Weight by weight predictions

Titanium14

106: Hildebrandt - partially because I'm stubborn and picked him earlier in the year, and partially because he's wrestled 5 guys in the top 7 (the only two he hasn't wrestled was himself and konrath) so he will be prepared.

113: Ferguson - he hasn't got the comp which could hurt him... but he beat sinko at the impo.

120: Lahue - he's returning to this weight with his two biggest worries imo coming up from 106, in red and sinko.

126: Micic - I don't feel I should have to explain, even with the Super frosh in this weight.

132: James - Honestly I thought he would win a title already. I'm not exactly comfortable with this pick but the loss to lykins probably helped him.

138: Hughes - He gets his first title. People start saying he will be a three timer and consider him a lock the rest of his hs career, unless he ends up in a weight class with Forte or lee.

145: Forte - he just came back for the Al smith and imo didn't look 100%, and then had a great match with Lecount, after getting some work in... good luck.

152: Carroll - I pulled a name out of a hat.

160: Corsaro - I actually think big Hughes gets it done but it's about time Corsaro wins it, so I'll pick him.

170: Mccloskey - I'm not counting out Osborn who has impressed me, but he's been so close so... yeah

182: Rypel - just because.

195: Kral - He beat Rypel.

220: Robinson - I might actually pay full attention to the 220s this year

285: Bernard - he's a monster.

106 - Drew Hildebrandt - The losses earlier in the season will fuel him even more and he'll likely bring his A-game come state.

113 - Tyler Ferguson - Has shown to be pretty dominant since the preseason open, so I think he continues his dominance.

120 - Jake Sinkovics - Really impressive over the last 2 years and has beaten some pretty tough kids this year.

126 - Stevan Micic - Senior who has had it 2 times already is hard to bet against, even with a super freshman who could pull it off.

132 - Deondre Wilson - Very offensive and rarely in bad position.

138 - Drew Hughes - After his solid win over Cash at the Al Smith, he seems to be a likely choice here.

145 - Tommy Forte - Flip a coin with him and LeCount.

152 - Tristan Macri - Kid has a gas tank that never goes low and wrestles very solidly.

160 - Vinny Corsaro - After being the runner-up twice, hard to bet against him as a determined senior.

170 - Austin McCloskey - Same as Corsaro, came so close the past two years that you have to think he's more determined than ever.

182 - Blake Rypel - I think he's the most solid here but nit could really go to anyone in the top 5.

195 - Tieshawn Johnson - A little bit of bias here, but he has what it takes and has yet to be beaten this year.

220 - Fletcher Miller - Picking him on the slight upset here.

285 - Wesley Bernard - Too much experience and came so close last year.

106 Paul konrath. His 11-6 victory over egli was very impressive

113 DJ Smith he has done well at the state tournament and is a senior

120 Chad Red he is undefeated

126 Stevan Micic one of the top guys in the nation ( as is lee) but I wouldn't bet against him a bankers life

132 deondre Wilson  tough weight to call with deondre and James but no matter the outcome at regional or ss deondre is a gamer (as shown last year)

138 Drew Hughes unless Harvey drops I think he dominates

145 Cody lecount forte and lecount r both more than worthy if a second state title but just going off previous result going with lecount

152 Brendon Kelley based off his 5-2 victory over Carroll

160 Vinny corsaro tough tough weight with Hughes and borta but my gut tells me vinny gets it done

170 Austin McCloskey 3rd as a sophomore,2nd as a junior, he gets the title this time

182 Blake Rypel he has been on fire with numerous high profile victories

195 Jacob aven he may be under the radar but after torching a few ranked guys this year and holding two victories over Tieshawn Johnson as freestyle state he is my pick

220 Fletcher Miller him and gelen r both amazing but due to his impressive offseason I give him the nod in a nail biter

285 Wesley Bernard his time is coming

106 Egli - He and Konrath will battle at semistate and then perhaps again at state. Fantastic practice partners will make the difference

113 Pepple - has gotten stronger as the season has went on

120 Red - Lahue should be a good matchup but otherwise he is untouchable

126 Micic - Nick Lee will need to wait his turn

132 D Wilson - the Jordan Burroughs of IHSAA.  You know that double leg is coming, but theres nothing you can do

138 Hughes - last year's run got him the experience to win it all this year

145 LeCount - Maybe the best technical wrestler in the state.  Doesn't make mistakes

152 Macri - Best of the field

160 Corsaro - Vinny didn't quite have enough for Farrell last year - he will not only win this year he will be dominant

170 J Stevenson - McCloskey returns with championship experience, but Stevenson's brutal in-season schedule has him prepared

182 Eldridge - Rypel and Eldridge will be a battle.  Eldridge wins a tough grind-it-out match

195 Kral - Fort Wayne semistate guys battle back and forth, but he sneaks through for the championship

220 Robinson - From what I saw last year at Bankers Life, ain't nobody going to approach this kids athleticism

285 Bernard - Battle tested, improved every year

106- Bailey

113- Smith

120- Red

126- Micic

132- James

138- Hughes

145- LeCount

152- Macri

160- Corsaro

170 McCloskey

182- Rypel

195- Kral

220- Miller

285- Bernard

Team

1) Cathedral- 3-4 champs and 2-3  in top 4 just too many guns

2) Penn- the most placers

3) Perry- 2 champs and a couple placers

4) EMD

5) Franklin

106- Konrath, least confident with this weight class, could see it going to 4 or 5 different guys

113- Smith, he has already achieved before and now I think he will take it all

120- Red, wasn't my pre-season pick but has been so dominant that I can't pick anyone else

126- Micic, I know there is huge Lee hipe but Micic just simply won't lose this year

132- James, I think they will split wins between semi state and in the finals. Toss up

138- Lykins, After the win over James he convinced me, Hughs has a sick leg ride, and can't count out Cash.  Tough top 3

145- Lecount, I think he wrestled conservativly in there last matchup, even though they know each other styles.  Lecount by 1 or 2

152- Marci, again like 138, top 3 could go a few different ways

160- Borta, UPSET. Never seen such gas tank and year to year impovement.  No biased here, Im far from a North fan.  He is just tough

170- Stevenson, somewhat of an upset.  Hard class to pick

182- Ryple, weakest weight class between 82 and 95

195- Thacker, like I said, weak class, could go a number of differnent ways

220- Robinson, such an athelete, a third class with studs at the top 3

285- Bernard, wouldn't be a bit surprised if Hemmelgarn took it instead

106: Cummings

113: Smith

120: Lahue

126: Micic in OT

132: James

138: Hughes

145: Lecount in OT

152: Kelley

160: Hughes

170: McCloskey

182: Rypel

195: Omar

220: Robinson

HWT: Bernard

Do you think I am a little biased?  ;) ;) ;)

106: Cummings

113: Smith

120: Lahue

126: Micic in OT

132: James

138: Hughes

145: Lecount in OT

152: Kelley

160: Hughes

170: McCloskey

182: Rypel

195: Omar

220: Robinson

HWT: Bernard

Do you think I am a little biased?  ;) ;) ;)

haha Lowell? ya a bit

106 Paul konrath

113 DJ Smith

120 Chad Red

126 Nick Lee- kid is a monster with a great head on his shoulders I'm calling the upset

132 deondre Wilson 

138 Drew Hughes

145 Cody lecount

152 Brendon Kelley

160 Vinny corsaro

170 Austin McCloskey

182 Blake Rypel

195 Jacob aven

220 Fletcher Miller

285 Wesley Bernard

106 Konrath

113 Ferguson

120 Red

126 Lee- Normally I would give the mental edge to a senior that is so achieved but Lee will have the mental edge.

132 James

138 Hughes

145 Lecount

152 Macri

160 Hughes

170 Rickenbaugh

182 Rypel

195 Johnson

220 Miller

285 Bernard

Manns and Kral in the finals at 195, I think Manns will beat Kral next time they wrestle. Manns wins it.

195 is down, but not that far down.. Manns can compete with some of the best wrestlers, but he won't even place IF he qualifies

I picked two for each.  The first name is my prediction and the "DH or Dark Horse" - may not technically be a dark horse, but I definitely wouldnt be surprised to see this person take the title.

106- Konrath - Hasn't lost, and has some impressive wins.

DH -Reitz - Cummings pin was impressive

113- Crary - Just looks dominant.  This may be one of my upsets.

DH -Smith - Probably should be my #1 pick, but going with the Frosh.

120- Red - Dominant and has already been a champ

DH - LaHue - alot of state experience should help

126- Micic - In order to be the champ you have to beat the champ.  I dont see it happening.

DH - Lee - Very impressive Freshman year, but you have to go through Micic.

132- Wilson- Again already wrestled under the lights should help.

DH- James - I may regret putting him as my second choice later on.

138- Hughes - I think he chooses top throughout tournament.  LOL

DH- Lykins - I dont see anyone being able to beat Hughes

145- Forte - I think he wins in the rematch.  Hard to beat someone twice.

DH- LeCount - How do you not go with either of these guys.

152- Kelley - State experience and I think it's his to lose

DH- Carroll - Could we see a rematch under the lights?

160- Corsaro - this is his year

DH -Borta - I think he upsets Hughes.  (Although it can be any of these 3)

170- McCloskey - I think he wins rather dominantly

DH- Osborn - Only one I can see give McCloskey a match

182- Eldridge - This was a tough weight, but going with a small upset.

DH- Jankowski - I think it will be one of these two to upset Rypel.

195- Johnson - I couldnt decide in this weight.

DH- Woods- Round 3 can be under the lights

220- Robinson - I think dominates until Miller

DH- Miller - will finish second again to Gelen.

285- Bernard - Should finally get his title

DH- Streck - Super Sophomore may give Bernard a match

106: Konrath- that solid win over Egli puts him at the top for me.

113: Smith- I think the senior with state experience takes it this year.

120: Red- I don't feel like jumping up to 120 from 106 last year is gonna affect him much.

126: Micic- Senior with two titles over the freshman sensation.

132: Wilson- he really turns it on for the state series, as evidenced by last year.

138: Hughes- he's nearly untouchable at this weight class. Future 3 timer imo.

145: Lecount- beat Forte once, I think he does it again in another close one.

152: Kelley- been solid this year, and that win over Carroll shows he's got it in him.

160: Corsaro- after coming up short the past two years I think he gets it as a senior.

170: McCloskey- really rooting for him after coming back, I think he also captures that elusive title as a senior.

182: Rypel- no solid reason here, he just seems like he's at the head of the weight class right now.

195: Johnson- I think its between him and Woods, and obviously Johnson has the two victories over him.

220: Robinson: dudes a beast. No other explanation needed.

285: Bernard: really solid wrestler, and had a nice win over Fletcher Miller from 220.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.