Team State Seeding

Disclaimer:

There is probably some seeding criteria used to separate teams.

Seedings and rankings may be the same number, or maybe not.

Brackets may not be in numerical or alphabetical order, but they could be in reverse alphabetical....based on mascot.

Brackets may or may not be released in class size order.

Edited by rookie78

14 minutes ago, rookie78 said:

Disclaimer:

There is probably some seeding criteria used to separate teams.

Seedings and rankings maybe the same number.

Brackets may not be in numerical or alphabetical order, but they could be in reverse alphabetical....based on mascot.

Brackets may or may be released in class size order.

Episode 1 Mind Blown GIF by The Office

12 hours ago, formercollegekid said:

But why? I'm surprised Warren Central is seeded below Mater Dei ? 

I would have thought Perry Meridian would have received a seed over Warren & MD. I can see why Warren was seeded lower due to their loss from a very good 3A Greenfield-Central. 

#BringBackTheTights

On 12/31/2023 at 2:08 PM, Greg Ratliff said:

Seeds will be released tomorrow at 6 PM on Dane’s radio show.

happy New Years!

To me, it seems like Holiday tournament performances this past week were not a factor for the seeding. 

Is this just my perception or did holiday tourney results get factored into the equation? 

Asking for a friend… 🤣

Edited by jonah7474

2 hours ago, jonah7474 said:

To me, it seems like Holiday tournament performances this past week were not a factor for the seeding. 

Is this just my perception or did holiday tourney results get factored into the equation? 

Asking for a friend… 🤣

So your friend is a head to head guy? 

17 hours ago, ZZ TOP said:

So your friend is a head to head guy? 

More so as the season progresses because wrestlers should be getting better. It’s quite possible the dual meet at the beginning of the season was not indicative to what the wrestle is capable of (win or lose). That said, I would think there should be some relevance to what has happened most recently. 

For example, Greenfield Central beat New Pal by 40 points at the Spartan Classic but does Greenfield Centrals seed reflect that? Maybe… I truly don’t know hence the question. 

On the front end, I know there are a lot of factors going into tournaments vs. duals and in no way shape or form am I suggesting Greenfield Central is better than New Pal or vice versa. 

What I am saying is if there wasn’t any consideration given to holiday results, I would suggest for them to be a consideration in the future. 

2 hours ago, jonah7474 said:

More so as the season progresses because wrestlers should be getting better. It’s quite possible the dual meet at the beginning of the season was not indicative to what the wrestle is capable of (win or lose). That said, I would think there should be some relevance to what has happened most recently. 

For example, Greenfield Central beat New Pal by 40 points at the Spartan Classic but does Greenfield Centrals seed reflect that? Maybe… I truly don’t know hence the question. 

On the front end, I know there are a lot of factors going into tournaments vs. duals and in no way shape or form am I suggesting Greenfield Central is better than New Pal or vice versa. 

What I am saying is if there wasn’t any consideration given to holiday results, I would suggest for them to be a consideration in the future. 

New Pal beat Greenfield-Central in a dual.

I would imagine that the people seeding this took that into consideration more than an individual tournament with 32 teams. 

5 hours ago, QuinnHarris said:

New Pal beat Greenfield-Central in a dual.

I would imagine that the people seeding this took that into consideration more than an individual tournament with 32 teams. 

Yep… and agreed… I just don’t think the individual tournaments were considered at all.