Qualifier parent tickets?

12 minutes ago, BrodyHardcastle said:

Well yes but if it’s the only option come that time then what do you do🤷🏻‍♂️ You’d figure IHSAA and ticketmaster would make this a little easier process being a couple years into doing this now.

How many times can they miss so bad without being held accountable? Seems like a pretty high level position to be so obviously bad at.

10 minutes ago, BrodyHardcastle said:

Well yes but if it’s the only option come that time then what do you do🤷🏻‍♂️ You’d figure IHSAA and ticketmaster would make this a little easier process being a couple years into doing this now.

Just got off the phone with Ticketmaster both sessions are available tomorrow to the public in a package deal. So parents are stuck with the dilemma of hoping everything goes right Friday or double purchasing tickets Wednesday to make sure they have a seat for Saturday. 

4 minutes ago, mcnorthcarolina said:

Just got off the phone with Ticketmaster both sessions are available tomorrow to the public in a package deal. So parents are stuck with the dilemma of hoping everything goes right Friday or double purchasing tickets Wednesday to make sure they have a seat for Saturday. 

Sucky situation for qualifiers families. Best of luck to you and your boys this weekend.

Edited by BrodyHardcastle

I called the IHSAA yesterday. The person I spoke with was already irritated as I was the “10th parent that had called” if they didn’t routinely screw this up they wouldn’t get numerous phone calls about this situation. I also asked them where the priority should be regarding attendance. My stance is that parents and families should be prioritized. Giving each wrestler 2 tickets in a venue that holds nearly 10,000 people, with the layout we will be using, is unacceptable. Giving each wrestler even 4 tickets is only approximately 9% of the venue’s capacity. Allowing all qualifying parents access to weekend passes is a fairly simply concept. They are not interested in budging.

The idea of all winning Friday wrestlers’ parents being bunched together also seems like it could make for an interesting Saturday.

On 2/10/2024 at 10:57 PM, Y2CJ41 said:

11 left, 2 at 106 and 3 at 132

106- Mason Jones- Lake Central
106- Jensen Boyd- Delta
113- Ayden Bollinger- Delta
132- Jackson Bradley- Cowan
132- Tylin Thrine- New Castle
132- Hayden DeMarco- Chesterton
138- Tony Wood- Jay County
144- Easton Doster- New Haven
175- Aidan Costello- Hobart
190- Noah Weaver- Rossville
285- Juan Cruz- Bluffton

3 minutes ago, ZZ TOP said:

For Friday’s session? 

yes. Not many on the sides but a bunch on one of the ends.

Clearly (2) Friday only tickets per qualifier demonstrates that the decision makers for the IHSAA just don't get it. But we have been shown for decades that they don't.

It's a complete shame & the IHSAA should be embarrassed. But again clueless individuals don't understand that they should be embarrassed.

1 minute ago, ZZ TOP said:

It doesn’t look like there will be much to choose from tomorrow. Where did they all go I wonder? 

From what I understand from what Faulkens said on the Belmont radio show.  He mentioned they only opened so many seats for the parents and any that are not bought will go back into the pot for the public.  So I think what we are seeing in the picture is the parent only seats that are available.

1 minute ago, ZZ TOP said:

It doesn’t look like there will be much to choose from tomorrow. Where did they all go I wonder? 

I would assume that what you see is only what is left of what was made available to the parents. Not what is left overall. But it is the IHSAA we are talking about, so...

22 minutes ago, SIACfan said:

I would assume that what you see is only what is left of what was made available to the parents. Not what is left overall. But it is the IHSAA we are talking about, so...

I believe you are correct.  The public seats will be released with the non purchased parent tickets to the masses at 10AM.

1 hour ago, mcnorthcarolina said:

Has anyone asked how many tickets can be purchased at a time? I think last year it was 8.

An idea was mentioned on the Indianamat podcast last night along the lines of allowing each school a block of tickets that amounts to 10 tickets per qualifier, grouped together in a section.

Assuming these would be all session tickets, I was thinking this would eliminate about 90% of the issues we are discussing this week.

Athletes, coaches, families, and fans from one team would have seats together and they would have them for the whole tournament.

The main drawback that people might still complain about is where the seats are located vs. other people having better seats, etc. And it wouldn't allow for every single supporter of that team to sit together.

If they went this route it would account for about 2,500 of the 9,500 seats (26%) and would eliminate a lot of the headaches.

Edited by Silence Dogood

41 minutes ago, Silence Dogood said:

An idea was mentioned on the Indianamat podcast last night along the lines of allowing each school a block of tickets that amounts to 10 tickets per qualifier, grouped together in a section.

Assuming these would be all session tickets, I was thinking this would eliminate about 90% of the issues we are discussing this week.

Athletes, coaches, families, and fans from one team would have seats together and they would have them for the whole tournament.

The main drawback that people might still complain about is where the seats are located vs. other people having better seats, etc. And it wouldn't allow for every single supporter of that team to sit together.

If they went this route it would account for about 2,500 of the 9,500 seats (26%) and would eliminate a lot of the headaches.

Not saying it's a bad idea but some solutions cause other problems. Some schools have more than 10 fans per wrestler. I think we'd still be in a tight spot either way.

1 hour ago, Ahawkeye said:

Not saying it's a bad idea but some solutions cause other problems. Some schools have more than 10 fans per wrestler. I think we'd still be in a tight spot either way.

I don't think the idea here is to allow entire fan bases to sit together. It is so the school will have tickets for the coaches & trainer, and the individual qualifiers will then have a more reasonable amount of tickets for family.

Let's say a school has 3 qualifiers. Now the 2 coaches & trainer that get a free entry can all also have a seat to sit in & the qualifiers will still have 9 tickets each for family. I'm sure some wrestlers could use more than 9 while others would only need a few. But this is at least reasonable compared to the 2 tickets allotted per qualifier this year.