Mooresville Matchups

1gold

There will be great match ups at all the weights for sure (some more than others)

What I will say is that the brackets the coaches have now are being changed due to a large number of changes coming in at the last minute

Not even I have seen the overhauled bracket nor will I until tomorrow morning after weigh ins.

That being said here's a rundown of the previously listed wrestlers, some may not compete or may be at a different weight than posted:

106 has Mills from BBurg, Walendsach (spelling?) from cathedral, Stephenson from Terre Haute South, Casebolt from Castle, Curtis from Yorktown, And Denny from Monrovia. Logan Reams from Plainfield is pretty solid as well. Should be some battles in the lightest weight.

113: Hilighted by Stephenson (Yorktown) and Weaver (BBurg), but a solid middle pack includes Edgewood's Zane Sullivan, Westfield's Reid Hutson, Seymour's Isaiah Pichardo, Gosney from Bloomington North, Antunez from Jennings Co., Overton of Greenwood, Spencer Cox from Mooresville (17-4 currently with losses to Alec White, Mosconi, Weaver, and Mejia (Elkhart Mem)) along with Paterniti who pinned Weaver at County last week.

120: Hunt, Mulkey, Blaigh Rushing( Homestead), Dalton Craig (JC), and Keaton Fisher (Martinsville) all have good chances. Penegar from Seymour, Wymer from Mooresville and Capps from Monrovia have to be thinking podium as well.

126: State placer Bailey headlines this class with a matchup with Homestead's Jack Franklin in the semis, with Isaac Gomez and Carson Willis (Castle) lurking on the opposite side of the bracket. Other placement contenders will be Austin Cook (Northview), David Bryant (Ham Heights), Kreitzer (BBurg), Percival (BLN), and Shuffitt from Seymour.

132: Cathedral's Melloh and Homestead stud Drake Rhodes headline this loaded weight with Alex Barr of Yorktown, undefeated Jacob Schrader of GWood, BBurg's Bigelow, Tri's unbeaten Wes Craft, Edgewood's Levi Swinney, Zach Steele of Westfield, Braedon Clopton of Castle, Loy of Ham Heights, Hendrick's Co. Champ Tyler Summers of Plainfield, Dave Shuffitt of Seymour, Michael Craig (Mville), and the return of Kadin Poe from DC will all have shots at placing. All in all, 19 of the 23 wrestlers have solid winning records which should make for a very exciting two days.

138: Undefeated Evan Eldred of Westfield (won at 132 last year) is the frontrunner. Challenging him for the title will be (in no particular order) Keenan McDaniel of Evansville Central, State Qualifier Cael McCoy of Northview, Cathedral's Joe Devine, BBurg's Connor Allen, Yorktown's Rutter,Brooks Warten (JC), Hunter Haynes ( HH) and Austin Ramsey of Castle.

145: Bulldog Brayton Lee seems to be the guy to beat but multiple grapplers will have a shot at placing including Guerin Catholic's Dawson McMahon, Mooresville Senior Jake Hawkins, Homestead's Brady Wyro, Jennings County's Zane Beineke, Alara Boyd of Yorktown, Reichenbacker of Seymour, Riley White (HH), and Stephen Gibson of Northview. This one is going to be a crap shoot throughout the bracket (with one likely exception).

152: Yorktown's Cael McCormick will have a plethora of challengers including State Placer Andrew Herrin from Jennings Co., undefeated Trezdon O'Neal of HH, and Semi State Qualifier Jaylen Adkins of Decatur Central. Others trying to land on the podium include Troy Owen (BBurg), JT Lazzarra (Guerin), Ethan Stock (Monrovia), Connor Dean (Martinsville), and Zach Newton (Seymour). Very competitive weight here too.

160: Cayden Whitaker (2014 Champ@152 and state placer) will be challenged by Yorktown's Brad Laughlin, JC's Cole Chandler, and Castle's Jacob Farmer. Podium chasers will include Arkee Glover (BBurg), Mike Leonard (Guerin), Eli Stock (Monrovia), Braden Thomas (Seymour), John Inman of Bloomington North, and Andrew Sanders of Mooresville. This could be the best overall competition throughout the tourney.

170: This weight doesn't boast the big names of the past two, but these are no slouches with State placer Nate Walton leading the pack that includes Castle's Evan Dowell and Martinsville's Ethan Runyon. Others looking to place are Westfield's Liam Jagow, Guerin's Alex Iler, Plainfield's Danny Reams, and Northview's Hendrich. Could be lots of unknowns come up in this weight as well.

182: Another deep weight with a heavy favorite (Rypel). Challengers should includeEvansville Central's undefeated Austin Hall, Castle's Carson Mohler ((also unbeaten), JC's Peyton Shepherd, BLN's Hunter Dalton, Brownsburg's CJ Damler, and Seymour's John Newton along with Homestead's Wyatt Clem. Several others have nice records as well.

195: What this weight lacks in star power, it will make up for in excitement and unpredictability. State qualifier Garrison Lee looks to make his season debut and Westfield boasts an undefeated Nick Schaeffer along with Seymour Senior Tyler Bicknell and his 20-1 record. Big time contenders come in the form of Cathedral's Ben Stewart, JC's Christian Redmond and Isaac McCormick of the burg. Look for Plainfield's Kammerer to surprise people along with Yorktown's Peyton Stites.

220: Clayton Scroggs and Ryan Guhl appear to be on a collision course for the finals but Edgewood's David Wilson and Monrovia's Dristin McCubbins look to upend them on their way. Other contenders for podium spots includeDalton Miller (sey), Joey Pier of Yorktown, Brennan Norman of Castle, Sam Vondersaar (Guerin), Dane Smith of Mooresville, Abel Rivera (THS), and Plainfield's Ernesto Mariscal.

285: Plainfield placer Bryce Biddle is on the preliminary bracket and looks to meet either JC's Brendan Sutton (8-0) or Brownsburg's Rickie Clark in the finals (if he can get past Riley McCubbins of Monrovia). Austen Dollens of Westfield and Jacob Rhoades of Yorktown look to contend as well as a plethora of youthful heavies.

Team race generally comes down to Cathedral and Yorktown, but look for Brownsburg's to add a 3rd competitor to the mix and Jennings County and Monrovia will perform well. Many solid teams competing the next 2 days.

If you're in the Indy area and want to see some great wrestling, head west on I-70 to the home of the state flag and check it out.

Slivka @113?

Just an oversight. Of course he'll be right in the thick of things.

David Bryant HH is at 120lbs.

Like I said many changes were submitted but I was not privy to that info, so it is possible, though he was listed at 126 originally. You probably know better than I though. At either weight he'll be right in the midst of the competition.

Well here it goes, not seen a bracket yet! Throwing out my PICKS.

106- Mills

113- Slivka

120- Hunt

126- Bailey

132- Melloh

138- Eldred

145- B.Lee

152- Herrin

160- Whitaker

170- Walton

182- Rypel

195- Stewart

220- Scroggs

Hwt- Sutton

Team Race: Cathedral , BBurg , Jen Cty , Yorktown , Castle

Edited by Bigtoe19

That being said here's a rundown of the previously listed wrestlers, some may not compete or may be at a different weight than posted:

My previous understanding of the tournaments guidelines was that a "seeded" wrestler could not move to another weight class. So I'm not sure those listed below, who were seeded in the original brackets, would be able to compete if they do not remain where they are. Edited by MattM

Well here it goes, not seen a bracket yet! Throwing out my PICKS.

106- Mills

113- Slivka

120- Hunt

126- Bailey

132- Melloh

138- Eldred

145- B.Lee

152- Herrin

160- Whitaker

170- Walton

182- Rypel

195- Stewart

220- Scroggs

Hwt- Sutton

Team Race: Cathedral , BBurg , Jen Cty , Yorktown , Castle

106- Curtis - Yorktown

113- Stephenson - Yorktown

Rest looks good

There will be great match ups at all the weights for sure (some more than others)

What I will say is that the brackets the coaches have now are being changed due to a large number of changes coming in at the last minute

Not even I have seen the overhauled bracket nor will I until tomorrow morning after weigh ins.

106 has Mills from BBurg, Walendsach (spelling?) from cathedral, Stephenson from Terre Haute South, Casebolt from Castle, Curtis from Yorktown, And Denny from Monrovia. Logan Reams from Plainfield is pretty solid as well. Should be some battles in the lightest weight.

113: Hilighted by Stephenson (Yorktown) and Weaver (BBurg), but a solid middle pack includes Edgewood's Zane Sullivan, Westfield's Reid Hutson, Seymour's Isaiah Pichardo, Gosney from Bloomington North, Antunez from Jennings Co., Overton of Greenwood, Spencer Cox from Mooresville (17-4 currently with losses to Alec White, Mosconi, Weaver, and Mejia (Elkhart Mem)) along with Paterniti who pinned Weaver at County last week.

120: Hunt, Mulkey, Blaigh Rushing( Homestead), Dalton Craig (JC), and Keaton Fisher (Martinsville) all have good chances. Penegar from Seymour, Wymer from Mooresville and Capps from Monrovia have to be thinking podium as well.

126: State placer Bailey headlines this class with a matchup with Homestead's Jack Franklin in the semis, with Isaac Gomez and Carson Willis (Castle) lurking on the opposite side of the bracket. Other placement contenders will be Austin Cook (Northview), David Bryant (Ham Heights), Kreitzer (BBurg), Percival (BLN), and Shuffitt from Seymour.

132: Cathedral's Melloh and Homestead stud Drake Rhodes headline this loaded weight with Alex Barr of Yorktown, undefeated Jacob Schrader of GWood, BBurg's Bigelow, Tri's unbeaten Wes Craft, Edgewood's Levi Swinney, Zach Steele of Westfield, Braedon Clopton of Castle, Loy of Ham Heights, Hendrick's Co. Champ Tyler Summers of Plainfield, Dave Shuffitt of Seymour, Michael Craig (Mville), and the return of Kadin Poe from DC will all have shots at placing. All in all, 19 of the 23 wrestlers have solid winning records which should make for a very exciting two days.

138: Undefeated Evan Eldred of Westfield (won at 132 last year) is the frontrunner. Challenging him for the title will be (in no particular order) Keenan McDaniel of Evansville Central, State Qualifier Cael McCoy of Northview, Cathedral's Joe Devine, BBurg's Connor Allen, Yorktown's Rutter,Brooks Warten (JC), Hunter Haynes ( HH) and Austin Ramsey of Castle.

145: Bulldog Brayton Lee seems to be the guy to beat but multiple grapplers will have a shot at placing including Guerin Catholic's Dawson McMahon, Mooresville Senior Jake Hawkins, Homestead's Brady Wyro, Jennings County's Zane Beineke, Alara Boyd of Yorktown, Reichenbacker of Seymour, Riley White (HH), and Stephen Gibson of Northview. This one is going to be a crap shoot throughout the bracket (with one likely exception).

152: Yorktown's Cael McCormick will have a plethora of challengers including State Placer Andrew Herrin from Jennings Co., undefeated Trezdon O'Neal of HH, and Semi State Qualifier Jaylen Adkins of Decatur Central. Others trying to land on the podium include Troy Owen (BBurg), JT Lazzarra (Guerin), Ethan Stock (Monrovia), Connor Dean (Martinsville), and Zach Newton (Seymour). Very competitive weight here too.

160: Cayden Whitaker (2014 Champ@152 and state placer) will be challenged by Yorktown's Brad Laughlin, JC's Cole Chandler, and Castle's Jacob Farmer. Podium chasers will include Arkee Glover (BBurg), Mike Leonard (Guerin), Eli Stock (Monrovia), Braden Thomas (Seymour), John Inman of Bloomington North, and Andrew Sanders of Mooresville. This could be the best overall competition throughout the tourney.

170: This weight doesn't boast the big names of the past two, but these are no slouches with State placer Nate Walton leading the pack that includes Castle's Evan Dowell and Martinsville's Ethan Runyon. Others looking to place are Westfield's Liam Jagow, Guerin's Alex Iler, Plainfield's Danny Reams, and Northview's Hendrich. Could be lots of unknowns come up in this weight as well.

182: Another deep weight with a heavy favorite (Rypel). Challengers should includeEvansville Central's undefeated Austin Hall, Castle's Carson Mohler ((also unbeaten), JC's Peyton Shepherd, BLN's Hunter Dalton, Brownsburg's CJ Damler, and Seymour's John Newton along with Homestead's Wyatt Clem. Several others have nice records as well.

195: What this weight lacks in star power, it will make up for in excitement and unpredictability. State qualifier Garrison Lee looks to make his season debut and Westfield boasts an undefeated Nick Schaeffer along with Seymour Senior Tyler Bicknell and his 20-1 record. Big time contenders come in the form of Cathedral's Ben Stewart, JC's Christian Redmond and Isaac McCormick of the burg. Look for Plainfield's Kammerer to surprise people along with Yorktown's Peyton Stites.

220: Clayton Scroggs and Ryan Guhl appear to be on a collision course for the finals but Edgewood's David Wilson and Monrovia's Dristin McCubbins look to upend them on their way. Other contenders for podium spots includeDalton Miller (sey), Joey Pier of Yorktown, Brennan Norman of Castle, Sam Vondersaar (Guerin), Dane Smith of Mooresville, Abel Rivera (THS), and Plainfield's Ernesto Mariscal.

285: Plainfield placer Bryce Biddle is on the preliminary bracket and looks to meet either JC's Brendan Sutton (8-0) or Brownsburg's Rickie Clark in the finals (if he can get past Riley McCubbins of Monrovia). Austen Dollens of Westfield and Jacob Rhoades of Yorktown look to contend as well as a plethora of youthful heavies.

Team race generally comes down to Cathedral and Yorktown, but look for Brownsburg's to add a 3rd competitor to the mix and Jennings County and Monrovia will perform well. Many solid teams competing the next 2 days.

If you're in the Indy area and want to see some great wrestling, head west on I-70 to the home of the state flag and check it out.

Just a factual update, Nick Schaefer is no longer undefeated.

My previous understanding of the tournaments guidelines was that a "seeded" wrestler could not move to another weight class. So I'm not sure those listed below, who were seeded in the original brackets, would be able to compete if they do not remain where they are.

That is correct. If they were seeded, then they cannot change weights. If they were unseeded, however, changes can be made.

Just a factual update, Nick Schaefer is no longer undefeated.

Ok. I should have mentioned I also have the records sent before the seeding, so it's been a couple weeks. Surely he's not the only one who I mentioned as unbeaten but lost one since then.

WOW , had a great day of Wrestling @ Mooresville. Here are some things that caught my eye!

106- Seems to be going as planned. Mills vs Casebolt , Curtis vs Denny.

113- Sullivan from Edgewood looked good. Slivka/Antunez great match.

120- Craig vs Rushing-exciting match. Rest played out right.

126- Gomez out this week? Brackets good, Bailey is Dominant!

132- No Suprises here. Melloh vs Bigelow , Clopton vs Rhodes

138- Most interesting Bracket. Eldred missed Weight. Shuffling begins, McCoy/Allen

great match 3-2. Then Rutter over Johnson TB-1 6-5. Bracket worth Admission.

145- Lee is in control of this class. Who wants 2nd.

152- 4solid wrestlers left. McCormick vs Adkins(strong & athletic) O'Neal vs Herrin

160- 2 state placers on a collision coarse. Whitaker vs Laughlin. Should be great.

170- Runyon sick changed 1 bracket, Walton, Hendrich and Dowell are still alive.

182- Shepherd out , helped Duregger. Damler over Dalton. Clem holdin his own with the

guys here in Central,Indiana. RYPEL looks bored, 3 win in 68 second.

195- WOW this class seen the #1 & #2 seed lose. McCormick with a big win over G.Lee 10-2.

Robinson-Edgewood then caught and pinned Schaeffer-Westfield. Plus Stewart and Redmond.

220- Scroggs, Guhl and McCubbins are all trying to 1 up each other in this class.

Hwt- Sutton is the front runner. Clark-BBurg really surprised me. Can he take down another

ranked wrestler in Sutton? Just my Thoughts BT19. Thanks

WOW , had a great day of Wrestling @ Mooresville. Here are some things that caught my eye!

106- Seems to be going as planned. Mills vs Casebolt , Curtis vs Denny.

113- Sullivan from Edgewood looked good. Slivka/Antunez great match.

120- Craig vs Rushing-exciting match. Rest played out right.

126- Gomez out this week? Brackets good, Bailey is Dominant!

132- No Suprises here. Melloh vs Bigelow , Clopton vs Rhodes

138- Most interesting Bracket. Eldred missed Weight. Shuffling begins, McCoy/Allen

great match 3-2. Then Rutter over Johnson TB-1 6-5. Bracket worth Admission.

145- Lee is in control of this class. Who wants 2nd.

152- 4solid wrestlers left. McCormick vs Adkins(strong & athletic) O'Neal vs Herrin

160- 2 state placers on a collision coarse. Whitaker vs Laughlin. Should be great.

170- Runyon sick changed 1 bracket, Walton, Hendrich and Dowell are still alive.

182- Shepherd out , helped Duregger. Damler over Dalton. Clem holdin his own with the

guys here in Central,Indiana. RYPEL looks bored, 3 win in 68 second.

195- WOW this class seen the #1 & #2 seed lose. McCormick with a big win over G.Lee 10-2.

Robinson-Edgewood then caught and pinned Schaeffer-Westfield. Plus Stewart and Redmond.

220- Scroggs, Guhl and McCubbins are all trying to 1 up each other in this class.

Hwt- Sutton is the front runner. Clark-BBurg really surprised me. Can he take down another

ranked wrestler in Sutton? Just my Thoughts BT19. Thanks

FYI ...138 - Eldred is home sick.  Didn't even make the trip.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.