Crown Point vs Mt Carmel

41 minutes ago, rookie78 said:

Entertaining dual, plus I liked all the stalling calls......MAKE 'EM WRESTLE!

I liked that too, especially the double stalling call. The mat seemed a little small though and the edge calls for stalling while engaged or circling out of a tie was borderline but I‘ll take that over letting them not engage. 

13 minutes ago, Regionrat1 said:

Mitty fine coaching by Big Hawk , Sessa and Company. They did the curly shuffle to make the match up work. Little hawk beating the other hoosier is a nice one. With that kinda bloodbath Im surprised they are not locked up at 26th and California. Nevermind it is govoner cheeseburgers state with the procecutor who lets you walk out with posting no bond. Good job boys !!

Hawk and Sessa are the best in the business, along with the guy coaching across the mat from them.

Could you imagine what Andrean would be like if about 10 years ago they would have hired Tsirtsis, Sessa and Hawkins?  Brought the RWA family under one roof instead of splitting them between Mt Carmel and Crown Point.  Andrean would not only be the Mater Dei of the north, but would be a top 5 team nationally.

4 hours ago, BIGCATSontheMAT said:

Who’s commentating this on the region YouTube. He is electric

Haha yeah that dude is awesome! I think he called the Carnahan and 4A Dual State too. He is very entertaining.

I did like the stall calls but the stall call on Gavin Lewis in the 3rd period was crazy.  He was down one and pushing the action?  Maybe I missed a penalty point against him instead of a stall?  But overall the refs were good.  Took awhile to call some pins.

1 hour ago, smitty11 said:

I did like the stall calls but the stall call on Gavin Lewis in the 3rd period was crazy.  He was down one and pushing the action?  Maybe I missed a penalty point against him instead of a stall?  But overall the refs were good.  Took awhile to call some pins.

I thought the first one against him was bad, too. The other guy had an arm bar and was trying to turn him and Gavin was actively fighting against getting turned. 

14 hours ago, greco165 said:

Loved the intensity, but this guy was pretty cringe. "Ah yes, no one outside of the extreme NW of Indiana can recognize blue collar"

That's what the Region believes!

That being said, Crown Point was more than impressive.  Next level intensity and preparation.

14 hours ago, Ghengis86 said:

I liked that too, especially the double stalling call. The mat seemed a little small though and the edge calls for stalling while engaged or circling out of a tie was borderline but I‘ll take that over letting them not engage. 

I appreciate the refs.  If all Indiana refs were directed to call quick stalling (and fleeing), Indiana wrestling would dramatically improve in the course of a single season.

On 1/16/2024 at 8:37 PM, hook and half said:

"people down south don't get this,  We are blue collar,  we work hard,  if you are stalling, we are going to call you on it,"

But it took one minute for him to admit those quick stalling calls are fake, and next match to complain about the stall call on CP!

Not criticizing the announcing, just disagreeing on stalling calls.

Edited by Steve Smith
clarification

On 1/16/2024 at 7:24 PM, Ghengis86 said:

CPs head coach - Bill Hawkins

announcer - Anthony Hawkins, Bill’s Son

CP’s 126 - Landon Hawkins-  bumped up to 132 to wrestle Evan Stanley and won in 2nd OT

Did he bump to get Stanley or to avoid Mendoza?

11 hours ago, Keepitlegal said:

Did he bump to get Stanley or to avoid Mendoza?

Yes. I think he got pinned by Seth at Ironman. I think the calculus was to take a chance at 132 and hope 126 was meaningless by the time the dual was over. Turned out to be the right call, although a rematch to end the dual would have been cool. 132 was a great match too. 

Sidenote:

An MC vs CP special tonight where I am here in Columbus, OH:

#19 true freshman Sergio Lemley (UM) vs. #3 true sophomore Jesse Mendez (OSU)

Lemley just gave #2 Bartlett of PSU a killer 7-5 match last weekend. Should be a fun one tonight.

Sergio is a great kid and from the Region.  I'm a fan.  I have personally watched Sergio and Jesse live wrestle in practice and it's not very close.

Mendez will win by bonus, maybe TF

Ragusin will win by bonus against Bouzakis, maybe TF

22 minutes ago, TrueRegionFan said:

Sergio is a great kid and from the Region.  I'm a fan.  I have personally watched Sergio and Jesse live wrestle in practice and it's not very close.

Mendez will win by bonus, maybe TF

Ragusin will win by bonus against Bouzakis, maybe TF

I think it will be closer than many might think.  Lemely is tough.  They know each pretty well.  Mendez 8-3.  Lemely was always much smaller than Mendez

Edited by smitty11