1a team state

8 hours ago, Honyock said:

I'm pretty sure that was decided at the end of last year so most people already know. Another lesson learned on Indianamat...don't let your friends drink and post. 

Saw this last night.  Had more to drink tonight.  Enough to chime in that Here come those Zebras!

Excited for a rematch of last year in the finals.  Hopefully it draws that way.

Word on the street, despite all of the success Cascade has already had this year, is that we could see the return of #10 ranked Liam Farmer into the line- up. Farmer was 42-4 last season dropping a ticket round match to Schroeder.

A full strength line-up plus some guys getting down to tourney weight may just make a recipe for a 1A Team State title!

#TheCounty

19 minutes ago, ontherise219 said:

Who are your top 4 seeds? 

Here’s what I’m predicting all four pods will be

1. Rochester

8. Southmont

South Adams 

4. Adams Central

5. Prairie Heights

North Posey

3. Tell City

6. Cowan

Winamac

2. Cascade

7. West Central

Bluffton

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

Here’s what I’m predicting all four pods will be

1. Rochester

8. Southmont

South Adams 

4. Adams Central

5. Prairie Heights

North Posey

3. Tell City

6. Cowan

Winamac

2. Cascade

7. West Central

Bluffton

Think you may have your starfires under rated in that!

28 minutes ago, QuinnHarris said:

Think you may have your starfires under rated in that!

Possibly! I was trying to predict what the committee will do and think it’ll be tough to get a seed as the last vote in. Then I assumed they’re still drawing the last four semi randomly, like not having us with AC or Cowan since we’ve already wrestled. 

14 minutes ago, Thor said:

Possibly! I was trying to predict what the committee will do and think it’ll be tough to get a seed as the last vote in. Then I assumed they’re still drawing the last four semi randomly, like not having us with AC or Cowan since we’ve already wrestled. 

We got the 5 Seed as a vote in last year ya never know!

I’ve said it before and will say it again, Tell City is the 2 time returning champions and only lost 1 senior from last year’s team. it will most definitely be a super competitive 1A tournament, but IMO the Marksmen should absolutely be the number one seed. Good luck to all of the teams next weekend.

18 hours ago, KLH said:

I’ve said it before and will say it again, Tell City is the 2 time returning champions and only lost 1 senior from last year’s team. it will most definitely be a super competitive 1A tournament, but IMO the Marksmen should absolutely be the number one seed. Good luck to all of the teams next weekend.

An incredibly talented team. Is Tell City forfeiting 2 weights? 

I don’t remember but last year they had 1 forfeit correct? Spotting 12 will be tough to over come 

1 hour ago, ontherise219 said:

An incredibly talented team. Is Tell City forfeiting 2 weights? 

I don’t remember but last year they had 1 forfeit correct? Spotting 12 will be tough to over come 

I asked this question earlier this year when they were forfeiting 3 weight classes in some duals.  They are loaded but 12 points is hard to spot a team, especially Rochester and Casscade! 

Again, Tell City spotted that same amount of points (18) every duel last year and still came out on top.  But, to answer your question, Tell City will most likely have 2 forfeits in their lineup for the tournament this weekend.

Think I heard someone on the live stream say "Forfeits?  Forfeits?  I ain't worried about no stinkin' forfeits!"

Tell City clinches the 1A Title with 5 Matches to go (assuming they don't lose a bunch of team points for conduct, ha ha)

I'm hungry for some pretzels!