126!

Pinning01

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that a Nick Lee fan posted the below on Flo Rankings under the 126# ranking.  Flo or Intermat have him ranked.  For all you Lee fans who think that he's better than Micic, why isn't Lee ranked?  Where should he be ranked?

lookupatthelights

1 hour ago

nick lee is a beast. I practice with him at time to time

I see that a Nick Lee fan posted the below on Flo Rankings under the 126# ranking.  Flo or Intermat have him ranked.  For all you Lee fans who think that he's better than Micic, why isn't Lee ranked?  Where should he be ranked?

lookupatthelights

1 hour ago

nick lee is a beast. I practice with him at time to time

Nick has been hovering in and out of the #20 spot on Flo's rankings over the last 6 months.  His lack of big national name wins during the high school season prevents him, as well as most Indiana kids, from moving around to much in Flo's rankings during the season.  Other states big studs are shifting around more after strong showings at some in season national events that indiana schools can't participate in due to IHSAA travel restrictions.  Since entering high school Lee just hasn't seen the top 20 national competition, but clearly a Lee win over someone Micic at state would boost his high school profile a lot.  In general we will see most of a the Indiana wrestlers movement come during off season event where they will see more national competition. 

but clearly a Lee win over someone Micic at state would boost his high school profile a lot.

A win like that would give Lee a nice boost nationally. I think in time, more than likely in the offseason, he'll make some moves at the national level. IMO finishing in the top 3 this year at 126 is the expectation right now. He will be considerably bigger than Micic if and when they meet, but the outcome will be fairly decisive in Micic's favor. And that opinion is from a top nationally ranked wrestler who has wrestled both in the last year. He told me he didn''t expect the match would be a tight one.

Nick has been hovering in and out of the #20 spot on Flo's rankings over the last 6 months.  His lack of big national name wins during the high school season prevents him, as well as most Indiana kids, from moving around to much in Flo's rankings during the season.  Other states big studs are shifting around more after strong showings at some in season national events that indiana schools can't participate in due to IHSAA travel restrictions.  Since entering high school Lee just hasn't seen the top 20 national competition, but clearly a Lee win over someone Micic at state would boost his high school profile a lot.  In general we will see most of a the Indiana wrestlers movement come during off season event where they will see more national competition. 

Nice post.  I went back and looked up Nick Lee's accomplishments via Trackwrestling. I see he has a couple of loses in the past year but other than that, most of his wins are against non-ranked wrestlers.  A win against Zahid Valencia would've been big.  Zahid just knows how to win period.  I know that trackwrestling doesn't have all the results but could someone make an argument why Nick Lee should be ranked and his resume that would have one to believe that he's better than Micic?  I've read the Davis common opponents but surely there has to be more to that argument than one matchup.  I'm not talking about local competition because lets be honest, the national dominance at 126# in IN isn't there.

Is Nick Lee a Cadet again next year if he attends Fargo?  If so, it's going to be hard to move up the rankings.  Juniors usually get the nod over Cadets when it comes to rankings.

Is Nick Lee a Cadet again next year if he attends Fargo?  If so, it's going to be hard to move up the rankings.  Juniors usually get the nod over Cadets when it comes to rankings.

Micic wrestled as a Fila Junior last year even though he was a Cadet, and finishing 5th against mainly College opponents. After that the college coaches literally blew up the Micic's phone service.

Yes he will be a second year cadet.  Some big name wins at events like FloNationals, Cadet Nationals in Fargo, and FILA Cadet World team trials would still help boost his rankings more than beating most in season Indiana High School competition.  I'm sure possible wins over Hughes and Wilson (who would be somewhat known) and Micic (Flo #2 and other publications #1) are about the only key in season wins that national Rankers would look at.

Micic wrestled as a Fila Junior last year even though he was a Cadet, and finishing 5th against mainly College opponents. After that the college coaches literally blew up the Micic's phone service.

I don't think that him attending Fila Junior Nationals had anything to do with colleges calling him in July.  He didn't beat any names.  He beat a college wrestler who was at best 500.  Maybe they liked the fact that he stepped up to challenge older wrestlers, I don't know.  Micic is ranked #1 because what he's accomplishment in freestyle period.  Micic has 1 win against a top name and that was Boston.

I don't think that him attending Fila Junior Nationals had anything to do with colleges calling him in July.  He didn't beat any names.  He beat a college wrestler who was at best 500.  Maybe they liked the fact that he stepped up to challenge older wrestlers, I don't know.  Micic is ranked #1 because what he's accomplishment in freestyle period.  Micic has 1 win against a top name and that was Boston.

You may be right. But the fact is 4 major programs that had not contacted prior to that event called within a week. So it may have been coincidence. I wasn't expressing my opinion just the timeline as it happened.

His phone literally blew up?  I hope the schools that caused the explosion help the family get a new phone. ;D

You may be right. But the fact is 4 major programs that had not contacted prior to that event called within a week. So it may have been coincidence. I wasn't expressing my opinion just the timeline as it happened.

I saw your post about tOSU, NU, Havard & Iowa.  I can see why Micic would choose NU.  Harvard (Brad Perkins = animal), Iowa (Gillman & Clark = obvious) and tOSU (Nathan Tomasello = beast) would've not been a good fit with all that talent and the fact that they are under classman.  NU needs another 125# to step in after Micic redshirt year.  Makes perfect sense.

I saw your post about tOSU, NU, Havard & Iowa.  I can see why Micic would choose NU.  Harvard (Brad Perkins = animal), Iowa (Gillman & Clark = obvious) and tOSU (Nathan Tomasello = beast) would've not been a good fit with all that talent and the fact that they are under classman.  NU needs another 125# to step in after Micic redshirt year.  Makes perfect sense.

I think they chose NU first for the educational value then the family connection, being close to his family was absolutely #1. They are also very close with the Tsirtsis family and Stevan spends allot of time with Jason and Alex. I think Iowa and OSU may have wanted him at 133. Stevan is a 4.0 student as well 

I think they chose NU first for the educational value then the family connection, being close to his family was absolutely #1. They are also very close with the Tsirtsis family and Stevan spends allot of time with Jason and Alex. I think Iowa and OSU may have wanted him at 133. Stevan is a 4.0 student as well

He will definitely be getting an excellent education.

This kid is 125 for four years. Doubt he is cutting to make 126 now.

125 lb D1 guys are big, and 133 guys are huge compared to 125, some of these guys

Coming down from 145-150+.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.