Incident report from the IHSGW State Championships.

On 1/21/2024 at 6:48 PM, IndianaGirlsWrestling said:

So, I did in fact, choose the right path, and still was ejected. 

Chose the right path?

I do not know all the details, but I do know what I heard you say to your wrestlers.

We were sitting next to you in the warm up gym when you looked at your girls and told them to not take their hats off for anybody.  To just keep walking.  You even told them that you do not bow down to anyone.

My assistant and I were taken back by the comments you made and could not believe that you would encourage your girls to blatantly disobey security.

Once again, I do not know all the info about what happened between you and Faulkens, but I do know that you were setting up a confrontation when you told your team to refuse to remove their hats.

57 minutes ago, AJ said:

Chose the right path?

I do not know all the details, but I do know what I heard you say to your wrestlers.

We were sitting next to you in the warm up gym when you looked at your girls and told them to not take their hats off for anybody.  To just keep walking.  You even told them that you do not bow down to anyone.

My assistant and I were taken back by the comments you made and could not believe that you would encourage your girls to blatantly disobey security.

Once again, I do not know all the info about what happened between you and Faulkens, but I do know that you were setting up a confrontation when you told your team to refuse to remove their hats.

👀👀👀

13 hours ago, awill0352 said:

Whoever told you cowbells are not allowed at ihsaa post season football games is incorrect.    I posted the restrictions below.  Football official here by the way. 

Our school played in a Semi-State Championship football game recently and the host school told us in advance they don’t allow cowbells. Some of our parents learned cowbells in fact are NOT prohibited and that the host school was making their own rules for the event. Our AD and Coaches wisely told our parents to just drop it and comply and let the team focus on game prep. Personally I didn’t care as I don’t necessarily love cowbells but it did make me wonder if there is a potential slippery slope with host sites making up certain restrictions beyond IHSAA rules that they see fit. Telling other teams how they may or may not cheer. PS - this comment was in regards to noise postings above and not “glittergate”. Certainly if they could be a health hazard I can understand not allowing hats with glitter so that is not my point. 

6 minutes ago, Lawdiggity said:

Our school played in a Semi-State Championship football game recently and the host school told us in advance they don’t allow cowbells. Some of our parents learned cowbells in fact are NOT prohibited and that the host school was making their own rules for the event. Our AD and Coaches wisely told our parents to just drop it and comply and let the team focus on game prep. Personally I didn’t care as I don’t necessarily love cowbells but it did make me wonder if there is a potential slippery slope with host sites making up certain restrictions beyond IHSAA rules that they see fit. Telling other teams how they may or may not cheer. PS - this comment was in regards to noise postings above and not “glittergate”. Certainly if they could be a health hazard I can understand not allowing hats with glitter so that is not my point. 

Cowbells and glitter aren't exactly necessary at either event. In the end no one will remember if glitter or cowbells were there, but they'll remember a parent causing a distraction and getting booted from the event. There are battles to fight, these aren't ones that would be high on my priority list. To be honest a coach focusing on cowbells or glitter is wasting time and not getting their kids properly prepared for a big event.  People seem too worried about fighting these pointless battles and having the focus be on them instead of the kids.

1 hour ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Cowbells and glitter aren't exactly necessary at either event. In the end no one will remember if glitter or cowbells were there, but they'll remember a parent causing a distraction and getting booted from the event. There are battles to fight, these aren't ones that would be high on my priority list. To be honest a coach focusing on cowbells or glitter is wasting time and not getting their kids properly prepared for a big event.  People seem too worried about fighting these pointless battles and having the focus be on them instead of the kids.

So I totally agree which is why I pointed out - 1) I’m not a cowbell fan anyway, and 2) our AD and Coaches asked those parents to “drop it” and they did. No argument from me. I am pointing out that host schools in football do seemingly try to layer rules on top of IHSAA host rules. While the cowbell scenario is silly, just pointing out a slippery slope when hosts get to make the rules as they go.  No stomping on bleachers?  Cheer only when your team scores?  Silly scenarios, I know, but so was so “no cowbell” (insert Will Ferrel meme) when you hear it pretty much everywhere. And again, I even hate the cowbell but just thought it was funny we got a list of rules to attend a football game. 

13 hours ago, AJ said:

Chose the right path?

He got reallllllyyy quiet after this one, what a loser. People that can’t follow simple rules due to some inflated ego or whatever have no space teach youth anything… 

On 1/21/2024 at 6:48 PM, IndianaGirlsWrestling said:

Gary, your statement is flawed and has holes in it. If you were a fictional writer i would have an easier time believing this. Let’s not forget I have 18 minutes and 8 seconds of this entire conversation being recorded which Robert knew was being recorded that proves the hats left the building after Robert told me to take them out. So, I did in fact, choose the right path, and still was ejected. 

I guess the quote from A.J Bradley this morning has you baffled! You might want to go back and read it. He heard you tell your girls and I quote “ Girls keep your hats on we don’t bow down to anyone.” 

Edited by Ironbear

Well, it appears the truth has finally prevailed in this unfortunate incident.  The fact that a head wrestling coach (who is also a teacher) has come forth and gave eyewitness details pretty much dissolved it. It is my understanding that 2 more head coaches have contacted the parties involved and gave collaborating eyewitness accounts of Delois' plan to defy any type of authority and wear the hats anyway.  

However, it now appears Mr. Delois is attempting to continue with his lies seeking the attention in the law enforcement arena.  If I were a good friend to Mr. DeLois, I would advise him to stop lying and to stop defaming individuals.  I would also advise him there are remedies for defamation of character, not to mention, remedies for lying on a police report.  I would advise him those remedies will play out in a court of law (instead of the court of public opinion) either on the civil side for defamation of character, or the criminal side for lying on a police report.

Edited by brian103