Most to Semi-State

TheRightWay

I came from a school with no wrestling room. We rolled the mats out in the cafe every night and put them back up.

Produced plenty of state qualifiers, finalists, and a few champs.

But sorry to rain on your pity parade. Cry on..

I'm not asking for pity.  I wrestled for a small school that is now a traditional powerhouse.  I had plenty of success individually as well as part of the team.  We didn't need the pity because we beat up on plenty of big schools.  But the fact remains, there were some years we could barely fill all 14 weights.  We would have kids starting because there was literally no one else his weight on the team.  You must be pretty dense to not be able to see the difference between that and rolling 3,4,5 deep at every weight.  Or, you could ignore that and go back to your circle jerk with Caliboy.

I'm not asking for pity.  I wrestled for a small school that is now a traditional powerhouse.  I had plenty of success individually as well as part of the team.  We didn't need the pity because we beat up on plenty of big schools.  But the fact remains, there were some years we could barely fill all 14 weights.  We would have kids starting because there was literally no one else his weight on the team.  You must be pretty dense to not be able to see the difference between that and rolling 3,4,5 deep at every weight.  Or, you could ignore that and go back to your circle jerk with Caliboy.

Although it would be nice to have big numbers, it is not necessary to compete.

BTW- Ive never heard State Champ Coach McCormick complaining about an unfair advantage.

Although it would be nice to have big numbers, it is not necessary to compete.

BTW- Ive never heard State Champ Coach McCormick complaining about an unfair advantage.

Of course he would never come out and say that.  But if you think he wouldn't like to have 2-3 times as many kids on the team you are crazy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.