Scholastic duals

Titanium14

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put individual egos aside and demonstrate some state pride!

Then if the top kids decide to wrestle together on the same team, and it is the best team possible. Then let them choose the team that they want to compete for at the event. I have no team in the race, but you say put individual egos aside and demonstrate some state pride. Whatever the kids decide, that should be accepted by the IHSWCA, IndianaMat, or Bob's Builders. It is a great event for Indiana to host and compete in, we should be happy that all these kids are able to get together on a team and showcase their talents. The state is split up enough between fans, coaches, wrestlers, IHSWCA, and IHSAA. This shouldn't be something fought over. It is about the kids and nothing else.

Has anyone seen the team price THIS YEAR for the coaches association teams?  I'd be very surprised if it were anywhere close to 2.5x as much, as you claim.  Until you know the price, don't spread lies about how much cheaper your team is.

Seriously, who has seen the paperwork given out at state that can tell us the real price for this year?

Then if the top kids decide to wrestle together on the same team, and it is the best team possible. Then let them choose the team that they want to compete for at the event. I have no team in the race, but you say put individual egos aside and demonstrate some state pride. Whatever the kids decide, that should be accepted by the IHSWCA, IndianaMat, or Bob's Builders. It is a great event for Indiana to host and compete in, we should be happy that all these kids are able to get together on a team and showcase their talents. The state is split up enough between fans, coaches, wrestlers, IHSWCA, and IHSAA. This shouldn't be something fought over. It is about the kids and nothing else.

This set up to be an all star tournament that features the states top underclassmen against each other.

That's the hole point of the tournament, it's not an ego thing.

This set up to be an all star tournament that features the states top underclassmen against each other.

That's the hole point of the tournament, it's not an ego thing.

Then why does Ohio not have to abide by this rule? Or the Michigan team that is just a local team? The Illinois teams looked like they had a mixture of top kids on all three teams.

Has anyone seen the team price THIS YEAR for the coaches association teams?  I'd be very surprised if it were anywhere close to 2.5x as much, as you claim.  Until you know the price, don't spread lies about how much cheaper your team is.

Seriously, who has seen the paperwork given out at state that can tell us the real price for this year?

$250 for Team Tom Miller

$100 for Team Y2

Only difference is team Miller includes some food.

If you were a parent which would you choose?

What it is going to end up, there will only be teams allowed into the tournament that are "sponsored" by the states coaches association, which originally was the format. It was a privelage to let other Indiana teams compete. The NWCA can go right back to the original tournament format just as easy as they let other teams in.. Its their tournament, not Indiana's. It would be in the best interest of all parties to stop what their doing, let the coaches association fill their teams with the proper qualifiers, and then fill their respective teams. Otherwise, Renegades, Indianamat teams will be no longer. The last person you want to piss off is JC. He runs the show, does a great job. Kids need to wrestle to represent their state. If they are invited to represent the IHSWCA, that is a invite they earned. I have benefited from the Renegades in the past with my wrestlers, but I would certainly vote all outside parties out if it would protect the integrity of the duals. Its a quite simple request. Fill your teams with kids who didn't qualify to be on Indiana Gold or Blue.

Apparently the bylaws can be adjusted to suit individual needs. Last year the blue team didn't invite a 4th placer and put a 5th placer in the slot. The 5th placer didn't make weight so he was replaced by a ssq and moved up a weight class.

Good luck telling parents what team their kids can or cannot wrestle for. Might as well start with me as a test case. My kid is a junior and his invite was for the IN-IL all star dual. Nothing for scholastic duals.

haha $100.. you sleeping in tents for two nights?

$250 includes all gear, meals, lodging and travel to and from venue.

Gear, lodging, entry fee, and transportation if needed to and from the venue.

You see IndianaMat is giving back to the kids instead of making a buck off them.

Why is there even an argument about spreading out our most talented wrestlers among 6 or more different teams instead of putting our top kids all on one team with the best chance of winning it all?

The Evansville Memorial coach has previously posted that he doesn't take the top wrestlers away for his team, but wants to provide the next tier guys an opportunity to compete, as well.  That is the best approach for everyone involved and our state's performance.

Put individual egos aside and demonstrate some state pride!

Could not agree more!

What it is going to end up, there will only be teams allowed into the tournament that are "sponsored" by the states coaches association, which originally was the format. It was a privelage to let other Indiana teams compete. The NWCA can go right back to the original tournament format just as easy as they let other teams in.. Its their tournament, not Indiana's. It would be in the best interest of all parties to stop what their doing, let the coaches association fill their teams with the proper qualifiers, and then fill their respective teams. Otherwise, Renegades, Indianamat teams will be no longer. The last person you want to piss off is JC. He runs the show, does a great job. Kids need to wrestle to represent their state. If they are invited to represent the IHSWCA, that is a invite they earned. I have benefited from the Renegades in the past with my wrestlers, but I would certainly vote all outside parties out if it would protect the integrity of the duals. Its a quite simple request. Fill your teams with kids who didn't qualify to be on Indiana Gold or Blue.

By kids choosing a different option, it would appear they are declining the coaches offer

When you pull the plug on the independent teams and allow only two per state you will lose about 1/3 of the tournament or about $3000 in entry fees.

So with open enrollment you can choose any high school you want to attend but you can't choose the scholastic duals team you want to wrestle for. I say let the kids make their own choice. Most of the coaches are part of the ihswca I'm sure that their influence will help them to pick a team.

There are no by-laws.... I don't anything about the tournament.......an early April Fools Joke........

I just love seeing some you guys get worked up.... Here's how I picture Vito when he's mad on here

office-space-employees-smashing-printer.jpg

I never anticipated this kind of up roar apologies to Joe and the IHSWCA.

There are no by-laws.... I don't anything about the tournament.......an early April Fools Joke........

I just love seeing some you guys get worked up.... Here's how I picture Vito when he's mad on here

I never anticipated this kind of up roar apologies to Joe and the IHSWCA.

R2qFh.gif

It should be about the kids..  If I've noticed anything over the years, its that these top wrestlers in the state are all friends.  They all want to be "cool" and they all want to do what their friends are doing..

If the top guys want to wrestle for IHSWCA Gold because that's the cool thing to do, let them do that.

If the top guys want to wrestle for IndianaMat Gorillas because that's the cool thing to do, let them do that.

I think that once a few of the top guys make a decision one way or the other, their friends (the other top wrestlers) will follow, and this will all be decided..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.