Undefeated

1prouddad

37 minutes ago, awill0352 said:

How do some kids have 10-15 more matches than others?   

It depends a lot on schedule. Some teams have 2 day tournaments or have a lot of competition at the beginning vs the end of the season. Also injury/sickness plays a role in it some as well. 

5 hours ago, awill0352 said:

How do some kids have 10-15 more matches than others?   

Due to Covid we lost a 5 way meet and a few kids lost a couple of duals as well...

Some teams may also have the front part of their schedule heavier than the backside

Or maybe it just depends on the type of 2 or events the team is in

We do not wrestle in any individual tournaments so every weekend we get 5 matches and then our holiday tournament got us 9 matches over 2 days. Our team is at 28 matches and will be at about 35-38 by sectionals! Just depends how you use your weigh ins. I will say having all these matches will be good for us down the road!

Edited by QuinnHarris

12 minutes ago, awill0352 said:

Sorry I honestly don’t know the answer.  

I guess I’ve never seen anyone lose to the forfeit family(lol) 

now, as long as Johnny isn’t 21-0 Vs ff, then sure why not. Give them the recognition as well. 

11 hours ago, awill0352 said:

Forfeits don’t count correct? 

In my opinion they count if received in a dual meet if you're getting a BYE in an individual tournament that does not count towards your record. However a FF scores 6 points for the team in a dual meet and if you get a FF in an individual tournament it is 2 bonus points for your team. I think if you're earning your team points the win counts. Especially in duals where teams have a kid at the weight and decide not to wrestle them!

When sectional seeding meetings come around, winning % becomes seeding criteria.  However, winning % for this criteria is calculated WITHOUT ff's.

I feel it penalizes some kids, due to other teams not having kids at those weight classes or when coaches bump or sit a kid against you, for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, rookie78 said:

When sectional seeding meetings come around, winning % becomes seeding criteria.  However, winning % for this criteria is calculated WITHOUT ff's.

I feel it penalizes some kids, due to other teams not having kids at those weight classes or when coaches bump or sit a kid against you, for whatever reason.

Good to know as I will be heading into my first sectional seeding meeting this season. That will definitely hurt kids but oh well, with our state tournament you have to beat everyone to win it all!

11 hours ago, QuinnHarris said:

In my opinion they count if received in a dual meet if you're getting a BYE in an individual tournament that does not count towards your record. However a FF scores 6 points for the team in a dual meet and if you get a FF in an individual tournament it is 2 bonus points for your team. I think if you're earning your team points the win counts. Especially in duals where teams have a kid at the weight and decide not to wrestle them!

It appeared to me during the CP Carnahan Invite that forfeits first round only scored advancement points and not the 2 additional for a fall. CP had a couple more forfeits than Brownsburg first round, so they took the lead with bonus points.

The Al Smith Invite appeared to grant first round forfeits with both advancement and 2 bonus points so that a team wouldn’t fall behind in score from another that had an opportunity for a pin. Feel free to correct me if I perceived the scoring difference wrong. Is there a uniform rule about bonus points first round for forfeits? 

Undefeated sounds great but strength of schedule has a huge impact. Facing tough competition week in and week out will take you farther in the state tournament than a pretty record. Even a loss or two from top competition can be great learning opportunities. Everyone knows this.

With that said, my sophomore son is currently 17 - 0 (16 pins and a 2nd period tech fall). 25-0 including forfeits. He is unranked.  He was a semi state qualifier last year as a freshman. He flys under the radar because our schedule is weaker than most. That’s perfectly ok. I frequently remind him to stay humble and focused as he will face some hammers in the near future. It’s his job to be ready when that time comes. 💪

Edited by KBCclan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.