short of incredible. Off the top of my head, Eight state medals, five finals appearances, and now a state title. Props to them, finally bringing that title home

15 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Ahhhhh…. There is 2 more lil’Rioux coming to add to their name sake . 

Torturing the state for years to come. As an Avon man if you had to ball park it how many ISWA titles do you think that family has?

There are more of them. 🙄 lol. They all have a lot in common - incredibly humble, talented, and sportsmanlike.  Like you hate losing to them but always find yourself rooting for them against anyone else. It’s a really awkward feeling that I still can’t wrap my brain around.  Seriously, really weird.  Win or lose they always show class and they are also always ridiculously good at wrestling. So much respect for that family….and we are their “rival”.  I can’t root against them when they aren’t wrestling Brownsburg.  Again, very strange.  I’m going to go see a psychologist. 

My favorite interview of the night was when Dickman mentioned that his opponent in the Finals - Nathan Rioux -  was his first ever practice partner at age 4.

I know that BB & Avon are rivals from the same county, so it wasn't exactly mind-shattering to hear, but it was very cool just the same.

I don't know the Rioux family. But knowing this sport & the kids they have put forward, I can't imagine anything but great things.

4 hours ago, Darrick Snyder said:

There are more of them. 🙄 lol. They all have a lot in common - incredibly humble, talented, and sportsmanlike.  Like you hate losing to them but always find yourself rooting for them against anyone else. It’s a really awkward feeling that I still can’t wrap my brain around.  Seriously, really weird.  Win or lose they always show class and they are also always ridiculously good at wrestling. So much respect for that family….and we are their “rival”.  I can’t root against them when they aren’t wrestling Brownsburg.  Again, very strange.  I’m going to go see a psychologist. 

Ok coach, the Finals were just yesterday. You can take one day off from recruiting.😜

Congrats on the win yesterday. The Purple Dogs looked awesome as always.

7 hours ago, Darrick Snyder said:

Since I do have my LLC in Doctorism, I think your suffering for #TheCountyism is pretty common in Hendricks County . Hell ! I got it real bad . 

Awesome match by Rioux for the title.   Did Schaefer beat Rioux three times this year prior to that match?  If so, I don't know what is harder:

- winning 4 matches in a row against the same opponent

- after being beat 3 times by the same guy, then coming back and beating them when it counts